MHA builds a bypass

Cable77

BAHAHA I love it when they serve themselves up on a platter like this.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1296291229' post='2609271']
Yes, because I specifically said, "I am Planet Bob." lrn2read pls.
[/quote]

Since you specifically said that I had to prove you and Planet Bob wrong. That's why I made that comment. I mean really, it was in the post I quoted, did you really not see it?

I am sorry, I guess I have to be point out blank correct, direct, and straight forward with you from now one because you can not grasp the concept of what the 'General Public' or Planet Bob in this case, thinks of you. When did I mention your competentcy in fighting? I said [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608923"]politics.[/url] Oh, maybe you have some ability after all to be able to understand what being some what indirect, and a general feeling given off when reading something. But again, with statistics, you must be fighting competent with your 'impressive' [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Mostly_Harmless_Alliance"]military history.[/url] And to see where you are fighting for your unneeded aggression, I do see what you are fighting and it's a big :lol1:
[/quote]

Again, you attempt to speak for Planet Bob when you mean yourself and your side of the war. At best the response to this DoW has been 50-50 so please stop embarrassing yourself and FFS stop going back on what you just said. It's bad enough that I am stooping to replying to you again, stop making me repeat myself.

I don't think you understand what politically competent means either. Clearly we are politically competent because of the position (not just stats, political position) we are in. As I have said earlier, we are not aiming to be Top Dog of Planet Bob, but we didn't get our ass handed to us for the past 4 years, nor were we ever subservient to an outside alliance in the form of a Viceroy. Nor are we in such a weak position that we find ourselves yet again at war and on the losing side like GATO is now. You and your allies have been cornered and out-numbered, again, please indicate to me how you can judge our political competency?

I'm not going to link it for you, but please read your own history. You are the definition of political incompetence and failure by which all others are measured. That's not a "No U", that's a statement of fact.

I do see where all of your treaties lie. That happen to be on the winning side again. Surprise, surprise!! Bet it wasn't mere coincidence that you happened to land there! We (as in GATO, seeing I have to be direct) happen to be fighting a war on the opposite side of our allies. But this is fine, your apart of the 'New Hegemony' and you like it. People bring up Karma and TOP because its more evidence you always sway to the winning side.
[/quote]

Man, you are dense. All our treaties PRE-DATE this war. If we had signed them all after the first declarations of war, then you would have a point. And, because I need to spell this out for you, that demonstrates political competency.

We cannot sway to another side if we have no allies on the other side, do you understand that? Really, I want to know that you understand that concept. If we said 1 year ago that we didn't want to ally with, say, NpO, because we know our allies dislike them, then that demonstrates making a commitment to our allies, clearly choosing a path LONG before war ever occurred, and by no means demonstrates a coincidence.

Honestly, how can you not see that?

So you admit to joining a side that was already going to win? But your statement is self contradicting! So I fail to see the semblance of intelligence you speak of. Another funny thing is Sparta asking you join was likely because you wanted to and because Sparta is [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97565&st=0"]Sparta,[/url] they also join the winning side. So anyone with a semblance of intelligence would realize that this statement above is completely and utterly for the sole reason of winning, AGAIN.
[/quote]

Again, you are confused. I did not say we joined this side BECAUSE it was winning, I merely pointed out this side was going to win whether we joined or not, it's been clear to everyone (Except you, it appears) which side had the strength and the numbers. We have been called in to make that victory certain by helping our allies in Sparta defeat those who attacked them.

You are again wrong that Sparta joined the winning side. If you've seen any of the other criticism here, you will note that Sparta started an aggressive war against NV. They didn't join a winning side, they created it.

Being Neutral was far better then the way you entered this war and multiple others. The cowardly thing to do was to jump smaller enemies because your ally asked you to because they wanted to be on the winning side along with yourselves. It was another 'win win' situation for the both of you. The sad thing as well is I wouldn't be surprised if you actually do fall flat on your faces anyways.
[/quote]

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that even if this was true, surely that would show more skill at politics than you have managed in GATO? Right? I mean, forget everything else, lay down this faux Moralism for one second and say - between MHA and GATO, which one of us has managed to out-maneuver the other? It will NOT be GATO, considering the position you are in now.

Now putting the Moralism back up again, we could have joined Umbrella in hitting NPO (technically), or hit Nueva Vida. Instead, we only hit those who declared on Sparta. It's not our fault they are small. It is not our fault they were treatied to Neuva Vida. We didn't sign their treaties, we didn't make them be the size that they are.

And there you [i]are[/i] now talking about military competence, way to contradict yourself. And again, that's not something you can merely [i]say[/i] and make true.

Too bad, I'm replying anyways :D

Also, here all people's general opinion on the MHA alliance. As seen from this thread alone.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608576

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608566

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608581

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608585

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608589

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608598

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608599 ===> 2nd Post

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608616

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608619

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97908&view=findpost&p=2608639
[/quote]

Congratulations, you've successfully pin-pointed a difference of opinion. This does not make it fact.

You go and survey the ENTIRE Planet Bob and then tell me you have a true representation of their opinion of us. Not just a few cherry-picked posts, but EVERYONE in Planet Bob. Otherwise, stop wasting your own time trying to prove an idiotic point.

Rinse yourself off now, I'm done wiping the floor with you.

Edited by Rugby

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296294025' post='2609308']
You got an survey the ENTIRE Planet Bob and then tell me you have a true survey of their opinion of us. Not just a few cherry-picked posts, but EVERYONE in Planet Bob. Otherwise, stop wasting your own time trying to prove an idiotic point.
[/quote]
Please, don't even suggest that, he just may do it; either another terrible poll in the long history of terrible polls, or by literally mailing every nation in the world asking for their opinion. Just...spare us the agony. :v:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296294149' post='2609310']
Please, don't even suggest that, he just may do it; either another terrible poll in the long history of terrible polls, or by literally mailing every nation in the world asking for their opinion. Just...spare us the agony. :v:
[/quote]

Oh come on, wouldn't it be worth it so that we can finally answer this all-important question?

[OOC SARCASM]
I know that my involvement in this war depends solely on whether someone can prove me wrong on the internet.
[/OOC SARCASM]

[quote name='Karolina' timestamp='1296294550' post='2609315']
Not sure what took you guys so long but no matter, you finally made it. Let's have a good fight.
[/quote]

Glad to see this mate, this is the spirit. Feel free to hop onto our IRC (#mha) for a chat and a Gargle Blaster.

Oh and if you're any good at poetry, we like that too.

[quote name='Karolina' timestamp='1296294550' post='2609315']
Not sure what took you guys so long but no matter, you finally made it. Let's have a good fight.
[/quote]

Im very glad to see this. A good fight we will have indeed.

[quote name='Remaliat' timestamp='1296296813' post='2609337']
Heh... MHA actually honoring a treaty during war :? Interesting.
[/quote]
I was wondering when you would pipe up. Are you suggesting that MHA have never honoured a treaty before?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296275989' post='2608581']
We've been monitoring them for the last 3 days and getting ready is not something they did :smug:
[/quote]
Oh noes! The Very Harmless Alliance striking back.

So please tell me if I got that straight: Sparta with it's size and "strength" declared on an alliance 10 times smaller and then they get hit by 3 alliances that are still not even half of Spartas size, yet they need support of CN's #1 alliance (that is #1 for a reason, and hint: It's not because of their amazing organization) and even that #1 alliance fails to do its job.

Disgusting.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296298777' post='2609356']
Oh noes! The Very Harmless Alliance striking back.

So please tell me if I got that straight: Sparta with it's size and "strength" declared on an alliance 10 times smaller and then they get hit by 3 alliances that are still not even half of Spartas size, yet they need support of CN's #1 alliance (that is #1 for a reason, and hint: It's not because of their amazing organization) and even that #1 alliance fails to do its job.

Disgusting.
[/quote]

Silly, it's [i]Mostly[/i] Harmless. You'll find your error in that mistake there.

Also, we've been preparing, perhaps not in ways that made it obvious to you but we have been. And you can take this as fact simply because I said it and because I see from your post above you blindly accept whatever other people say as fact.

It's only been a few hours, a little early to say we're failing to our job, isn't it? Or are you just making an uninformed opinion and passing it off as fact yourself?

Delightful.

[quote name='Shoofly' timestamp='1296283465' post='2609068']
Go We Are Perth Army. I always loved you guys. Ever since you were just starting out and waged war against an alliance like 100 times larger than you on a matter of principle.
[/quote]

Thanks for that....we aint changed. Woot...woot!!! Unlike many alliances we are still around because of our principles.

Welcome to the fray MHA......it was predicted :D

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296299401' post='2609366']
Silly, it's [i]Mostly[/i] Harmless. You'll find your error in that mistake there.

Also, we've been preparing, perhaps not in ways that made it obvious to you but we have been. And you can take this as fact simply because I said it and because I see from your post above you blindly accept whatever other people say as fact.

It's only been a few hours, a little early to say we're failing to our job, isn't it? Or are you just making an uninformed opinion and passing it off as fact yourself?

Delightful.
[/quote]

Honey, I am getting my facts, don't worry about that. And for me, there is [b]no[/b] reason to believe that you'd do well in a war. Because 1. You have never done well in wars but you have hidden your ass behind eternal treaties with Grämlins and NPO to make sure you can stay very harmless.
2. I have seen your spying efforts and realized that someone tried to spy Cruise Missiles from TFD's top guy. But no, you don't suck. And as we speak, I am talking to TFD, and we are both laughing our asses off.

Try again.

[quote name='CJC18' timestamp='1296295491' post='2609323']
To those who decide to say "But MHA did this in Karma." Your at the wrong war. This isn't Karma, so is there really a need to bring it up every post?
[/quote]

I agree. With respect, however, it is [i]your[/i] allies (or your "side", as Doomhouse would have it) that are revisiting the past in their war on NPO.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296299881' post='2609372']
Honey, I am getting my facts, don't worry about that. And for me, there is [b]no[/b] reason to believe that you'd do well in a war. Because 1. You have never done well in wars but you have hidden your ass behind eternal treaties with Grämlins and NPO to make sure you can stay very harmless.
2. I have seen your spying efforts and realized that someone tried to spy Cruise Missiles from TFD's top guy. But no, you don't suck. And as we speak, I am talking to TFD, and we are both laughing our asses off.

Try again.
[/quote]

No, no, no, you're not reading from the same script as everyone else. We do well because we [i]abandon[/i] our allies. Sheesh. Someone get this guy a copy of the right script.

I'm sure I could find multiple failures from the multiple alliances we have declared upon tonight. Heck, all the anarchies probably speak for themselves. But you know this is a futile game of bravado you are playing and you are playing it the wrong way.

You see (and my point in posting tonight is to try and show people their errors just like this), you're bringing smack talk to a knife fight. You can try your faux big-man talk all you want, but you're still getting knifed. Your alliance will still fall by our hand, you will be surrendering to us eventually. And instead of enjoying the fight while it lasts, instead of showing Planet Bob and your opponents that you can be a gracious fighter, a brave fighter, an actual man - you cheapen this whole experience with your infantile insults and lame commentary. It's not going to win you this war, or anybody's respect.

This has been another Public Service Initiative by the MHA.

MHA is not supporting Sparta in an offensive war. It is not at war with NV, the alliance that Sparta offended with an offensive. It is countering alliances that went to war with Sparta as a result of the offensive, as a defensive obligation.

They have done what NEW's allies in PB refused to do for it.

Honestly, though, I thought NEW's allies in PB did the right thing, so it's delicious to see them applaud MHA for doing something they refused to do.

Therefore, overall, in the final assessment, at the end of the day, in the fulness of time,

Congrats, MHA!

And to those that MHA is at war with:

Aim for the inactives.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1296292860' post='2609297']

GATO may be fighting on the opposite side of [b]some of[/b] their allies but are defending some others and have clearly chosen some allies over others. MHA is not in that situation so the two are not comparable...

[/quote]

Aside from this stupid argument that goes on in pretty much every thread, GATO hasn't chosen some allies over others, we've offered ourselves to our friends and being good friends, they've actually considered what that means for us as well as themselves. Carry on with this terrible debate otherwise though :)

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1296300346' post='2609378']
No, no, no, you're not reading from the same script as everyone else. We do well because we [i]abandon[/i] our allies. Sheesh. Someone get this guy a copy of the right script. [/quote]
Actually, that would have been my next point. Or do you want to tell me that you sign ETERNAL treaties and then don't honor them?

[quote]
I'm sure I could find multiple failures from the multiple alliances we have declared upon tonight. Heck, all the anarchies probably speak for themselves. But you know this is a futile game of bravado you are playing and you are playing it the wrong way.

You see (and my point in posting tonight is to try and show people their errors just like this), you're bringing smack talk to a knife fight. You can try your faux big-man talk all you want, but you're still getting knifed. Your alliance will still fall by our hand, you will be surrendering to us eventually. And instead of enjoying the fight while it lasts, instead of showing Planet Bob and your opponents that you can be a gracious fighter, a brave fighter, an actual man - you cheapen this whole experience with your infantile insults and lame commentary. It's not going to win you this war, or anybody's respect.

This has been another Public Service Initiative by the MHA.
[/quote]

Yes, whatever. Thanks for refuting my facts. Oh wait.. I am not even fighting MHA, or am in an alliance that was hit by MHA, so the chance that I am going to fight you is pretty small.
I am sorry for stating the obvious. I am sorry that it sounds infantile and lame (which could be directed at you as well) but that doesn't make my points less valid. If you were able to refute them by now, you'd have already done that.

Take Umbrella, I claimed they suck for attacking NPO and including the Woodstock Massacre in their DOW; which war they fought themselves, and they came up with some good responses I agree with.

Now tell me why you attacked TFD three days after their declared. That's not common. There are two possibilities. The first and unlikely: Sparta wanted to surrender and you had to help. The second and likely: Your organization sucks and you needed 3 days to get your Members out of winter sleep. :smug:

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296300972' post='2609387']
Actually, that would have been my next point. Or do you want to tell me that you sign ETERNAL treaties and then don't honor them?
[/quote]

No, I already made that point for you. See, we can help each other through this.

Yes, whatever. Thanks for refuting my facts. Oh wait.. I am not even fighting MHA, or am in an alliance that was hit by MHA, so the chance that I am going to fight you is pretty small.
I am sorry for stating the obvious. I am sorry that it sounds infantile and lame (which could be directed at you as well) but that doesn't make my points less valid. If you were able to refute them by now, you'd have already done that.
[/quote]

You are right, I mispoke. I can admit when I have made a fault. I was talking about the alliances we declared upon. It does not change the fact that you are clearly on the opposing side and the future of success for that side looks grim. My point being - why spend all this time being angry and spiteful when you could have fun and gain respect for yourselves?

It's hard to refute an ad hominem attack, simply saying "your alliance sucks" is not fact, and yes you can attempt to "prove" it with isolated and specifically picked details but you cannot prove it absolutely. Nor will I be able to refute it entirely because you have a bias against what I am saying.

Take Umbrella, I claimed they suck for attacking NPO and including the Woodstock Massacre in their DOW; which war they fought themselves, and they came up with some good responses I agree with.

Now tell me why you attacked TFD three days after their declared. That's not common. There are two possibilities. The first and unlikely: Sparta wanted to surrender and you had to help. The second and likely: Your organization sucks and you needed 3 days to get your Members out of winter sleep. :smug:
[/quote]

See, I wouldn't put the smug smiley on if I were you, it's entirely premature. We attacked because Sparta required our help, they did not initially require our help and thus did not ask for it. They did not ask for it three days ago, thus there was nothing to prepare for. They asked for it today, so we prepared and declared today.

And lastly, you appear to have a habit of trying to tell people they suck. I don't know if this is ever going to work out for you, do you have another hobby you could try?

[OOC]
Small matter of point, it's Summer here. So you're wrong. Again.
[OOC]

Edited by Rugby

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296288422' post='2609230']
Trident the glorious MADP treaty between FARK, MHA and NATO that was brilliantly ignored during Karma? I am sure NATO is not the only owner of whatever plotting Trident was up to.
[/quote]

You wanted MHA and Fark to use Trident to declare war on IRON? NATO had a high level treaty with IRON, so that would have been a horrible thing to do to them. We weren't about to use their trust against them in such a manner. Us hitchhikers like NATO too much for that Machiavellian level of intrigue.