Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295955335' post='2599875']
I don't see NPO trying to take the moral high route. I see MK trying to take the moral high route with the "NPO must be stopped from taking over the world again" card.
[/quote]
That isn't a moral position, it's a realpolitik one.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see so many people showing their support for Pacifica - just goes to show that, despite the nonsense, there are still plenty of upstanding cyber-citizens out there. :wub:

I, acting under no official capacity whatsoever, salute you on behalf of the NPO! o/

(Oh, and boo-hiss Doomhouse, boo-hiss!)

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1295957777' post='2599935']
seconding this. Pretty shameful and cowardly move
[/quote]

Eh, that's the consequences of letting LUE 2.0 run the show for a while. Their ilk and those like them must be purged from existence.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295955841' post='2599887']
That isn't a moral position, it's a realpolitik one.
[/quote]
Well, my post was more aimed at debunking the idea that NPO has taken the moralist stand deliberately in this situation, which is what HellAngel was trying to imply (rather disingeniously, I might add). However, this section of Archon's declaration of war:[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295928088' post='2597854']We cannot allow any chance of a return to power by the New Pacific Order. For years they ruled with an iron fist. They engineered a multitude of first strike "curbstomps," the most grossly abusive among them being the glibly named Woodstock Masscre against the Green Protection Agency. Never one to face an enemy with an even remote chance of victory, and always one to beat on the weak and the vulnerable, the New Pacific Order was a true master of the first strike attack. They could not only beat down the weak, but they had maneuvered the politics of the day such that they could do so with impunity.[/quote]smacks of attempting to take a moral position to me, rather than a realpolitik one... [b]especially[/b] the part where the Woodstock Massacre is trotted out as an example of NPO's sordid past as if to somehow justify what Doomhouse is doing here.
The price for NPO's actions there has been paid long ago, and neither side in that engagement was entirely free from stupidity leading up to it.

Remember Pacifica, there is more than one way to win a war. If you will learn something, learn that.
Hearken back to the lessons learned in the aftermath of the Great Patriotic War, because your opponent has not changed.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Link Gaetz' timestamp='1295961013' post='2599977']
What has become of TOP? :(
[/quote]
They choose sides some time ago…It is their right and I suppose there were several incidences that made them take the specific path. Personally I hold no grudges against them; it is called surviving. Although I have to say that I think they lost something in the process, but it is their call and all I have is an uneducated opinion.

Concerning the specific war I echo Farnsworth’s concerns over the evolution of international affairs and the possibility that in future political confrontations,depending on the outcome of current wars, we will witness a complete lack of legitimacy.

As a Pacifican, I was sure that this time was about to come, so I am prepared for a long and bloody war (at least I hope so :P). We took our lessons in Armageddon (Karma) war; we took some notices from the resilience of FAN and we have the spirit from the Great Patriotic War to guide us. So see you in the battlefield.

Pacifica Prevails

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1295933004' post='2598708']
They paid for their crimes. None of you should have any reason to hold a grudge against the NPO.
[/quote]
you have taken the words RIGHT out of my mouth my friend!!!!

even though i am not in Pacifica i am still a pacifican at heart and consider many of the people in NPO to be good friends still

roll them off the map NPO

o/ NPO

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1295958024' post='2599939']
Eh, that's the consequences of letting LUE 2.0 run the show for a while. Their ilk and those like them must be purged from existence.
[/quote]

Opinions on the pre-empt aside. The stage is hardly ripe for a Pacifican to talk about consequences of letting X run the show. Just sayin.

[quote name='Link Gaetz' timestamp='1295961013' post='2599977']
What has become of TOP? :(
[/quote]
TOP has always been a power-mongering alliance, buddying up with whatever sphere of power seems to be pre-eminent. The Initiative, the Continuum, and now apparently Doomhouse. This is hardly surprising behavior. It's not like they've never led the charge in an attack on an Order before with little or no cause.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1295963873' post='2600040']
Opinions on the pre-empt aside. The stage is hardly ripe for a Pacifican to talk about consequences of letting X run the show. Just sayin.
[/quote]
The only major war since Pacifica was pushed out of power was instigated by Polaris, and politics ever since have been dominated by what people think about the Orders. In other words, even out of power and with little in the way of relative influence, the show still revolves around the Orders, including Pacifica. Apparently the best that the rest of you can do is rehash years old conflicts and justify it with "well everyone was bored anyway."

I love it. I saw the light on 06.02.2010. After that day i have been waiting for this day. The day when people are ready do what must be done. Everything. Must. Die.

Orders must die.

[OOC]Lets enjoy this while it lasts. Its fun to see, that players are finally returning to this game, and that there is life on the forums. Maybe there is still hope for all of us?[/ooc]

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1295932876' post='2598688']
Everyone really needs to get involved in this war. Any alliance that sits out deserves to be rolled afterwards. No joke.

Also, woo NPO and what not.
[/quote]
After this war anyone who stays out will be powerhouses compared to the smashed alliances taking part. Rolling them will not be an option from bill lock