Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='savethecheerleader' timestamp='1296097577' post='2603993']
Everybody who has ever derided the Legion for becoming allied to the NPO and their sphere of influence, please raise your hands.

Good, now everyone with their hands up: those of you who are now arguing that NPO was is in the wrong for not pursuing relations with those who had continually and intentionally antagonized them, please keep your hands up.

People currently raising your hands: each and every one of you is either a shameless hypocrite or an utter clown. Thank you for your time and cooperation.
[/quote]

I could have sworn that Legion had an NPO viceroy that dictated their every move, kicked members out who didn't support the NPO, and basically ran the alliance. But just to be sure, lets look at say... GATO. Hmmm.... NPO viceroy who ran everything, dictated their every move, and basically ran the alliance. But sure, NPO coming around and making friends works too.

I'm aware of the differences. But look at it this way:

Both alliances had a viceroy installed by NPO. Legion, for whatever reason, decided to work out old differences with the people who had defeated them. Doubtless this decision had much to do with the fact that NPO threatened or implied the threat of military action if such differences were not worked out (starting to sound familiar?) This lead to a relationship that gave birth to a military treaty. Legion was widely derided by the community at large, and in particular MK and its allies, for having gone through the process of mending differences with NPO.

Fast forward to the present. NPO has failed to do what Legion did in working to resolve differences with a group of people who had recently defeated them in war and been openly hostile towards them. What do they receive as a result? You guessed it kids, military aggression! (I knew it sounded familiar for a reason!)

Edited by savethecheerleader

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1296101463' post='2604163']
I could have sworn that Legion had an NPO viceroy that dictated their every move, kicked members out who didn't support the NPO, and basically ran the alliance.
[/quote]
You'd be wrong, actually. Z'ha'dum started with an alliance that effectively had disbanded, prevented anyone from leaving (with one exception, Korlus) to avoid them dying completely in a mass exodus, allowed them to make their own policy for the most part, and promptly vacated the premises when Legion was ready to stand on its own again. Allow me to reiterate, Legion went from nearly disbanded to sanctioned again because of that NPO Viceroy.
Legion ended up allied to the NPO because the Viceroy actually lived up to the promise of helping them rebuild and showed kindness where they very easily could have shown cruelty, and indeed were expected to.

This situation was unacceptable, however, so instead of doing things that created reliable allies, like Legion, NPO FA decided to instead stop talking to allies for months on end, decide they had too many friends and look into which treaties to cut, and bank on MK joining their side of the war, and of course, naturally, the one most responsible for creating the alliance with Legion had to go for pointing out the deficiencies in the FA policy (they don't like it). Of course this was well over a year ago, they wouldn't leave the same people in charge and continue the same policy after getting rolled so they wouldn't find themselves in the same situation they did during the Karma war again... oh.

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1296091689' post='2603815']
Wow, ASIV that's a really impressive feat you've accomplished there! I perfectly remember those many months back(maybe a year?) where you were assigned to Pacifica as a diplomatic representative of VE. And yet, in your infinite wisdom and diplomacy you continually insulted our Emperor and Body Republic in our home nonetheless, only to still hold a grudge and claim we "abused an embassy official" even now?

Could you be more pathetic than this?
[/quote]

[center][IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6NPOdiplomaticChecklist.png[/IMG]
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97705&view=findpost&p=2603679][b][color="#8B0000"]CLICK HERE TO SEE SEE ORIGINAL POST[/color][/b][/url][/center]

Do you "perfectly remember" the unrelenting posts filled with profanity, vulgarity and the other abuse that NPO membership heaped on Seth, our #2 FA official, when he C&Ped a standard message which was part of his duties? Do you "perfectly remember" the two days it took for The Great Clown Emperor Chuckles and his Anointed Ones to put a stop to it? Do you "perfectly remember" the lies NPO published while being "one step ahead of the truth"? Do you "perfectly remember" NPO's pitiful whining when NPO was treated to the same journalistic style which did nothing more than mirror NPO's treatment of others? Do you "perfectly remember" the embassy officials NPO demasked? Do you "perfectly remember" the embassies NPO has closed? Do you "perfectly remember" the non-stop whining that has eminated from NPO since it had its rear kicked to the corner? If your memory is as perfect as you claim, you should have no problem with that diplomatic checklist I previously posted and have reposted above.

No grudges ... just a few memories.

Edited by Antonio Salovega VI

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1296103252' post='2604385']

Do you "perfectly remember" the unrelenting posts filled with profanity, vulgarity and the other abuse that NPO membership heaped on Seth, our #2 FA official, just because he C&Ped a standard message which was part of his duties? Do you "perfectly remember" the two days it took for NPOs leadership to put a stop to it? Do you "perfectly remember" the lies NPO published while being "one step ahead of the truth"? Do you "perfectly remember" NPO's pitiful whining when NPO was treated to the same journalistic style which did nothing more than mirror NPO's treatment of others? Do you "perfectly remember" the embassy officials NPO demasked? Do you "perfectly remember" the embassies NPO has closed? Do you "perfectly remember" the non-stop whining that has eminated from NP since it had its rear kicked to the corner? If your memory is as perfect as you claim, you should have no problem with that diplomatic checklist I posted and have reposted above.

No grudges ... just a few memories.
[/quote]

hahaha I fully remember now, you were all butt-hurt because certain truths in Sir Paul's "Tabloid Tribune" made you sad, so, in your view, the countless insults spewed from your mouth were justified! That's clearly something worth holding a year old grudge over, well done!

Edited by Weirdgus

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1296091689' post='2603815']
Wow, ASIV that's a really impressive feat you've accomplished there! I perfectly remember those many months back(maybe a year?) where you were assigned to Pacifica as a diplomatic representative of VE. And yet, in your infinite wisdom and diplomacy you continually insulted our Emperor and Body Republic in our home nonetheless, only to still hold a grudge and claim we "abused an embassy official" even now?

Could you be more pathetic than this?
[/quote]
In all fairness, you did pretty much abuse Sethb when he went to your forums.

I will admit though, I did not see any posts of AS6 doing as you said, my time in Francograd had likely ended by then.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1296107214' post='2604792']
In all fairness, you did pretty much abuse Sethb when he went to your forums.

I will admit though, I did not see any posts of AS6 doing as you said, my time in Francograd had likely ended by then.
[/quote]

Talking about sethb, spying is wrong and a CB just when the other guy does it, right? :ehm:

inb4 sethb didn't spy, but he just accepted some screenshots and actively coached some 3rd party into doing so...oh wait

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1296132091' post='2605421']
Talking about sethb, spying is wrong and a CB just when the other guy does it, right? :ehm:

inb4 sethb didn't spy, but he just accepted some screenshots and actively coached some 3rd party into doing so...oh wait
[/quote]
Wow, you have decided to completely ignore my point and bring up something else. I'm not going to waste anymore time on you, because your view is so skewed on how these two events differ and because smashing a brick wall with my forehead would be less painful than attempting to enlighten you to the truth. Enjoy your party line.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1296136574' post='2605496']
Wow, you have decided to completely ignore my point and bring up something else. I'm not going to waste anymore time on you, because your view is so skewed on how these two events differ and because smashing a brick wall with my forehead would be less painful than attempting to enlighten you to the truth. Enjoy your party line.
[/quote]
It's okay to declare war without cause if the alliance has shut down some embassies in the past year and doesn't always get along with incoming diplomats?

Cool.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1296140505' post='2605555']
It's okay to declare war without cause if the alliance has shut down some embassies in the past year and doesn't always get along with incoming diplomats?

Cool.
[/quote]
I don't recall saying that, or anything to that effect.

Ever onward, Comrades! o/
o/ Pacifica prevails!

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1295932797' post='2598666']
You can chuckle all the way until NPO hits 0 tech and/or surrenders.
[/quote]
NPO hits 0 tech? Perhaps... NPO surrenders? *chuckles* :P

[quote name='Weirdgus' timestamp='1296132091' post='2605421']

[/quote]

Ahhh yes. I remember that thread. There was even a few Imperial Officers and high ranking members of the FA/Milcom/Whatever throwing in some nice taunts. If you ignore it Weirdgus it'll go away don't worry.

[quote name='Detlev' timestamp='1296103966' post='2604493']FYI, 48% of non peace mode NPO nations were anarchied before the first nuke flew. [/quote]
That is actually after a surprise blitz from supposed most powerful military in the world. Those nations were not war mobilized.

GG lol

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296146949' post='2605738']
And why were they not mobilized?

There were plenty in peace mode, so i take it NPO leadership knew something was happening.
[/quote]
Oh, I dont know. Maybe to not provoke the situation and keep a clear defensive posture because we didn't actually know what will for certain happen but only of a potential danger.

Anyway, it is a tangent. One which I don't intent to expand further. All I wanted is to respond to the previous comment, which I did.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296146019' post='2605709']
[quote name='Detlev' timestamp='1296103966' post='2604493']
FYI, 48% of non peace mode NPO nations were anarchied before the first nuke flew.

Onward to victory NPO!!
[/quote]
That is actually after a surprise blitz from supposed most powerful military in the world. Those nations were not war mobilized.

GG lol
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6NPOinadequacy.png[/IMG]

So your response is that you were so taken by surprise that you could only get a fifth of your alliance (including yourself) into peace mode (!!?!!) and therefore in your mind it is excusable that the rest of NPO's nations could be so ill prepared that almost half of them were in anarchy before the enemy nukes were launched!!?!!

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296146949' post='2605738']
And why were they not mobilized?

There were plenty in peace mode, so i take it NPO leadership knew something was happening.
[/quote]
They weren't mobilized because they were preparing to blitz those engaged on the Polar front the next night, and wanted to be able to attack as far down as possible and mobilize after. Thankfully Doomhouse sniffed out these plans and hit them before they could hit us!

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1296153119' post='2605860']
They weren't mobilized because they were preparing to blitz those engaged on the Polar front the next night, and wanted to be able to attack as far down as possible and mobilize after. Thankfully Doomhouse sniffed out these plans and hit them before they could hit us!
[/quote]
Do you write your own material, or do you have a trained monkey to do it for you?

[/quote]
I think its obvious this is sarcasm coming from you, but it does make me wonder how VE and others already fighting felt about your allies choosing to start a new war rather than assist in the war you guys were already fighting. Either they left you guys to fight on your own with no real desire to help you guys or it was all part of the plan that you guys declare war on NpO, then they start another one while you guys have most of CN distracted.

VE always did seem out of place in a bloc full of Doomhouse quality alliances, so I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't think I would be happy with their choice if it was me seeing an ally bring more enemies in on the other side without giving any assistance as they do it.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296103073' post='2604331']
Z'ha'dum started with an alliance that effectively had disbanded, prevented anyone from leaving (with one exception, Korlus) to avoid them dying completely in a mass exodus, allowed them to make their own policy for the most part, and promptly vacated the premises when Legion was ready to stand on its own again. Allow me to reiterate, Legion went from nearly disbanded to sanctioned again because of that NPO Viceroy.
Legion ended up allied to the NPO because the Viceroy actually lived up to the promise of helping them rebuild and showed kindness where they very easily could have shown cruelty, and indeed were expected to.
[/quote]
This is a good point, except that there were several folks allowed to leave Legion, not just Korlus. Rakari is the one I remember helping get out of there, and I know there were others whose names I've forgotten.

[/quote]
Were you born this stupid, or is it something you grew into?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296155433' post='2605924']
Were you born this stupid, or is it something you grew into?
[/quote]

Oh god, seeing this coming from you is such affirmation.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296153605' post='2605880']
Do you write your own material, or do you have a trained monkey to do it for you?
[/quote]

The monkey!

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1296154688' post='2605907']
I think its obvious this is sarcasm coming from you,
[/quote]

Damn, 3 people read something, and only Methrage has the comprehension level to understand it. Oh, how the Invict-o-sphere has fallen... err, scratch that, you guys were never too bright.

[quote]but it does make me wonder how VE and others already fighting felt about your allies choosing to start a new war rather than assist in the war you guys were already fighting. Either they left you guys to fight on your own with no real desire to help you guys or it was all part of the plan that you guys declare war on NpO, then they start another one while you guys have most of CN distracted.

VE always did seem out of place in a bloc full of Doomhouse quality alliances, so I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't think I would be happy with their choice if it was me seeing an ally bring more enemies in on the other side without giving any assistance as they do it.[/quote]

I promise you we were perfectly fine with our allies waiting for counters, as we surely didn't need them on Polar