A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='Sam Winters' timestamp='1297932514' post='2636553']
20 or 25 nukes run out quick. Even if you can buy 7-14 more in that first week, it's not unreasonable to see all of them gone within the week.

I sent 12 nukes in 1 day to hit 6 targets.

LOSS has lost 2,440,338NS since the 21st.
CSN has lost 2,257,052NS since the 22nd.

Difference of 183,286NS.
[/quote]

was just doing quick math. wasnt doing exact numbers and they probably lost a bit more after that post. so 300k wasnt too far off with rounding

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1297947111' post='2636613']
Oh god p[i]l[/i]ease d[i]o[/i]n't say that. P[i]l[/i]ease do[i]n[/i]'t. There are c[i]o[/i]untless a[i]r[/i]gument[i]s[/i] and co[i]u[/i]nte[i]r[/i] a[i]r[/i]gum[i]en[/i]ts somewhere in the mi[i]d[/i]dl[i]e[/i] of this th[i]re[/i]a[i]d[/i].
[/quote]

I admit, I laughed.

On another note, I really need to sit down and figure out the entirety of what's going on here.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1297947076' post='2636611']
How's Karma now?
[/quote]
Well, I must admit, I put a little too much faith that people would practice what they preach.
Nonetheless, I'm glad it happened - there were people that wronged me that got their comeuppance. Now I've forgiven them. But this isn't the time or the place, though I'd have no problem discussing with you elsewhere, shah :)

As far as the war goes, the phrase "DT lost, CSN won, so they can do whatever they want" is becoming less valid with each passing day. Especially with the decreased pressure on LoSS, CSN is proving to be quite the paper tiger. I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped below 3mil NS before this time next week.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1297969113' post='2636799']
Well, I must admit, I put a little too much faith that people would practice what they preach.
Nonetheless, I'm glad it happened - there were people that wronged me that got their comeuppance. Now I've forgiven them. But this isn't the time or the place, though I'd have no problem discussing with you elsewhere, shah :)

As far as the war goes, the phrase "DT lost, CSN won, so they can do whatever they want" is becoming less valid with each passing day. Especially with the decreased pressure on LoSS, CSN is proving to be quite the paper tiger. I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped below 3mil NS before this time next week.
[/quote]
WELL WE ARE A BUBBLERAP TIGER!

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1297953402' post='2636656']
so a dogpiled nation is fighting 4-6v1. has 25 nukes. (we will go with a 4v1) takes at least 2 nukes per attacker to hit. so now you are down by 25% of your stockpile in one day. while those doing the dogpile can nuke your nation for a week simply by switching off who hits and letting the others build up their nuke stockpiles again. Soon the dogpiled is out of nukes (most likely by day 5 of the war). in a 6v1 it could be quicker. you seem to forget this nice little wonder called the SDI that thwarts nuclear attacks. so, in reality, it works exactly like i said it does, unless of course VE does not have any SDIs?

also, you can only eat 1 nuke per day. and sure, 4 nations take 1 nuke per day for 2 to 4 days. but that single nation will end up taking 6. then there is the fact that we have all seen and heard of an SDI thwarting 10 or more in a row. could you imagine having 25 nukes and have 10 of them thwarted before you manage to nuke a single opponent. welp, now you only have 14 left (10 thwarted plus 1 hit) to nuke the other 3. and if that takes the average of 3 (iirc) that means you are down to 5. all that in a single day. which means on average, you get to nuke 1 nation the following day while you will still most likely end up taking 6.

yup. it sure does seem like the dogpilers take more damage.... (and this without even getting into spying away nukes).

heh. /me looks at AA

well damn, i wish my gov had told me that CSN won and we are no longer at war.... could have sworn we were still at war...
[/quote]

Well if you are retarded enough to start declaring wars out when you've already got saturated defensive slots your stockpile evaporating in record time is your own damn fault.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1297976735' post='2636904']
Well if you are retarded enough to start declaring wars out when you've already got saturated defensive slots your stockpile evaporating in record time is your own damn fault.
[/quote]
ummm like if your opponent outnumbers you they can attack you with lots of people....

[/quote]
Well. Let's look at it in a way that doesn't involve calling names.
If 1 guy runs out of nukes because 60% of his are thwarted, he's done. If 3 guys fighting him have 60% thwarted, they still have nukes. Make sense?

[/quote]

so from what you are saying, i should never attack unless my side has superior numbers? clearly you don't understand that most likely i attacked first and then got hit afterwards? but that is okay, most of what you said is simply ridiculous. if i had saturated defensive slots, then no, i would not attack unless i was just dominating my opponents or if another nation needed help badly. i am not sure how VE conducts war but DT actually uses their offensive slots.

and from just a quick look, it does appear that VE also utilizes their offensive slots. so how about you stop insulting or finding the most ridiculous situation and assuming that is what i am discussing. i know it is hard when i and others have basically dismantled your argument but you should give it a try.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1297953402' post='2636656']

also, you can only eat 1 nuke per day. and sure, 4 nations take 1 nuke per day for 2 to 4 days. but that single nation will end up taking 6.

[/quote]
4 nations each taking 2 nukes = 8 nukes worth of damage.
1 nation taking 6 nukes = 6 nukes worth of damage.

4 nations each taking 4 nukes = 16 nukes worth of damage

So...yah. Looks like the dogpiling alliance does take more NUCLEAR damage at least.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297980269' post='2636956']

So...yah. Looks like the dogpiling alliance does take more NUCLEAR damage at least.
[/quote]
They do. Until, you know, the dogpiled alliance runs out of nukes.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297980269' post='2636956']

[/quote]

for how long? the 1 nation will run out nukes sometime and far quicker than the dogpiling alliance. and again, if you take into account nukes being spied away, that means even less nukes. Then lets go with- dogpiling alliances have a total of 300 members and an ANS of 50k against an alliance of 100 with an ANS of 50k NS. can you guess who has more nuclear capable nations? basically the dogpiling alliances would have roughly thrice the number of nuclear capable nations and probably thrice the number of nukes as well. can you guess which side will take far more nuclear damage?

seriously, the only time dogpiling alliances will take more nuclear damage is in a situation like this: GATO and LoSS attack Umbrella. (Pre-war LoSS/GATO) far more nations on GATO/LoSS side but it is Umbrella for pete's sake. no offense to GATO or LoSS but Umbrella would rip both of them a new b-hole.

this farce that the dogpiling side always takes more nuclear damage is just that a farce. if the number of upper and mid-tier nations are greater on the dogpiling side, then more than likely the underdog side will take more nuclear damage than the dogpiling side. if the number of upper and mid-tier nations are greater on the underdog side, then more than likely the dogpiling side will take more nuclear damage.

so to state that the dogpiling side will always take more damage is false and to state that the underdog side will always take more damage is also false. though for the underdog, unless they have more nations, sooner or later, they will start to take more damage mostly due to running low on WC or the dogpiling side simply starting to nuke the crap out of the lower tier or both.

[/quote]
Fighting defensive wars only limits your damage output. It's better to be able to pick some of your targets.

Also you really need to stop giving advice on topics you know nothing about, given that you've not ever been on the receiving end of the dogpile.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1297981181' post='2636966']
for how long? the 1 nation will run out nukes sometime and far quicker than the dogpiling alliance. and again, if you take into account nukes being spied away, that means even less nukes. Then lets go with- dogpiling alliances have a total of 300 members and an ANS of 50k against an alliance of 100 with an ANS of 50k NS. can you guess who has more nuclear capable nations? basically the dogpiling alliances would have roughly thrice the number of nuclear capable nations and probably thrice the number of nukes as well. can you guess which side will take far more nuclear damage? [/quote]
The better built alliance will have more nukes. It's not members, it's quality of said members in many cases.

[quote]

seriously, the only time dogpiling alliances will take more nuclear damage is in a situation like this: GATO and LoSS attack Umbrella. (Pre-war LoSS/GATO) far more nations on GATO/LoSS side but it is Umbrella for pete's sake. no offense to GATO or LoSS but Umbrella would rip both of them a new b-hole. [/quote]
In your 3 to 1 advantage, GATO alone should be suffcient. But if you think that's the only case where a smaller alliance will tear a bigger one apart....yah.

[quote]
this farce that the dogpiling side always takes more nuclear damage is just that a farce. if the number of upper and mid-tier nations are greater on the dogpiling side, then more than likely the underdog side will take more nuclear damage than the dogpiling side. if the number of upper and mid-tier nations are greater on the underdog side, then more than likely the dogpiling side will take more nuclear damage.
[/quote]

The operative word in the above is IF. In this case, I would guess (not having checked officially) that DT had a better/bigger upper tier based on their Avg nations strength.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297986171' post='2637036']
Fighting defensive wars only limits your damage output. It's better to be able to pick some of your targets.

Also you really need to stop giving advice on topics you know nothing about, given that you've not ever been on the receiving end of the dogpile.
[/quote]

No of course not, VE's never lost a war.

So here is what I don't get. I have only been halfheartedly following this thread.

1.) Goose leaves talks. okay so you would think that common sense says you leave because you already know that xilph isn't in CSN let alone in their gov. So the question then becomes why on gods green earth would you then continue talks with him?

2.) xilph puts the bug in CSN's ear about the reps okay fine. What possible outcome do you hope to achieve in the long run by dragging your talks out to the court of public appeals where in all fact and manner these people have absolutely nothing to do with any talks on going or not.

Now don't take me wrong I honestly agree somewhat in that this is only a fringe war and reps should not be asked for. HOWEVER, and I can not stress that enough. I don't represent CSN or Legacy GOV, and therefore, it is only my opinion so don't go running off saying to CSN see even your allies don't agree with you cause we all know it is crap.