Sparta - DoW

Lukapaka

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1295770641' post='2593607']
I thought Doppel told them to disband.. hmm

Anyhow, have fun Sparta. May my SDI prove more worthy against you than my RIA friend.
[/quote]

I would say make it one of their terms but who would we laugh at then? :lol1:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295766033' post='2593473']
Any yet Exodus has an average of two slots per nation [what you would expect for a first night in any alliance] less than an hour after update. Yes, some are offensive wars and yes, some were declared on by RIA, but when you consider events such as 25 hour nuking and Exodus nations in PM, Sparta has done fine. Sparta are just as competent as any other mass recruiter [and, at least statistically, are actually superior to most mass recruiters in terms of wonders, tech and NS].

Also the fact someone from the NpO is calling out Sparta is simply hilarious considering the effort your alliance has so far put up.
[/quote]

Shall we look at the statistics?
[b]
Exodus is currently engaged in 80 wars.[/b]

30 of these wars were declared by Exodus
Sparta declared 39 wars so far.
Then there are 11 wars by RIA.

[b]Exodus has 30 members in war mode[/b]
That means 30x3 = 90 defensive slots.
11 have been filled by RIA
That leaves 79 slots.

Sparta has 234 nations in war mode and only one opponent
Sparta launched 39 wars (not even half of the possible slots they could get).

Sparta has at least 5 anarchies on the screen, which will turn out to be more because it isn't updated.
We have have a total of somewhere between the 10 and 15 anarchies, of which most are RIA nukes. (second day of fighting).

How does that constitute 'doing well' again?

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1295766316' post='2593483']
so defensive of your most useful meatshield, Banksy :v:
[/quote]
I wish they were ours, then we could finally get a war if someone counter attacked them :(

[quote name='TheyCallMeJeezy' timestamp='1295766665' post='2593494']
I'm calling out sparty for doing what they always do...attack some tiny alliance and shout their "sparta meow".

Also, should we be doing better in a fabricated, outnumbered war? I'm pretty happy where I am tbqh.
[/quote]
In the last war, Sparta's two main opponents were Legion (a large alliance and your current ally [lmbo]) and TOP, neither of whom can be considered small. In Karma they fought the NPO and TOOL (admittedly poorly, but that was almost two years ago). So no, they don't 'always' attack 'tiny' alliances. They also don't appear to be saying 'meow' (although admittedly I have skipped a few Spartan posts, so please point me in their direction if I've missed them).

Also, i'm glad you're happy with your alliance's mediocre performance, although I assumed it would have given you some perspective on the difficulties of inter-alliance warfare for mass recruiters like Sparta. Oddly enough, Sparta's performance isn't on par with the likes of elite alliances like FOK and PC and behave more like yourself; competent, albeit limited.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1295772578' post='2593651']
Shall we look at the statistics?
[b]
Exodus is currently engaged in 80 wars.[/b]

30 of these wars were declared by Exodus
Sparta declared 39 wars so far.
Then there are 11 wars by RIA.

[b]Exodus has 30 members in war mode[/b]
That means 30x3 = 90 defensive slots.
11 have been filled by RIA
That leaves 79 slots.

Sparta has 234 nations in war mode and only one opponent
Sparta launched 39 wars (not even half of the possible slots they could get).

Sparta has at least 5 anarchies on the screen, which will turn out to be more because it isn't updated.
We have have a total of somewhere between the 10 and 15 anarchies, of which most are RIA nukes. (second day of fighting).

How does that constitute 'doing well' again?
[/quote]
Apologies, I was typing up my previous reply and missed this one.

If Sparta filled up every single one of those 79 slots, Sparta would be unable to stagger Exodus. That means the total is actually 60. 11 of these have been filled by RIA which means there are 49 slots open. As you have pointed out [I haven't checked lately myself] Sparta has declared 39 wars which is roughly 80%. Now, you must remember that Sparta have ~21 hours to fill the remaining 10 slots (time zones), and then another day to pick up the final stagger (30 slots). So actually, Sparta have Exodus well covered.

As for anarchies, you are living in the past. We have nukes to deal with anarchy, and Sparta has rather a lot of them. Furthermore, Sparta is a large alliance and will always have ~10 anarchies because of its ghostbusting etc.

We must also remember that Exodus is a very small alliance. Sparta would have only sent in a small portion of its nations to engage. This is because Sparta is needed elsewhere at a later date. Most of the Spartans ITT have so far not engaged. This is not because of inactivity, it is because Exodus is unconnected and of no real thread to our coalition.

So next time, please, when you bring up facts and figures, do try to balance them properly. I have never said Sparta are en excellent alliance at warfare. They have done several things here incorrectly. But to say they are useless is simply not true.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1295773345' post='2593672']
Will you be demanding reps from them?

edit: Assuming you win.
[/quote]

1. Its Sparta duh of course they will. (I'm expecting oh 14k tech in reps? Thats about 20% of our total tech :P I mean that would be low for Sparta but I'll assume they are forgiving this war :awesome: )
2. Get out we don't want you here because lets face it you're a moron.

[quote name='halfChaos' timestamp='1295765674' post='2593453']
I haven't forgotten anything. So you have spies, BFD. You still lost your GA and I still took millions from your aid surplus. When you get hit again you're going to lose more millions. Maybe you should ask NSO if you can borrow their war guide?
[/quote]
Our war guide is actually rather good, if I do say so myself (hint: I wrote it). And it would certainly say that anyone above Academy Battalion (2K NS, which means you) have at least 50 spies (apparently you have zero) and a warchest that can, you know, actually last more than 6 ground battle defeats :lol1: . And if you're looking for advice, you probably should have de-commed that Foreign Ministry, seeing as you're only using 3 of your aid slots, and bought another GC...oh, and way to declare 30 minutes before update...good job, you gave your target 30 minutes to log on, notice he'd been declared on, and either sit there waiting for you to attack and re-buy troops, or notice you'd attacked and re-buy anyways, thus preventing you from throwing him into anarchy. You've only got one offensive war- at the earliest, you should have attacked 3 minutes before update, not 30. I also noticed you were the second Spartan nation to declare on Exodus- I imagine your alliances leadership was facepalming rather a lot when idiots like you hit so early, giving Exodus plenty of advance warning. You entirely defeated one of the purposes of an update attack- surprise. If you were one of our nations, your Commander would have chewed you out, if not kicked you out for !@#$@#$ up so badly.
And while we're on the topic of laughing at your nation rulership skills, you've got one of the best resource combo's in the game, and only 11 resources (hint: you can have a total of 12). That means you've doubled up on one of your trade resources- way to go. Keep showing the world how great those Spartan guides are :awesome: .

Maybe [i]you [/i]should be the one asking for our guides!

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295773570' post='2593681']

If Sparta filled up every single one of those 79 slots, Sparta would be unable to stagger Exodus. That means the total is actually 60. 11 of these have been filled by RIA which means there are 49 slots open. As you have pointed out [I haven't checked lately myself] Sparta has declared 39 wars which is roughly 80%. Now, you must remember that Sparta have ~21 hours to fill the remaining 10 slots (time zones), and then another day to pick up the final stagger (30 slots). So actually, Sparta have Exodus well covered.

As for anarchies, you are living in the past. We have nukes to deal with anarchy, and Sparta has rather a lot of them. Furthermore, Sparta is a large alliance and will always have ~10 anarchies because of its ghostbusting etc.

We must also remember that Exodus is a very small alliance. Sparta would have only sent in a small portion of its nations to engage. This is because Sparta is needed elsewhere at a later date. Most of the Spartans ITT have so far not engaged. This is not because of inactivity, it is because Exodus is unconnected and of no real thread to our coalition.

So next time, please, when you bring up facts and figures, do try to balance them properly. I have never said Sparta are en excellent alliance at warfare. They have done several things here incorrectly. But to say they are useless is simply not true.
[/quote]

indeed, I forgot about the stagger. It's still early around here. However, You do not need a stagger for the 11 RIA nations. That means the actual total would still be 60 and 39 out of 60 for a 300+man alliance is still weak in my book. I know we are not relevant. Do not think for a moment that I do not understand how things work around here. It has however always been my impression that when one goes to war for his allies, the least he can do is actually try to take them out. They could easily spare the nations required to organise a full hit.

I never said Sparta is worthless. I do say that their performance in the war so far is certainly not impressing.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295773570' post='2593681']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I've got to admit that this gave me a chuckle. Virtually every MK member I know thinks Sparta is a joke, but here you are pulling statistics (statistics arguments always give me a laugh, both sides that is) to try and make Sparta look remotely decent. It's even funnier because I know you hate them. This is just amusing.[/color]

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1295774146' post='2593697']
indeed, I forgot about the stagger. It's still early around here. However, You do not need a stagger for the 11 RIA nations. That means the actual total would still be 60 and 39 out of 60 for a 300+man alliance is still weak in my book. I know we are not relevant. Do not think for a moment that I do not understand how things work around here. It has however always been my impression that when one goes to war for his allies, the least he can do is actually try to take them out. They could easily spare the nations required to organise a full hit.

I never said Sparta is worthless. I do say that their performance in the war so far is certainly not impressing.
[/quote]
While the RIA nations are already staggered, they also don't exactly need to hastily be staggered. We would be better off comparing these stats before next update as Sparta has a long time to fill in any gaps.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295774168' post='2593699']
[color="#0000FF"]I've got to admit that this gave me a chuckle. Virtually every MK member I know thinks Sparta is a joke, but here you are pulling statistics (statistics arguments always give me a laugh, both sides that is) to try and make Sparta look remotely decent. It's even funnier because I know you hate them. This is just amusing.[/color]
[/quote]
How dare you, Sparta are one of my favourite alliances.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295774066' post='2593694']
Our war guide is actually rather good, if I do say so myself (hint: I wrote it). And it would certainly say that anyone above Academy Battalion (2K NS, which means you) have at least 50 spies (apparently you have zero) and a warchest that can, you know, actually last more than 6 ground battle defeats :lol1: . And if you're looking for advice, you probably should have de-commed that Foreign Ministry, seeing as you're only using 3 of your aid slots, and bought another GC...oh, and way to declare 30 minutes before update...good job, you gave your target 30 minutes to log on, notice he'd been declared on, and either sit there waiting for you to attack and re-buy troops, or notice you'd attacked and re-buy anyways, thus preventing you from throwing him into anarchy. You've only got one offensive war- at the earliest, you should have attacked 3 minutes before update, not 30. I also noticed you were the second Spartan nation to declare on Exodus- I imagine your alliances leadership was facepalming rather a lot when idiots like you hit so early, giving Exodus plenty of advance warning. You entirely defeated one of the purposes of an update attack- surprise. If you were one of our nations, your Commander would have chewed you out, if not kicked you out for !@#$@#$ up so badly.
And while we're on the topic of laughing at your nation rulership skills, you've got one of the best resource combo's in the game, and only 11 resources (hint: you can have a total of 12). That means you've doubled up on one of your trade resources- way to go. Keep showing the world how great those Spartan guides are :awesome: .

Maybe [i]you [/i]should be the one asking for our guides!
[/quote]
Oh God, tell me this guy is serious.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295775336' post='2593715']
Oh God, tell me this guy is serious.
[/quote]
Completely. The only clarification I would make is that when I said "anyone above Academy Battalion" should have at least 50 spies, I meant in our next level up battalion. Obviously the requirements are quite a bit higher as your nation grows.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295775998' post='2593726']
Completely. The only clarification I would make is that when I said "anyone above Academy Battalion" should have at least 50 spies, I meant in our next level up battalion. Obviously the requirements are quite a bit higher as your nation grows.
[/quote]
Honestly, that's the least of your issues. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you were talking about that particular nation.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295776218' post='2593731']
Honestly, that's the least of your issues. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you were talking about that particular nation.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=435979"]This guy, yeah.[/url] Military genius.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1295776808' post='2593742']
SOMEONE FROM YOUR ALLIANCE IS GOING TO TELL YOU TO SHUT THE $%&@ UP VIA A PM.
[/quote]
Caps lock is still cruise control for cool I see.

And no, they're not. They're all too busy laughing at you and your alliance.

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1295777955' post='2593755']
I think you got kev beat in the worst poster category, congrats.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am Rebel Virginia, and I do not like to be ignored.

Also, last time I checked, the NSO doesn't gag members.[/color]

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295778209' post='2593758']
Sounds about even to me.
[/quote]

Sorry, next time RIA will ask a micro-ally to defend them.... or something? I dunno, it's not my fault we're so much bigger than them. It was a collective effort :)