Lukapaka

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1295792477' post='2593866']
Did you just contradict yourself??

not to mention that you also contradict your alliance since your alliance actually need to do some world ODP doctrine so they actually have the "papers" necessary to do stuff, the thing that you just claimed unnecessary.

You are just so silly. Sparta help our friends at RIA. You complaint Exodus is too small, hardly our fault. We said then you guys should help your beloved buddies in Exodus then if you really care, you then complaint you guys are too small for us.

Fact is fact, NSO is only good at foul breaths, they fail at everything else.
[/quote]
Uh, no, I didn't contradict myself, at all...reading comprehension: learn it.

As for the Moldavi Doctrine, to which you refer, it's not actually a "paper" as you imply. It simply was an announcement that the New Sith Order reserves the sovereign right to declare war as we see fit, regardless of treaties. Papers are all well and good- we do have treaties after all- and I never claimed they were unnecessary, in fact, I didn't mention treaties or "papers" once in my post. Must be that reading comprehension skill coming into play again.

And while we do like Exodus (they were very pleasant in their embassy, really my only interaction with them) we're not here so much for them as to point out what a cowardly bunch Sparta are.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295793059' post='2593878']
Uh, no, I didn't contradict myself, at all...reading comprehension: learn it.

As for the Moldavi Doctrine, to which you refer, it's not actually a "paper" as you imply. It simply was an announcement that the New Sith Order reserves the sovereign right to declare war as we see fit, regardless of treaties. Papers are all well and good- we do have treaties after all- and I never claimed they were unnecessary, in fact, I didn't mention treaties or "papers" once in my post. Must be that reading comprehension skill coming into play again.

And while we do like Exodus (they were very pleasant in their embassy, really my only interaction with them) we're not here so much for them as to point out what a cowardly bunch Sparta are.
[/quote]

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Keep beeing silly NSO, fun seeing one e-lawyering :lol1:

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1295793250' post='2593880']
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Keep beeing silly NSO, fun seeing one e-lawyering :lol1:
[/quote]
You know, you Spartans have really mastered the art of not actually responding to a post when you hit that "Response" button :rolleyes:. Please try again.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295793457' post='2593883']
You know, you Spartans have really mastered the art of not actually responding to a post when you hit that "Response" button :rolleyes:. Please try again.
[/quote]

what? do I have to point out your silliness?

NSO: Not needing CBs to declare war but do need treaties to declare wars. Oh, PS: We also claim sovereign right to declare war as we see fit.

You just contradict yourself, again!

You really should leave these things to RV, he's much better than you.

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1295793697' post='2593887']

NSO: Not needing CBs to declare war but do need treaties to declare wars. Oh, PS: We also claim sovereign right to declare war as we see fit.

[/quote]
I'm not sure where you think I said people need treaties to declare war...in fact I'm pretty sure I said the opposite? I really don't see the point of this conversation if you're literally just going to make things up...but I'll direct you [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79437"]here[/url] for a chance to see what it looks like when my alliance declares war [i]without [/i]a treaty.

And this time when you reply, please try not to pull stuff out of thin air.

Edit: Our Lord RV will undoubtedly make an appearance later, he's busy seeking truth and whatnot. Leave a message at the beep.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295794253' post='2593891']
I'm not sure where you think I said people need treaties to declare war...in fact I'm pretty sure I said the opposite? I really don't see the point of this conversation if you're literally just going to make things up...but I'll direct you [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79437"]here[/url] for a chance to see what it looks like when my alliance declares war [i]without [/i]a treaty.

Edit: Our Lord RV will undoubtedly make an appearance later, he's busy seeking truth and whatnot. Leave a message at the beep.

And this time when you reply, please try not to pull stuff out of your ass.
[/quote]

sigh, you. Right let's bare out the facts here. NSO do not need CBs to declare war, ok noted. You guys care for treaties, oh wait you guys don't! Oh but it doesn't really matter right? you guys have the ultra useful doctrine! so that treaty point is moot.

so here's the situation then. Sparta declare war on Exodus, you guys then whine that Exodus is too small for Sparta. You are friends with Exodus, then why don't you help them? you guys certainly don't need the CB, and treaty or not, you guys have that Moldavi doctrine, so you guys can definitely help them if you guys want. But nooooo NSO is just content with whinings while watching their beloved friend burns.

Instead of actually helping you just go the silly mode : "Exodus is too small for Sparta!" "Brave NSO is here! Come get us!"

oh you Siths.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1295794833' post='2593894']
sigh, you. Right let's bare out the facts here. NSO do not need CBs to declare war, ok noted. You guys care for treaties, oh wait you guys don't! Oh but it doesn't really matter right? you guys have the ultra useful doctrine! so that treaty point is moot.

so here's the situation then. Sparta declare war on Exodus, you guys then whine that Exodus is too small for Sparta. You are friends with Exodus, then why don't you help them? you guys certainly don't need the CB, and treaty or not, you guys have that Moldavi doctrine, so you guys can definitely help them if you guys want. But nooooo NSO is just content with whinings while watching their beloved friend burns.

Instead of actually helping you just go the silly mode : "Exodus is too small for Sparta!" "Brave NSO is here! Come get us!"

oh you Siths.. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Yes, the treaty point is moot. Thank you for totally making something up, and then admitting you were wrong- it's gratifying to see.

As for defending Exodus, I don't think anyone's ever claimed Exodus are our "beloved friends"- in fact, I think the most that's been said is that they were pleasant in embassy chats. If we want to go into this war (that's something you'll have to take up with higher gov) we have people we're a lot closer to we'd choose to help first. Sorry Exodus :(. Hopefully Valhalla decides to tear into you and teach you a lesson in how to actually fight a war though :).

[quote name='itida' timestamp='1295791530' post='2593855']
Well we like to have a thing, not much appreciated these days, but what can I say, we're a bit weird, we like having CBs before actually declaring, but I'm sure NSO will be able to find its way around it, which is why they are very heartily welcomed to declare on us. :)
[/quote]
Look at this guy. He doesn't even know what a CB is.

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1295793697' post='2593887']

[/quote]
You might actually be dumber than a sack of bricks.

Corrupt :wub:
Exodus, I await your victory with bated breath.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295795140' post='2593896']
Yes, the treaty point is moot. Thank you for totally making something up, and then admitting you were wrong- it's gratifying to see.

As for defending Exodus, I don't think anyone's ever claimed Exodus are our "beloved friends"- in fact, I think the most that's been said is that they were pleasant in embassy chats. If we want to go into this war (that's something you'll have to take up with higher gov) we have people we're a lot closer to we'd choose to help first. Sorry Exodus :(. Hopefully Valhalla decides to tear into you and teach you a lesson in how to actually fight a war though :).
[/quote]

you are writing your own words, I do not need to make anything up :)

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295794253' post='2593891']
I'm not sure where you think I said people need treaties to declare war...in fact I'm pretty sure I said the opposite?
[/quote]

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295793059' post='2593878']Papers are all well and good- we do have treaties after all- and I never claimed they were unnecessary
[/quote]

Right, don't need treaties, but they are not unnecessary. Whatever suits your boat then :blush:

[quote name='Emphix' timestamp='1295795687' post='2593903']
you are writing your own words, I do not need to make anything up :)

Right, don't need treaties, but they are not unnecessary. Whatever suits your boat then :blush:
[/quote]
[OOC] I'm pretty sure English isn't your first language, so I'll clarify because I think I see the confusion. My first statement was that treaties are not necessary for a declaration of war (as per Moldavi Doctrine)- my second statement was that treaties are not useless either, they serve an important role. Hope that helps :). [OOC]

IC: Something something good luck Exodus.

Honestly, I think NSO has a point. You have been one of the strongest alliances in the game for almost 3 years (?!). Basically since after you have left GUARD you have been part of the major powers yet you never had a say. No one ever mentions you when it comes to influence and backbone - not even your own allies. Also, you have [u]never[/u] fought outnumbered.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295793457' post='2593883']
[/quote]

They've also mastered the art of NOT being able to defend their actions. They can't declare on a large alliance without REAL support (any alliance that can actually fight). They also have mastered the art of not really having a real reason to roll.. just that anything with a 11:1 advantage is considered a "fair" fight. They don't have anyone to defend their actions either.. mainly cause they are indefensible ;)

Its too bad too.. I have respect for a "[s]few[/s]... er couple" of their members.. *Trinite* :ehm:

Have fun repelling the attackers Exodus! TBB :wub:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1295791852' post='2593859']
A CB is in the eye of the beholder. You don't like us- that's a plenty valid CB. I can promise you that the vast majority of our alliance would agree. Problem is, Sparta doesn't have the guts to do anything that might put their precious pixels at serious risk.
[/quote]

Dude i couldn't have said it better..

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1295797578' post='2593920']
Honestly, I think NSO has a point. You have been one of the strongest alliances in the game for almost 3 years (?!). Basically since after you have left GUARD you have been part of the major powers yet you never had a say. No one ever mentions you when it comes to influence and backbone - not even your own allies. Also, you have [u]never[/u] fought outnumbered.
[/quote]
And? We don't desire power or influence over all others. Power does terrible, [i]terrible[/i] things to alliances, and we don't want to have anything to do with it. As for never fighting outnumbered, it's not our fault that the other side of the web constantly isolates itself by ragging on any fringe alliance that perceive to be "against" them. Maybe if they stopped being belligerent a-holes and actually did some diplomacy to swing the fringes they could actually win a war for once.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295802916' post='2593992']
And? We don't desire power or influence over all others. Power does terrible, [i]terrible[/i] things to alliances, and we don't want to have anything to do with it. As for never fighting outnumbered, it's not our fault that the other side of the web constantly isolates itself by ragging on any fringe alliance that perceive to be "against" them. Maybe if they stopped being belligerent a-holes and actually did some diplomacy to swing the fringes they could actually win a war for once.
[/quote]

:wub:

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295802916' post='2593992']
And? We don't desire power or influence over all others. Power does terrible, [i]terrible[/i] things to alliances, and we don't want to have anything to do with it. As for never fighting outnumbered, it's not our fault that the other side of the web constantly isolates itself by ragging on any fringe alliance that perceive to be "against" them. Maybe if they stopped being belligerent a-holes and [b]actually did some diplomacy [/b]to swing the fringes they could actually win a war for once.
[/quote]

You make it sound like it's all [i]their[/i] fault. Either I am completely clueless or you are on Viridias side of this conflict. And this time, [i]you[/i] are on the side of people not trying to use diplomacy. Your position is very black or white: We are always on the winning side, because the losing side is always wrong and too stupid to try diplomacy and win a war" sounds like an invitation to NPO to knock on your door and "try diplomacy" as soon as they are strong enough to actually win a war.

Edited by Mark Ashton

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1295803562' post='2594003']
You make it sound like it's all [i]their[/i] fault. Either I am completely clueless or you are on Viridias side of this conflict. And this time, [i]you[/i] are on the side of people not trying to use diplomacy. Your position is very black or white: We are always on the winning side, because the losing side is always wrong and to stupid to try diplomacy and win" sounds like an invitation to NPO to knock on your door and "try diplomacy" as soon as they are strong enough to actually win a war.
[/quote]

The only problem that Sparta really has, is they try to pretend as though they're something they're not. They pretend they're excellent warriors, always willing to fight and rah rah rah, but what they actually are, is an alliance that is very good at positioning themselves to be right in the middle of the political landscape, maneuvering in and out of potential trouble, and doing it, almost sight unseen. They're very good at staying hidden, no one ever really pays any attention to them, and that is in no way a knock on them. There's nothing wrong with being adept at any of that.

They just really need to stop pretending as though they're full of warriors, when what they're really full of is ... politicians.