A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1300432107' post='2668878']
lol. your biggest nation has a $10b warchest. you're literally protecting people who are fully capable of defending themselves. the funny thing is, we have the funding capacity for an extended war, whereas you do not due to them hiding in PM. so any 'threat' of a two year long war is empty, and even if you could fund it, gOONs would love the opportunity. we're offering an exit, and you're 'protecting' nations who can look after themselves. hilarious.
[/quote]

Do you really think we're that stupid? We've know from the start our upper tier are heavily out numbered and out gunned. They'll get smashed, which of course is the entire idea of this 'term'. You don't seem to understand I don't care how well you can fund yourselves or keep the war going. I'm not here for my nation, I'm here for my community. Fund yourselves higher than Rockefeller and pound it all you want for long as you want. It matters nothing to me. I wasn't issuing any threats. We've been told bring our peace nations out or the war continues. How long that happens is up to you. It's your war and in your control after all.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1300432483' post='2668886']
I don't even know what is going thru your head to come to this conclusion. NPO is not apart of RV's argument, it is the rest of them that jumped at the chance to hit goons. They should know what to expect from the alliance who demands reps from anyone who wrongs us. Why you keep bringing up NPO as part of your counter argument is beyond, do you just have the one note to chirp?
[/quote]

NPO = our MADP partner. Once you hit them, chain is triggered. You've hit us as well. We hit back. I actually haven't fought a single GOONs this entire war. All MK and Umbrella with one LOST.

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1300432483' post='2668886']
I don't even know what is going thru your head to come to this conclusion. NPO is not apart of RV's argument, it is the rest of them that jumped at the chance to hit goons. They should know what to expect from the alliance who demands reps from anyone who wrongs us. Why you keep bringing up NPO as part of your counter argument is beyond, do you just have the one note to chirp?
[/quote]

Lol, you think I really care about attacking you? I never jumped at the chance to hit GOONS. Though truth be told, given the circumstances I am plenty willing to jump at the chance to defend my ally.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300431720' post='2668870']
Five different alliances attacked NPO. To continue to claim that not one of them had any reason to do so is simply ludicrous.
[/quote]He was talking about Doomhut. Stop hiding behind FAN, it's truly pathetic to watch, and it's an insult to the noble alliance of warriors that FAN is.

[quote name='Dan2680' timestamp='1300432281' post='2668880']
You act like defending your ally is a pain... do you have no friends on CN? When my ally is dishonourably attacked by a multitude of alliances (who else was that complaining about being dog piled now?) I do not simply just choose to enter... I am honour bound to fullfil my treaty obligations. I want to defend my ally, because he is my ally... he is my friend...

I know what to expect going into war... apparently GOONS was a little shocked to be attacked though.

And I beg to differ, NPO had no choice what so ever. They were forced to enter this war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You think I'd prefer the NSO sitting out because it is a pain? No. We had friends on both sides of this conflict. Polar was attacked. STA was fighting. But we had to sit out, as it was the coalition strategy to save its more valuable cards until later. NPO finally got attacked for no reason, as far as I think (DH thinks differently of course), and we decided to come in. If we didn't, NSO members would have left in droves to fight elsewhere. We think this war is stupid, yes, but it was one that was bound to happen. Losing side or not, it is the side we support and the side we have our friends on. Still, we made a choice to enter. We could have activated the Hydra treaty to get in on the winning side, or we could have claimed conflicting treaties and sat out. But we choice to get in on it because we felt it the right thing to do.

But make no mistake, it was a choice. Call it honor or sacred duty or whatever pretty words make you feel best, but there is no skirting around it. You, like us, made the conscious choice to honor your agreement. And you choice to hit GOONS, knowing the consequences.

Do I believe any alliance should have to pay reps for honoring a treaty? Absolutely not. I do believe GOONS is wrong to ask for that, but the facts are what they are. The reality is what it is. We all knew what the consequences would be for choosing to honor our treaties when we got into this.

NSO had the choice to support CD or NPO. MHA would have been a quick and easy war, and we could have left with no reps, little damage, and a mere re-entry clause. We could have avoided the whole GOONS thing. But we chose to fight GOONS. We lost. GOONS dictates the terms.

Anyway, no, defending NPO is not a pain, and something I do gladly. Having to defend it while being in the same coalition as Invicta and Legion, I won't lie. That is pretty painful.[/color]

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300432418' post='2668884']
Um, this doesn't really match up with what you've said regarding the war before.

In addition, not really, no. Why didn't MK just attack NPO before then?
[/quote]
Because they needed the cover of VE's war with Polaris in order to get away with it.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300431720' post='2668870']
Five different alliances attacked NPO. To continue to claim that not one of them had any reason to do so is simply ludicrous.
[/quote]
IT was an Outhouse DoW not a GOONs individual DoW and four other DoWs. Outhouse is run by MK.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1300432663' post='2668895']
NPO = our MADP partner. Once you hit them, chain is triggered. You've hit us as well. We hit back. I actually haven't fought a single GOONs this entire war. All MK and Umbrella with one LOST.
[/quote]
Likewise, 64Digits' entry was also predetermined. There was no choice to be made here.

GOONS attempts at extortion aren't some kind of absurd deterrent. They're greedy $%&@s who think they should get paid to wage a war of aggression. I continue to say no to that.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300432933' post='2668899']
[color="#0000FF"]You think I'd prefer the NSO sitting out because it is a pain? No. We had friends on both sides of this conflict. Polar was attacked. STA was fighting. But we had to sit out, as it was the coalition strategy to save its more valuable cards until later. NPO finally got attacked for no reason, as far as I think (DH thinks differently of course), and we decided to come in. If we didn't, NSO members would have left in droves to fight elsewhere. We think this war is stupid, yes, but it was one that was bound to happen. Losing side or not, it is the side we support and the side we have our friends on. Still, we made a choice to enter. We could have activated the Hydra treaty to get in on the winning side, or we could have claimed conflicting treaties and sat out. But we choice to get in on it because we felt it the right thing to do.

But make no mistake, it was a choice. Call it honor or sacred duty or whatever pretty words make you feel best, but there is no skirting around it. You, like us, made the conscious choice to honor your agreement. And you choice to hit GOONS, knowing the consequences.

Do I believe any alliance should have to pay reps for honoring a treaty? Absolutely not. I do believe GOONS is wrong to ask for that, but the facts are what they are. The reality is what it is. We all knew what the consequences would be for choosing to honor our treaties when we got into this.

NSO had the choice to support CD or NPO. MHA would have been a quick and easy war, and we could have left with no reps, little damage, and a mere re-entry clause. We could have avoided the whole GOONS thing. But we chose to fight GOONS. We lost. GOONS dictates the terms.

Anyway, no, defending NPO is not a pain, and something I do gladly. Having to defend it while being in the same coalition as Invicta and Legion, I won't lie. That is pretty painful.[/color]
[/quote]

I agree with everything you said up until about the last part there... :lol1:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300433175' post='2668902']
IT was an Outhouse DoW not a GOONs individual DoW and four other DoWs. Outhouse is run by MK.

[/quote]
Outhouse? I like it. Way better than Doomhut.

I'm stealing this, with no intention of attributing it.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300433175' post='2668902']

[/quote]
What does me !@#$ting outside have to do with anything?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300433175' post='2668902']Outhouse is run by MK.
[/quote]

Since when?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300432933' post='2668899']
[/color]
[/quote]

What were these more valuable cards?

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300430655' post='2668855']
But you aren't asking for reps. Reps are a figure designed to repair the damage you suffered. Sardonic has admitted you are charging based on ability to pay, not damage caused. Therefore, it is by definition extortion and not reps.

I really don't care, either way the numbers are just outrageous, but I believe that's what he was getting at.
[/quote]

And this would be why everyone, on either side, cringes when you post. You make whatever side you argue on look ridiculous. I really do wonder sometimes if you actually have some sort of secret personal vendetta against NPO & co and have set out to give whatever thread they could possibly gain favor in the kiss of death.

By all means though, proceed.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1300432351' post='2668881']
And since no one answered it very early today....One round of war vs the massive tech nations in UMB and MK will put every NPO member down into the middle tiers. DH is already outnumbered there and getting beaten up quite a bit. Will you call in even more allies to fight these NPO nations for the last two rounds or stick it out with what you have at the table already?
[/quote]
MK and the rest of Outhouse have no intention of fighting NPO alone.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300373715' post='2667713']
I'd say that pitting our 200 nations against 500+ would be more dumb than brave.
[/quote]

MK and Umbrella combined are only 283 nations and GOONs needed $5.3 billion and soldiers so far to keep them alive, they are a broken alliance. Outhouse cant finish NPO alone let alone NPO & Legion.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300334058' post='2666890']
Doomhouse and its allies have for the past month maintained the largest aid operation in history, funneling over $5.3 billion dollars into the coffers of brave Kingdom and GOON nations, along with millions of soldiers to fight where they are most needed.

[/quote]

GOONs started getting aid before reaching 5 days of fighting. Thats not relevant to my post but its very funny. The 5 day warchest is alive and well

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300434105' post='2668911']
[color="#0000FF"]Legion, NSO, and TPF, due mainly to our ties with the NPO. But I'm sure you already knew that.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, but thus far, it appears from what has been said that all of those were just going to burn with no support anyway.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300434169' post='2668912']
Yeah, but thus far, it appears from what has been said that all of those were just going to burn with no support anyway.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Would NPO have stayed out if any of us came in? I can't say. Maybe, maybe not. I just know the reason why NSO was asked to stay out as long as it did. I jump to my own conclusions based on that.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300434372' post='2668913']
[color="#0000FF"]Would NPO have stayed out if any of us came in? I can't say. Maybe, maybe not. I just know the reason why NSO was asked to stay out as long as it did. I jump to my own conclusions based on that.[/color]
[/quote]
I would $%&@ you RV. Just thought I'd let you know how esecy you are. Also $%&@ TOOL.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300404966' post='2668434']
Just like NPO proved FAN wrong?
[/quote]
If FAN had the guarantee of white peace after a few weeks of war, then yes, they would have been better off long term taking that offer. I don't think white peace was on the table though, but negotiating terms.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300427581' post='2668806']
None of the reasons for this war are valid, the primary three selling points were the following:

a) "We don't like you"
b) "NPO is evil, look at all the crap they did before Karma, they need to be put down"
c) "Preemptive strike as part of the VE war, nothing else to see here folks"

© is proven false by the fact that you are making such absurd demands from this side.

(a) is not nor will it ever be valid

Therefore you fall back on (b), but NPO already paid for their sins in Karma. So, you are essentially going back on the terms from Karma. Maybe not GOONS specifically, but Umb and MK were there and MK even signed off on the terms.

So yes, this war is going back on Pacifica's terms from Karma.
[/quote]
A) You forgot to add "unless it's used against GOONS" as I seem to recall you not having any problems with The Ninja's attack on GOONS for that same reason.

B) How much NPO needs to pay for their sins is subjective. Personally, I feel it's ludicrous to think they paid for everything they've done with just Karma War.
As for MK signing the terms, here is Archon's signature:
[quote][b]For Karma[/b]
Death Incarnate, The Wrath of Karma, LiquidMercury
Karma Incarnate, The Voice of Karma, Archon [/quote]
The way I see it and think Archon intended it, is that he signed the terms not as the King of MK, but as the ceremonial Voice of Karma. Had there been no title next to him you'd have a case, but as it is nothing in the document refers to MK or Archon being our King for the simple reason of[i] him representing ~Karma~ and not MK[/i].
"But Gobb, he is the sovereign of MK, his word is the law of MK!" Yes he is, but not everything he says or does is for MK and as the King of MK, especially if he signs a document "For Karma" as The Voice of Karma.

I won't argue about about c) since it's already been explained by Roquentin over and over again.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300434013' post='2668910']
GOONs started getting aid before reaching 5 days of fighting. Thats not relevant to my post but its very funny. The 5 day warchest is alive and well
[/quote]

I'll have you know I've not received war aid in the whole of this conflict and am still going strong. :smug:

Also, I would like to thank all the Hopeless Coalition members that have helped supplement my standing warchest during this time of war. Because you I have been able to keep well afloat through 3 nukes and innumerable individual wars. Again, thank you for your support.

As well, five days in we had our first major wave of new recruits come in from our tithes in the GOONS homeland.