MHA builds a bypass

Cable77

[quote name='Shoofly' timestamp='1296283787' post='2609084']
Was that an insult to me?

We shall all now filet you with GOON technology.
[/quote]

So what you're trying to say issssss that you all love me? :awesome:

[img]http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4403977/Challenge-accepted.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Challenge-Accepted-HD-1[/img]

Also, do you really want the wrath of a girl? [b]Choose wisely[/b].

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='anchorbaby' timestamp='1296283547' post='2609073']
I think we can all agree that in terms of "pathetic" alliances, there are a few more that beat us to that #1 spot.
[/quote]

Just a heads up here. You may want to word that differently next time.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296284004' post='2609095']
If you're under the impression MHA would attempt, plot, or go to war for the sake of being a "world leader", then you don't know MHA. And if you don't know MHA, then you're not really qualified to judge us.
[/quote]

No, he was saying that you have always been allied to people in power. He was also saying you have or never will be a 'World Leader.'

Examples of this would be us saying "We need to stand up to Doomhouse and PB" while laughing when MHA is going to defend Sparta. Oh wait, lol. :lol1:

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296283681' post='2609079']
Says....who? MHA have been a world leader both in terms of strength and influence for more years than most people have even been in on planet BoB. What have you accomplished?
[/quote]
Strength maybe.

Influence? Really? [i]REALLY?[/i]

[quote name='Jace Couture' timestamp='1296283913' post='2609093']
Woulda been nice if you'd had NATO's back in Karma MHA, but that would've meant you'd lose infra.

And to think, I was once one of your biggest supporters in NATO. I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but somehow you manage to find new lows to sink to in your quest to be lapdogs.

Have fun, here's to the times we shared together. May we never repeat the mistake of trusting you again.
[/quote]

Yeah, we tried to unhook NATO from the inner-sanctum of Pacifica's teat but you [i]would not come[/i]. It would have been nice if you listened to [i]us[/i] instead of NPO, but you made your choice. You had your secret meetings with the rest of Q and all of the other childish nonsense that turned everyone who left away from you. And when we were leaving, when we warned you not to join the war TPF and NPO were rushing into, you simply resigned yourself to your fate.

It would have been nice if you showed humility afterwards, come to MHA and admit they hey, you should have listened to us. It would have been nice if you made some real attempts to rectify our relations, if you had made some kind of effort to join in with Aqua instead of running away to Blue to die of stagnation and irrelevancy.

One of the fun times I remember is when NATO and MHA competed to be the biggest on Aqua, you were ahead of us at one point.

Look at you now.

Coming into our declaration to lament the fact that your alliance made the wrong choice, listened to the wrong people, and somehow blame it on us.

Cheers to the MHA-NATO of the past. For it truly has passed.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1296284163' post='2609103']
Just a heads up here. You may want to word that differently next time.
[/quote]

No, I think I worded it correctly. Just a heads up, if you read my post I didn't name any alliances. I think you should warn James Wilson, after all he immediately threw our name out as number 1 pathetic alliance, which I do not agree with and neither do the rest of MHA's members. If I insulted you in some way, then I would say I am sorry [b]but[/b] I don't think I need to apologize though because as I said, I didn't throw any names out.

Edited by anchorbaby

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296284634' post='2609115']
Yeah, we tried to unhook NATO from the inner-sanctum of Pacifica's teat but you [i]would not come[/i]. It would have been nice if you listened to [i]us[/i] instead of NPO, but you made your choice. You had your secret meetings with the rest of Q and all of the other childish nonsense that turned everyone who left away from you. And when we were leaving, when we warned you not to join the war TPF and NPO were rushing into, you simply resigned yourself to your fate.

It would have been nice if you showed humility afterwards, come to MHA and admit they hey, you should have listened to us. It would have been nice if you made some real attempts to rectify our relations, if you had made some kind of effort to join in with Aqua instead of running away to Blue to die of stagnation and irrelevancy.

One of the fun times I remember is when NATO and MHA competed to be the biggest on Aqua, you were ahead of us at one point.

Look at you now.

Coming into our declaration to lament the fact that your alliance made the wrong choice, listened to the wrong people, and somehow blame it on us.

[/quote]

So, abandon allies to win?

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296284937' post='2609124']
If that's what you got from my post, then there truly is no point in trying to argue with you.
[/quote]

What I get out your post is that you gave NATO an ultimatum, to choose between you and NPO & co, and that you're angry that we didn't choose you.

[quote name='anchorbaby' timestamp='1296284137' post='2609102']
So what you're trying to say issssss that you all love me? :awesome:

[img]http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4403977/Challenge-accepted.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Challenge-Accepted-HD-1[/img]

Also, do you really want the wrath of a girl? [b]Choose wisely[/b].
[/quote]

While the mere sight of your hulking stick-figure and sexist threats have caused lesser men to go running, nay screaming blind with fear; I shall instead proceed to methodically re-load my weaponry with new upgraded GOON technology and await the day our two mighty armies might "pay their respects" in person.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296283437' post='2609064']
Hello Duncan, it's been a while. None of what you commented on really does come into play here. I mean, we're not ignoring any treaty right now, are we? No, we're honoring one.

And no, I'm not going to sit here and praise HOLY ADMIN that we are on a righteous mission, that this move is the most honorable move ever, that our participation in this war is something I'm going to blindly defend like GATO blindly posts. But at the end of the day, an ally asked for our help and we gave it. That's why we're here, no other reason, and I think surely anyone with a treaty can appreciate [i]at least[/i] the fact that when MHA was called to defend, the MHA defended.
[/quote]

Duncan never said you were ignoring a treaty. Duncan was commenting on the fact that you would go into to defend an ally [i]who attacked aggressively and with no treaty link[/i], considering your history of ignoring treaties for allies who are just defending.

Had MHA felt this way before Karma they could have cancelled the treaty instead of hanging NATO out to dry by surprise.

And we did attempt relations after Karma but the reasons for that failure I can only guess.

Edited by AtheistRepublican

[quote name='cardkid123' timestamp='1296278654' post='2608731']
MHA had treaties with a few other at war and they chose to attack the smallest alliances. Typical MHA. But like they say, big things come in small packages, I hope you enjoyed being sanctioned.
[/quote]

Or i think we can say we are spreading the fair share of war? I dont think it would be fair if NpO or NPO had to deal with us, they have enough trouble, or should i say wars on them. You guys did a strike and we are returning a favor is all. Its being fair my friend.

o/MHA
o/Sparta

-FearUnited-
1st Fleet Commander
Ministry of Destructor Fleets
Mostly Harmless Alliance

So while you condemn Doomhouse for attacking without a valid CB, are you asking us to declare on Doomhouse or other alliances without any treaties connecting us?

Hmmm.... sounds hypocritical to me... either way, I don't see how we can ever satisfy everyone. We might as well just fight for our allies and let the world burn alongside us.

[quote name='Chocolate Cookies' timestamp='1296285087' post='2609130']
What I get out your post is that you gave NATO an ultimatum, to choose between you and NPO & co, and that you're angry that we didn't choose you.
[/quote]

Watch out, MHA's strength and influence is going to get you rolled in the 'New Hegemony.' :smug:

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296283437' post='2609064']
Hello Duncan, it's been a while. None of what you commented on really does come into play here. I mean, we're not ignoring any treaty right now, are we? No, we're honoring one.
[/quote]
It's been so long since you guys actually did this, it's out of character for you. Thus my bringing it up.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296284634' post='2609115']

Look at you now.

[/quote]

We stood by our allies in Karma. You did not. You ran away to save your own hides. Yes, we could have chosen to flee NPO and save our skins, but we decided that we would honor our commitments to our allies, in spite of the hardship it would bring us.

We stood for something, the majority of Bob may not agree with what we stood for, but dammit we stood by the [u]friends[/u] that we had made and could trust. That is what we resigned ourselves to, the bonds we had made to our allies.

We became the pariah of Aqua for this stance. Because we didn't agree with MK and Athens, we were snubbed. When we tried to restart relations with you, we received notice of cancellation of our treaty. We moved to Blue because we had friends there, people who were willing to fight and die alongside us for the sake of the common bond we had forged. Something you had not shown towards us, nor had most on Aqua for fear of upsetting MK or Athens.

I don't blame you for the position NATO is in right now. Far from it. We chose to stand by our allies and fight for what we believed was right. Along the way, you drifted into the infra-hugging suck-ups you've become.

You've become bloated. So what if you're the biggest alliance around? What do you stand for? Please, explain exactly what it is that makes you worthy of any respect. I know why I respect NATO's allies, why should I respect you at all?

Edited by Jace Couture

[quote name='Chocolate Cookies' timestamp='1296285087' post='2609130']
[/quote]

LOL no such ultimatum ever occurred. Like I said to GATO, I know you want to tread party lines and will try to say literally [i]anything[/i] to make some kind of e-victory, but let's keep discourse intelligent, shall we? What my post demonstrated was an on-going attempt to stop NATO from being in opposition to the MHA. A goal that was hampered by NATO's own choices to help push us out of Q, to continually follow NPO when ourselves and others were moving away, to blindly follow the war NPO and TPF were pushing for, to not attempt to rectify our relations in the two years since, and by moving away from Aqua (yes, this is a minor point to some, but we used to [i]share[/i] this !@#$@#$ sphere mate, you moving away was a nail in this friendship's coffin). You cannot say that MHA simply abandoned NATO, I will compromise by saying that at the very least we gave up on [i]each other[/i] so your alliance-mate's post trying to make this all MHA's fault is as incorrect as it is insulting.

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296285287' post='2609135']
Duncan never said you were ignoring a treaty. Duncan was commenting on the fact that you would go into to defend an ally [i]who attacked aggressively and with no treaty link[/i], considering your history of ignoring treaties for allies who are just defending.

Had MHA felt this way before Karma they could have cancelled the treaty instead of hanging NATO out to dry by surprise.

And we did attempt relations after Karma but the reasons for that failure I can only guess.
[/quote]
Could it be repaired? All i saw on the OWF was guys like Wentworth while he was still in NATO leadership spewing insults at us.
I've been around since 2008 and I've rarely seen any NATO guys posting on our forums. I don't know about your forums, it might be the same situation over there.

From a political point of view, the set of allies you choose tend to differ from ours. In the event of war, either of us would always be in trouble over allies attacking allies.
In such a situation, do you actually see relations being able to be maintained at a decent level?

[quote name='AtheistRepublican' timestamp='1296285287' post='2609135']

[/quote]

Then you are mistaken. The allies we "ignored" went into wars aggressively, thus at the very best you can argue that this is the exact situation, just with MHA actually defending those allies this time. Hence, his post was false.

I felt the same way before this war as I have done since Karma. It's a shame. But I didn't hate or actively argue against a NATO member until they came into our thread to attack us.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296285444' post='2609144']
LOL no such ultimatum ever occurred. Like I said to GATO, I know you want to tread party lines and will try to say literally [i]anything[/i] to make some kind of e-victory, but let's keep [i][b]discourse intelligent[/b][/i], shall we? What my post demonstrated was an on-going attempt to stop NATO from being in opposition to the MHA. A goal that was hampered by NATO's own choices to help push us out of Q, to continually follow NPO when ourselves and others were moving away, to blindly follow the war NPO and TPF were pushing for, to not attempt to rectify our relations in the two years since, and by moving away from Aqua (yes, this is a minor point to some, but we used to [i]share[/i] this !@#$@#$ sphere mate, you moving away was a nail in this friendship's coffin). You cannot say that MHA simply abandoned NATO, I will compromise by saying that at the very least we gave up on [i]each other[/i] so your alliance-mate's post trying to make this all MHA's fault is as incorrect as it is insulting.
[/quote]

I think we all share a mutual feeling with the exception that one side or person for that matter, thinks your posts are intelligent.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6