Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1297222710' post='2626536']
Polar's decision to mess with the Entente has nothing to do with us. We could declare war and jump right into the battle but it's not *our* battle. Our issues with the NpO will be solved at a later date.
[/quote]

Not being 'TOPs battle' sure as hell didn't stop them from jumping in on the last war. While I agree it's perfectly good reason not to attack Polar, I also think we all have to at least pretend to have some consistency.

More importantly to me, 30 pages of TOP bashing is a tad much, idinit? Going to war in defense of an ally doesn't seem like a trollable offense to me. But wudoo I know.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1297226298' post='2626591']
Get in line scumbag.
[/quote]

If I was one of those tech savy people, I would use a clip from Airplane here. You know the one where the woman starts to panic and it starts with a push to calm her down, then a slap, then the camera pans back to show a line having been formed with men with bats and other things ready to beat up on her. Maybe even go so far to put little flags on people or some other spiffy thing.

Sadly I am not tech savy, so all I can say is "the line will end with us", and hope it sounds macho and big just like tough guy AG sounds.

As for all the complaints of why oh why we didn't attack NpO right now, because that is what they would want is my answer. Wouldn't it be great for them if they got to get rolled once for two crimes they've commited? No, TOP don't play that game, when we come for NpO it'll be our little private dance. Forget this talk about no entry point, no treaty, no CB, that is why I'm against fighting NpO now.

Edited by Khyber

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1297227253' post='2626610']
Not being 'TOPs battle' sure as hell didn't stop them from jumping in on the last war. While I agree it's perfectly good reason not to attack Polar, I also think we all have to at least pretend to have some consistency.[/quote]
We felt that was our battle. This isn't.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1297227324' post='2626614']
If I was one of those tech savy people, I would use a clip from Airplane here. You know the one where the woman starts to panic and it starts with a push to calm her down, then a slap, then the camera pans back to show a line having been formed with men with bats and other things ready to beat up on her. Maybe even go so far to put little flags on people or some other spiffy thing.

Sadly I am not tech savy, so all I can say is "the line will end with us", and hope it sounds macho and big just like tough guy AG sounds.

As for all the complaints of why oh why we didn't attack NpO right now, because that is what they would want is my answer. Wouldn't it be great for them if they got to get rolled once for two crimes they've commited? No, TOP don't play that game, when we come for NpO it'll be our little private dance. Forget this talk about no entry point, no treaty, no CB, that is why I'm against fighting NpO now.
[/quote]

TOP was free to retaliate for the slight upon them as soon as you were free from terms. You chose not to why? It couldn't have been all the effort I put into placating you. You had that shiny treaty and everything but still you didn't call. Why is that? I would assert you are simply too gutless to move without someone else waving the flag for you.

All your tough talk is just that. You had months and months to ''hold your private dance'' You sicken me. Gutless to the core, weak as piss, same as last time.

Hopefully your scummy mates leave something for you to nuke when you eventually get the nerve.

Spinelss and paranoid is a bad combination.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297138614' post='2625148']
A New Challenger Has Appeared!
[/quote]

ding ding ding!
[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1297228586' post='2626647']
TOP was free to retaliate for the slight upon them as soon as you were free from terms. You chose not to why? It couldn't have been all the effort I put into placating you. You had that shiny treaty and everything but still you didn't call. Why is that? I would assert you are simply too gutless to move without someone else waving the flag for you.

All your tough talk is just that. You had months and months to ''hold your private dance'' You sicken me. Gutless to the core, weak as piss, same as last time.

Hopefully your scummy mates leave something for you to nuke when you eventually get the nerve.

[/quote]

Best Regards.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1297227142' post='2626605']
VE could have brought in mutual allies, allowing you to attack Polar and for you to get your revenge. If you truly thought that the war had nothing to do with you, you wouldn't be fighting in the coalition.[/quote]
That front has nothing to do with us. This one does.

[quote]What, are you just gonna wait until they give you a CB? You might be waiting awhile, unless you wanna go the VE route and make one up/set up a trap. Unless you attack merely citing the betrayal, in which case... why didn't you do so much earlier? Even before this war?[/quote]
We've recently just gotten out of reps and have been rebuilding ourselves back to what we deem is acceptable. There is no need for us to hastily start a new global war. We have patience.

[quote]What I am trying to do is to get TOP to get over their issues with Polar. (Issues that are really stupid, but that's another topic entirely) It ain't gonna work by getting them to sit down together, so I'm trying to get them to beat the crap out of each other so they can go their separate ways. Even that is apparently really hard?
[/quote]
Their debt to us will be repaid and it will be done at a time of our choosing.

[quote]TOP was free to retaliate for the slight upon them as soon as you were free from terms. You chose not to why? It couldn't have been all the effort I put into placating you. You had that shiny treaty and everything but still you didn't call. Why is that? I would assert you are simply too gutless to move without someone else waving the flag for you.

Spinelss and paranoid is a bad combination. [/quote]
Think whatever you want. I don't give a damn.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[/quote]
According to a reputable source on snakes, "Because snakes cannot bite or tear their food to pieces, they must swallow prey whole.". Therefore we need to be big enough snakes to swallow you whole, otherwise it isn't worth it.

You could have attacked us any time after the WotC terms ended and made a suicide rush at us, but you bided your time and waited for an opportunity. We can do the same, and in fact must, as the above facts about snakes show.

Edited by President Obama

[/quote]

I like it this way better. If you manage to survive this war, for the rest of your existence you will be constantly looking over your shoulder in fear of the inevitable.

[/quote]

Well you certainly didn't help them in that regard, after you stabbed them in the back and hacked out any spine they might have had.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1297209101' post='2626158']
Maybe because Polar doesn't have enough top tier for even the alliances are on them now, and it would be a waste?
[/quote]
The point is that TOP declared on a bunch of alliances that don't have much in the way of top tier. I mean, NADC... come on. lol.

The thing that all the alliances that were declared on have in common is that they declared on MK. Polar did not declare on MK.

For some reason, people are protesting, claiming that this is simply the best allocation of TOP's resources on the battlefield.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1297222710' post='2626536']
Polar's decision to mess with the Entente has nothing to do with us. We could declare war and jump right into the battle but it's not *our* battle. Our issues with the NpO will be solved at a later date.
[/quote]
Presumably about a year after Polar finishes their reps to VE, hm?

[quote name='Hydro' timestamp='1297237851' post='2626805']
Well you certainly didn't help them in that regard, after you stabbed them in the back and hacked out any spine they might have had.
[/quote]
I don't think Grub got rid of ajaxpenny for them.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1297238694' post='2626811']
I cast my vote for immediately after they finish reps.
[/quote]
In my opinion the best way to handle this anyways. Polar won't have forgotten how that whole reps thing works, so it will be efficiently handled.

On the other hand, it would be fun letting Polar worry for a bit when they will get burned down to the ground and restructured as tech farm before it happens, a nervous prey might make more mistakes :awesome:

Edited by shilo

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297240402' post='2626824']
I'm just figuring TOP will want to follow in on the Doomhouse precedent. :v:
[/quote]
Doomhouse was following TOPs precedent.

Edited by der_ko