Brief Message From Farkistan...

905tf

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1296948953' post='2621091']
I don't think you know what a false-flag operation is.
[/quote]
Nah, I do.
But you are correct, I thought of something else, simply used the wrong terminology.

As for the point of intent, consider it dropped.
Two mistakes in one thread, It's clearly not my day. :(

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='905tf' timestamp='1296883842' post='2619941']
Any nation who joins NATO after the posting date of this declaration will be considered a separate combatant and will be dealt with separately from any and all peace dealings with NATO.
[/quote]
Who is and is not a member of NATO is for them to decide, not you. NATO cant't tell you who is and is not a member of Fark and you can't tell them who is and is not a member of NATO. That's for your alliances' internal structures to decide.

And for the record, many of the people that jumped to NEW for the war were still affiliated for a while in Deja Vu and some are still affiliated with the alliance through the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97527]Nusantara Foreign Legion[/url]. Sure some of them came for the war but they stayed for the community and that was their choice.

Edit: Good hunting, NATO. You were unfortunate to draw the more competent of the aqua fail twins.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1296943680' post='2620998']
[color="#0000FF"]They may ask for the dreaded beer review. If they ask for that, then I'll get upset with them. Yes, I'm fine with them doing this so long as they don't PZI. Or ask for beer reviews. You've been warned Fark.

Do not force my cold, angry words. You will regret that. Or laugh. One or the other.[/color]
[/quote]

What about demanding tribute in bacon recipes?

Strictly hypothetically speaking, of course....

[quote name='Billy-Bob Kenobi' timestamp='1296950529' post='2621114']

[/quote]

Speaking for myself, beer/bacon/book/movie/album/TV series/pizza/milk/juice/poetry/etc. reviews/essays/works as a peace term should be used sparingly. However, if they spare one alliance having to dish up cash/tech for peace, then by all means, let see another review of "10 bands that had hits on the adult contemporary charts in the 1970s" please.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296928987' post='2620652']
Perhaps Fark ranks pleasing you and yours - "the world" - very low on their priority list, and defending an ally very high up. Is that really that novel of a concept?

Best of luck in your wars, Fark.
[/quote]
They have treaties on both sides. They chose to honor this one.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1296938873' post='2620911']
No, sparta has been handling ourselves quite well considering we dove onto a hand grenade. I've been proud of my boy's as of late tbh. In response to your last statement, maybe your coalition should have done a better job keeping us [i]out[/i] of PM. No need to worry though. In two days, I'll be out of peace mode with restocked nukes ready to ruin a a few people's dreams of hitting peace mode. :) u mad?

o/ FARK welcome to the fray!
o/ to a quick and decisive victory!
[/quote]

i was disappointed after our war that you were allowed to go into peace mode, but, whatcha gonna do :( good luck out there.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1296954117' post='2621159']
Speaking for myself, beer/bacon/book/movie/album/TV series/pizza/milk/juice/poetry/etc. reviews/essays/works as a peace term should be used sparingly. However, if they spare one alliance having to dish up cash/tech for peace, then by all means, let see another review of "10 bands that had hits on the adult contemporary charts in the 1970s" please.
[/quote]

Id rather see reviews on awesome but obscure bands.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1296954203' post='2621162']
They have treaties on both sides. They chose to honor this one.
[/quote]

No one on that side is being hit who they're allied to. The vast majority of their allies are on this side, so it makes plenty sense. Sorry people aren't willing to forget the majority of their treaty partners to help you.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1296948768' post='2621087']
It was a damn good beating. I don't know what you're trying re-write here. Why else would they decided to renege on their previous agreement to not call in allies?

Also, none of us cared about any sort of mercy either. We were the ones who wanted to defend despite any sort of disastrous results.

@Haf - I understood what you meant if it matters :P
[/quote]

So good of a beating that you surrendered to Fark.

Cool story, bro.

And yeah. I know you didn't care. You're not intelligent enough to worry about the long-term consequences of your actions. Which is precisely why you don't deserve the connections and treaties you currently hold. But that's another topic altogether!

[quote]Who is and is not a member of NATO is for them to decide, not you. NATO cant't tell you who is and is not a member of Fark and you can't tell them who is and is not a member of NATO. That's for your alliances' internal structures to decide. [/quote]

Clearly they [i]can[/i] decide that. Because they literally just did.

[quote]They have treaties on both sides. They chose to honor this one. [/quote]

Let's be serious. Most of Fark's allies were on this side.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Kenneth_Cole' timestamp='1296961596' post='2621243']
Welcome to the fray, Fark. Can one of you give me your opinion on Mississippi Mud Black & Tan vs. Yuengling Black and Tan? I'm debating what to pick up tonight.
[/quote]

I'm going to go with none of the above. As tempting as it is to buy a ready made Black & Tan, I urge you to resist that path. Buy your own Guinness and Harp and make your own Black & Tan. Stick with the original and you cannot go wrong.

[quote name='Shinfat' timestamp='1296964760' post='2621270']
I'm going to go with none of the above. As tempting as it is to buy a ready made Black & Tan, I urge you to resist that path. Buy your own Guinness and Harp and make your own Black & Tan. Stick with the original and you cannot go wrong.
[/quote]
Many thanks. I'll raise a glass to each of your successful nukes. :)

Edited by Kenneth_Cole

[quote name='Shinfat' timestamp='1296964760' post='2621270']
[/quote]

This man speaks more of the truth than you can imagine. If you must buy a premade black and tan, stay away from yuengling.

[quote name='Billy-Bob Kenobi' timestamp='1296950529' post='2621114']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Hypothetically? Oh, please. Cut the !@#$. You know full well that you intend to demand bacon recipe tributes after this war. You know it. I know. There's no point in denying it, and I'm not going to stand it. I mean, man, that just ain't koscher.[/color]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1296942161' post='2620968']
I'm sure he will, but your dismissive attitude isn't working. <_<

[i]OOC: He can make such comparisons IC if that's how his character sees it...throwing in the "it's just a game" card is lame. Can we get back to the play now? :rolleyes: [/i]
[/quote]

What is this OOC you speak of?

Anyhoo, I thought I'd offer a simple prayer to set your mind at ease:

[i]All hail the game,
hallowed be its name.
To CN our kingdom come,
Captain V's will to be done.
Forgive mods their sins,
as they will allow us our whims,
and subject us not to the trials of other sims.[/i]

[spoiler]OOC: The preceding is an IC reply. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2667"]Source[/url]. (See "About Me" tab, written over a year ago.) Respect mah religion![/spoiler]

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1296949705' post='2621103']
Good hunting, NATO. You were unfortunate to draw the more competent of the aqua fail twins.
[/quote]

Silly DK, Aqua doesn't fail! We got rid of all the fail when the remainder moved to blue.

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1296947738' post='2621063']
Yeah, and now explain the paranoia bit please.
[/quote]
Fark is claiming that people joined NEW because of a burning desire to see Fark destroyed.

It's just paranoid. They joined NEW because they like NEW and wanted to help defend them. The people who came to NEW mostly had no prior dealings with Fark, and couldn't care less about them one way or the other.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1296948768' post='2621087']
@Haf - I understood what you meant if it matters :P
[/quote]
Yeah I thought you would. We haven't agreed about much but you've always been one of the brighter ones here.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296958410' post='2621214']
No one on that side is being hit who they're allied to.
[/quote]
Fark is allied to Ragnarok. They are being hit. Fark is not defending them.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296993698' post='2621992']
Fark is claiming that people joined NEW because of a burning desire to see Fark destroyed.

It's just paranoid. They joined NEW because they like NEW and wanted to help defend them. The people who came to NEW mostly had no prior dealings with Fark, and couldn't care less about them one way or the other.
[/quote]

To the first point; I don't think so. The second point is the point, however, to all of the derogation of this new stance. People did switch to the NEW AA for the explicit purpose of joining in combat - NOT for joining the NEW alliance. To those that don't understand the difference, and decry the conditions of OP/declaration believing they are ridiculous, there is no real point in trying to argue with you - you are entitled to your opinions, even though I would argue they are illogical and without merit.

It is patently obvious that people whose aid slots are filled with aid incoming and outgoing under the banner of their real AA, whose nation description still lists their real AA's badges and membership information, whose flag and team colors still match their real AA, and who leave their bandwagoned alliance to rejoin their real AA as soon as the war ended cannot in any possible construction of the term be seen as "membership" for the AA into which they were ghosting. It is no different than if they were to drop their AA to nuke someone on a whim, and then expect to go back home and escape reprisal. The justification and reasoning behind why it was done does not eliminate the reality of what it is, and what consequences should follow.

The reality of the situation is that it does happen all the time, on both sides of virtually any conflict. The difference that prompted such a clause in this declaration (in my opinion - I am not gov) was in the scale of it. Normal conflicts may see a handful of ghosts - at best a few hundred thousand NS - whereas NEW had more than three dozen ghosts for [u]more than[/u] 2 million NS. That is an entire extra alliance. By the arguments of some in here, this is entirely acceptable, and so the logical conclusion would be that an entire alliance could change AA to join another in a war, thereby entirely cirumventing treaties. And if that is to be the case, what would be the point of even having any treaties at all, let alone alliances to decide when and when not to enter into conflicts?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1296959545' post='2621220']
So good of a beating that you surrendered to Fark.

Cool story, bro.

And yeah. I know you didn't care. You're not intelligent enough to worry about the long-term consequences of your actions. Which is precisely why you don't deserve the connections and treaties you currently hold. But that's another topic altogether!
[/quote]
Were we supposed to fight a perpetual war? Why the dig at surrendering? We were willing if need be, but it clearly wasn't a desirable end. It never is in any sort of situation.

Long term consequences should never be looked at when an ally is burning in the short term. Sorry, if you and countless others have lost this perspective in order to sustain some united sham of a front.