MHA builds a bypass

Cable77

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296298777' post='2609356']
Oh noes! The Very Harmless Alliance striking back.

So please tell me if I got that straight: Sparta with it's size and "strength" declared on an alliance 10 times smaller and then they get hit by 3 alliances that are still not even half of Spartas size, yet they need support of CN's #1 alliance (that is #1 for a reason, and hint: It's not because of their amazing organization) and even that #1 alliance fails to do its job.

Disgusting.
[/quote]
NV isn't a 10th of our size? And actually we got hit by 6 alliances. I don't think you are following the war very closely.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296301737' post='2609399']
No, I already made that point for you. See, we can help each other through this.

You are right, I mispoke. I can admit when I have made a fault. I was talking about the alliances we declared upon. It does not change the fact that you are clearly on the opposing side and the future of success for that side looks grim. My point being - why spend all this time being angry and spiteful when you could have fun and gain respect for yourselves?

It's hard to refute an ad hominem attack, simply saying "your alliance sucks" is not fact, and yes you can attempt to "prove" it with isolated and specifically picked details but you cannot prove it absolutely. Nor will I be able to refute it entirely because you have a bias against what I am saying.

See, I wouldn't put the smug smiley on if I were you, it's entirely premature. We attacked because Sparta required our help, they did not initially require our help and thus did not ask for it. They did not ask for it three days ago, thus there was nothing to prepare for. They asked for it today, so we prepared and declared today.

And lastly, you appear to have a habit of trying to tell people they suck. I don't know if this is ever going to work out for you, do you have another hobby you could try?

[OOC]
Small matter of point, it's Summer here. So you're wrong. Again.
[OOC]
[/quote]

I'm on the other side of this enormous screaming mess of a war but I like that post. Completely wasted though. "No you" is more appropriate round here.

Good luck in the war. I'm sure you won't mind that I hope you lose.

[quote name='pigsticker' timestamp='1296285310' post='2609139']
So while you condemn Doomhouse for attacking without a valid CB, are you asking us to declare on Doomhouse or other alliances without any treaties connecting us?

Hmmm.... sounds hypocritical to me... either way, I don't see how we can ever satisfy everyone. We might as well just fight for our allies and let the world burn alongside us.
[/quote]

and why is that a bad thing? everyone loses then :)

[quote name='circlewood' timestamp='1296308769' post='2609449']
Welcome to the fight MHA... you do realise that you are helping the baddies and not the goodies in this affair? :P
[/quote]

thats relative...how goood and how baaaad.

MHAIL...

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1296304157' post='2609421']
I'm on the other side of this enormous screaming mess of a war but I like that post. Completely wasted though. "No you" is more appropriate round here.

Good luck in the war. I'm sure you won't mind that I hope you lose.
[/quote]

:awesome: Good luck to you too.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296307462' post='2609442']
I'm not a big fan of MHA, but now their MDP partner got attacked and they responded, that's all.

If you hate MHA and you think that they are weak and inactive why don't you attack them? They have so many empty war slots.
[/quote]

I like the cut of your jib.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1296285882' post='2609165']
literally too retarded to see more than 2 options.
[/quote]
since everyone is generally categorising the war into the New-hegemony and the other side (is there a term for them yet?), there's really 2 sides we could choose right?
That's besides staying neutral which would also lead to brickbats everywhere.

yup. I would really like to hear your views on what other options we could have that could really satisfy the whole spectrum of Bob.
Looking forward to hear your views.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296301737' post='2609399']
No, I already made that point for you. See, we can help each other through this.

You are right, I mispoke. I can admit when I have made a fault. I was talking about the alliances we declared upon. It does not change the fact that you are clearly on the opposing side and the future of success for that side looks grim. My point being - why spend all this time being angry and spiteful when you could have fun and gain respect for yourselves?

It's hard to refute an ad hominem attack, simply saying "your alliance sucks" is not fact, and yes you can attempt to "prove" it with isolated and specifically picked details but you cannot prove it absolutely. Nor will I be able to refute it entirely because you have a bias against what I am saying.

See, I wouldn't put the smug smiley on if I were you, it's entirely premature. We attacked because Sparta required our help, they did not initially require our help and thus did not ask for it. They did not ask for it three days ago, thus there was nothing to prepare for. They asked for it today, so we prepared and declared today.

And lastly, you appear to have a habit of trying to tell people they suck. I don't know if this is ever going to work out for you, do you have another hobby you could try?

[OOC]
Small matter of point, it's Summer here. So you're wrong. Again.
[OOC]
[/quote]

I am not angry. I am annoyed. And I haven't just said that your alliance sucks. Saying your alliance sucks, isn't a fact, I agree. But I said your alliance sucks [u]because...[/u] and then proved my claim.
So let's do this again. Your alliance, that ironically is called mostly harmless alliance isn't worth a dime, because you have a history canceling eternal treaties, of lacking coordination in wars, of being unprepared, of being inactive and lastly of being a meatshield.

Now I could proof all my points with showing you statistics about war declarations, screenshots of MHA Members attempting to spy non-existing Cruise-Missiles of nations with 25 nukes; I could link you to the threads in which you e-lawyered your way out of all your major treaties, but that would be a complete waste of time. Because everyone, even your allies know and admit that it is true.

[OOC]Yeah, but it's winter on the northern hemisphere. And I assume, considering this game is developed by an American, it is played by people on the northern hemisphere. (USA, Canada, Europe. I think Australia would be the exception of the rule. [/OOC]
I wasn't able to find another reason for the lack of your effort.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296317605' post='2609543']
I am not angry. I am annoyed. And I haven't just said that your alliance sucks. Saying your alliance sucks, isn't a fact, I agree. But I said your alliance sucks [u]because...[/u] and then proved my claim.
So let's do this again. Your alliance, that ironically is called mostly harmless alliance isn't worth a dime, because you have a history canceling eternal treaties, of lacking coordination in wars, of being unprepared, of being inactive and lastly of being a meatshield.

Now I could proof all my points with showing you statistics about war declarations, screenshots of MHA Members attempting to spy non-existing Cruise-Missiles of nations with 25 nukes; I could link you to the threads in which you e-lawyered your way out of all your major treaties, but that would be a complete waste of time. Because everyone, even your allies know and admit that it is true.

[OOC]Yeah, but it's winter on the northern hemisphere. And I assume, considering this game is developed by an American, it is played by people on the northern hemisphere. (USA, Canada, Europe. I think Australia would be the exception of the rule. [/OOC]
[/quote]

well, we dont claim we are perfect. we are a bunch of all types....mind it B-)

[/quote]

So your proof consists of cherry picked war reports, declaration threads which are undoubtedly colored by your perspective and meaningless statistics that I'm sure you have spent the better part of a few minutes analyzing for yourself?

I get the point; this is a war and you should do whatever you can to lower your opponents' morale. Still, the amount of pernicious insults and bitterness in your posts is surprising even considering the circumstances. I'll never understand the sentiment of those whose only purpose on the OWRP is to string together as much acrimony as possible. You have an unenviable job, sir.

[/quote]
I think many of us have already adnitted that signing treaties with an eternal clause was a mistake on our part.
However, at the point of signing, it made a lot of sense then. Did you anticipate that Gre would change so much? Did anyone else? I really don't think so.
Ask Hellangel, Steelrat or Bob Janova, did they ever thought that the Gre of then would become the Gre of today?
On hindsight, everyone can see where went wrong, but during the signing of the treaties, it made perfect sense.

You also think we suck because we lack coordination in wars, of being unprepared, of being inactive and being a meatshield.
I would like to ask if your opinion of managing a 600 member alliance? Do you think that everyone would be active?
How many players are those that logs in every 15-20 days just to collect and keep their nation going. Every alliance has their fair share and because we are much larger, we have a larger quantity.

By not being an elite alliance, we cater to a much more wider spectrum of players than say, Umbrella or TOP. Players that one day would grow to be military monsters or continue to be noobs.
It's precisely this that we don't perform consistently in wars. And it's because of alliances like ours that players are allowed to grow and find out for themselves what they want.
Do they want to develop their nation peacefully (GPA) or involve themselves in wars once in a while (MHA) or join militaristic alliances that allow tech-raiding (Goons).
Sure, we could model ourselves after top-heavy alliances like TOP and Umbrella, but that's not the nature of our alliance and I'm proud to have an alliance that can cater to everyone.

I'm sorry you are annoyed because we don't perform militarily.
But if my alliance sucks because we try to cater to everyone's style of play, then I gladly prefer my alliance to suck than to have an alliance that cares nothing more than ensuring that their nations are in tip-top form for war.
Or bullying and extorting nations just because they don't belong to an alliance or belonging to a recognised alliance.

[quote name='Link Gaetz' timestamp='1296310185' post='2609465']
Disappointing MHA, but such is Planet Bob these days.
[/quote]

Ah. No doubt you expected them to fight on the side that they have absolutely no direct treaty connection to. How sad for you!

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1296321959' post='2609602']
Ah. No doubt you expected them to fight on the side that they have absolutely no direct treaty connection to. How sad for you!
[/quote]
No, but supporting Sparta's obvious aggression is. Not to mention they've said elsewhere that VE's CB was rubbish.

[/quote]
I apologize that we are #1. If you ever want to have a powerful alliance, I recommend you stop being jealous and actually try for it. Just Saying

From one nation to another,

The King