A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1297654234' post='2632117']
You , my friend, are an old hand at this. There are far bigger weapons on planet Bob, than CMs, Tanks, and Nukes. Some ...oratories.. from some people.... can break even the strongest of alliances. No, seriously, I remember a time, when Athens made a really bad mistake, and to a man, our allies, had our backs. The peanut gallery is ok to decide for themselves, the merits of DT-CSN relations, but, CSN are my ally, I have their backs. DT are not my ally. Its an EASY choice to make.
[/quote]

I totally understand that. However, you currently have bigger fish to fry. At the time of Athens mistake your allies weren't already engaged in another front.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297652982' post='2632066']
[color="#0000FF"]CSN refused DT's initial offer, as has already been stated. They left not with the intent of discussing DT's offer but with refusing it. The protocol's many on your side seem so intent on following, and oft complain when they aren't, dictate that once an offer has been refused it is off the table. Had it been DT who had rejected the offer, and then changed their minds about it, I'm pretty sure you'd be singing a different tune.[/color]
[/quote]
I can't actually recall a situation where this has been the case, but I don't object to the principle of an offer being taken off the table once it's been rejected so I supposed that's a moot point. It's like when a used car dealership offers to buy your the car for $12,000 and you say it's too low. Then you come back and he'll only give you $10,000 for it. Sure, whatever. But this is like you going back to the car dealership and then saying that not only will they not pay you anything for the car but actually, you should pay [i]them[/i] a hundred bucks as a thank you for taking it. At which point any reasonable person tells them to "**** off"

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1297654499' post='2632127']
I can't actually recall a situation where this has been the case, but I don't object to the principle of an offer being taken off the table once it's been rejected so I supposed that's a moot point. It's like when a used car dealership offers to buy your the car for $12,000 and you say it's too low. Then you come back and he'll only give you $10,000 for it. Sure, whatever. But this is like you going back to the car dealership and then saying that not only will they not pay you anything for the car but actually, you should pay [i]them[/i] a hundred bucks as a thank you for taking it. At which point any reasonable person tells them to "**** off"
[/quote]

not really. cuz we never stated the amount of reps was too low. nor did we demand any reps from CSN. we asked for an apology and then retracted that the moment CSN refused. other than that it was white peace. your analogy comes nowhere near the mark.

Wow, never thought I'd see anything humble the former tyranny of NPO, congratulations CSN, you just took their #1 spot on the a'hole-list (Xiph only moves up one point to share the top position, as he was already #2 :P).

Seems the dreams of a new CN are sadly fading...

[quote name='Jesper' timestamp='1297654708' post='2632134']
Wow, never thought I'd see anything humble the former tyranny of NPO, congratulations CSN, you just took their #1 spot on the a'hole-list (Xiph only moves up one point to share the top position, as he was already #2 :P).

Seems the dreams of a new CN are sadly fading...
[/quote]
you were all deluding yourselves, and I told you this during Karma, there is no CN, just new people in charge of the hegemony.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1297654640' post='2632132']
not really. cuz we never stated the amount of reps was too low. nor did we demand any reps from CSN. we asked for an apology and then retracted that the moment CSN refused. other than that it was white peace. your analogy comes nowhere near the mark.
[/quote]
Personally, as anyone who has seen the leaked screenshots is aware, I don't care about reps. But I doubt you're going to get away with not surrendering. If you want peace.

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1297654198' post='2632113']
I assume by "full support", you mean "just moral support"...

I'm not antagonizing you, just curious.[/quote]

Amazingly enough, I believe he means what he says. I don't know how he could have said it more clearly.

[quote]We're not getting our asses handed to us...

Uh....

?
[/quote]

Actually, [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=Commonwealth%20Of%20Sovereign%20Nations"]you are[/url]. And when you call in one of your SF pals -- note that I didn't say "if" -- whether it's GOD or RIA or whomever, the collective response of those on the sidelines will be laughter at your expense.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297654470' post='2632126']
Nice to see you around even if in a shameful thread like this one, I miss our discussions :/
[/quote]

Aha, NpO was a part of Karma! :awesome:

In all seriousness though, I do still believe a resolution is still possible that will leave all parties somewhat satisfied, and I hope that is what comes to pass.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1297653506' post='2632088']
After all this bravado and talk of killing DT, i am sure that CSN will go whine to their allies. How soon before we see some fresh alliance declaring war on Dark Templar ???
[/quote]

I'd probably put quite a bit of tech on within 3 days.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297654946' post='2632141']
Amazingly enough, I believe he means what he says. I don't know how he could have said it more clearly.
[/quote]
Well that should make things more interesting.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297654946' post='2632141']
Actually, [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?View=Charts&Alliance=Commonwealth%20Of%20Sovereign%20Nations"]you are[/url]. And when you call in one of your SF pals -- note that I didn't say "if" -- whether it's GOD or RIA or whomever, the collective response of those on the sidelines will be laughter at your expense.
[/quote]
Look at the chart closely. Look at the slope of the last 4 - 5 days. Maybe, 50k a day? And that's having a front still open on LoSS.

If you think DT is putting a hurting on us, you need to stop and try thinking through the math clearly.

I am impressed with your clairvoyance however. And it will be noted for future rubbing in when (or if, whichever you prefer) you are shown wrong.

Edited by dejarue

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1297653859' post='2632103']
Anyways. I'm sure in the end, CSN, we will have to force your eyes open.
[/quote]
I'm sure in the end everyone will realize everything posted on these forums is garbage. Its like a dumping ground for everyone's opinion on everything, a place where we share a refined occasionally coherent and logical stream of consciousness if you will. I could share more of my opinions, and philosophical views, theories, and probably give a good amount of supporting evidence, but it would just be more trash on the heap.

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1297654915' post='2632139']
Personally, as anyone who has seen the leaked screenshots is aware, I don't care about reps. But I doubt you're going to get away with not surrendering. If you want peace.
[/quote]

i don't care about surrendering to be honest. i just doubt we are going to be paying 40k tech to ya'll in any variant you can think of.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297654153' post='2632111']

[b]Owing to the fact that you're getting your collective asses handed to you, you will call in one of your pals to take some of the heat off. Why? Well....having lost 8% of your members and nearly 30% of your NS in less than two weeks, you're in no position to continue to make demands of anyone.[/b]

[/quote]

DT has also lost nearly 30% of their NS. Your point?

[quote]After all this bravado and talk of killing DT, i am sure that CSN will go whine to their allies. How soon before we see some fresh alliance declaring war on Dark Templar ???[/quote]

Come on, you know better, raasaa. CSN isn't here to 'kill' anyone.

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1297650702' post='2631960']
Yes, you can totally win this war. That's why you're surrendering.
[/quote]
I didn't know seeking white peace was surrendering.

First of all, I can't understand why people even respond to Penkala. It is painfully obvious that not even he believes what he says.

CSN is entitled to give whatever reps they see fit to the surrendering party. The surrendering party cannot dictate reps to the victor.

That being said, DT has made all the right moves thus far. To all those wondering the point of this thread, it is to expose CSN to the public, whether friend or foe, as well as to CSN themselves. To their enemies, it is quite clear that CSN's idea of "fair terms" has become a total joke. Always be aware of this knowledge and treat them accordingly. To their friends, know that CSN, from this point on, may be more than reluctant to enter a war on your behalf especially if you are on the losing end. They will be weary of entering a conflict on the grounds that their enemies will now be more than likely to hold them to their own "fair" terms. To members of CSN, you now know what your government (AKA GOD) believe to be fair terms, and you should be more than accepting of these terms if they are handed out to you. If you wouldn't be accepting of these terms, I suggest you get out before you find yourself biting your tongue later.

So there it is. If DT cannot outman CSN on the battlefield, they can at leaast expose them to the rest of planet bob in hopes that their allies and enemies understand CSN better, and treat them exactly how they deserve to be treated. Good luck DT.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1297655533' post='2632162']

Come on, you know better, raasaa. CSN isn't here to 'kill' anyone.
[/quote]

Right, because asking for approximately 20% of an alliances tech is designed to get an alliance out of a war and foster new relations and friendship leading into the future.

Let me get this straight, CSN declared on LoSS without a single treaty, yet LoSS declares on Legacy with an ODP and now you're putting up a 3-year old tantrum and becoming the first alliance this war to issue out reps (and not only reps, but an insane amount of reps with asinine stipulations). Hypocrisy knows no bounds this war, and that's saying a LOT.

Make them burn DT. You will win this one out.

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1297654198' post='2632113']
I assume by "full support", you mean "just moral support"...

I'm not antagonizing you, just curious.
[/quote]
Either you are grossly uninformed or you are trying to fish for information from me. Either way, that doesn't fly with me. I meant what I said and you can take it for what you will.

[quote]i don't care about surrendering to be honest. i just doubt we are going to be paying 40k tech to ya'll in any variant you can think of. [/quote]

You probably WON'T pay CSN 40k tech. That was their price to get out of a war so early. You bandwagoned onto a conflict to hit a CSN ally, and they aren't going to let you off light for that. I imagine you'll fight a bit longer, and be given much lower terms or white peace. If we're still in this same position in two weeks, I'll join you in decrying CSN's actions. If CSN hasn't reduced / eliminated reps within two weeks, you'll be right. But this war hasn't been going on long. And it will continue until DT's lost sufficient NS, or has agreed to pay reparations for its actions.