War Propaganda

Teddyyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1296745358' post='2617758']
HHAYD, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. You keep posting these barking mad images and keep thinking they are in some way coherent or effective. It's starting to get sad.
[/quote]
I have a lovely gift for you, if it bothers you that much: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=ignoredusers

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1296746213' post='2617772']
I don't want to ignore him. I'm worried for him. He genuinely seems to have come unhinged.
[/quote]
If you don't like my images, you can either offer some constructive criticism or ignore me.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1296746404' post='2617774']
If you don't like my images, you can either offer some constructive criticism or ignore me.
[/quote]

constructive criticism: create a clear and coherent image that someone can look at and see in less than a second what it is. Make sure your text is short, pithy, and readable. If it's dialogue, make sure it sounds like something someone would say. If it's dialogue from your "bad guy" make sure it sounds like something they have said.

Tell a simple story. If it's a single panel and it takes someone longer than five seconds to understand what's going on, they will just be confused by it. If you're constructing a metaphor, make sure it's one people will recognize. Use words only to support the text. If someone has to read the caption to see what's happening, you haven't communicated well.

If you use multiple panels, have them tell a story. Make sure each image and each word is necessary.

Don't name your characters in their dialogue. People don't announce their names before they speak.

Remember that propaganda of this form is a visual medium. You're trying to create something that people feel, and feel quickly. The longer it takes, the less effective it is.

If you're making it funny, make it actually funny. Nothing kills a piece of propaganda more dead than a failed gag.

In short, make it punchy, quick, and simple. Create an iconic image that sticks with people.

Your various pieces fall down on essentially all of these scores.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1296752000' post='2617834']
[img]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7633/prop18a.png[/img]
[/quote]
This might have been true, except:
A. I haven't heard much about TPF attacking anyone lately.
B. The one TPF nation I'm hitting in retaliation of them Declaring on a fellow Goon hit me with a few bombing and CM runs, but that's it. And they haven't even hit me in the last couple of days with even those.

Now, I know that doesn't mean that you guys aren't necessarily fighting, but I have never, even once, read "Man, this guy from TPF is really sweating me." ever in GOONS private channels.

tl;dr: This type of thing only makes us laugh, but nice try. Maybe you'll get us next time. :smug:

Edited by Feldheim C

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1296747203' post='2617786']
constructive criticism: create a clear and coherent image that someone can look at and see in less than a second what it is. Make sure your text is short, pithy, and readable. If it's dialogue, make sure it sounds like something someone would say. If it's dialogue from your "bad guy" make sure it sounds like something they have said.

Tell a simple story. If it's a single panel and it takes someone longer than five seconds to understand what's going on, they will just be confused by it. If you're constructing a metaphor, make sure it's one people will recognize. Use words only to support the text. If someone has to read the caption to see what's happening, you haven't communicated well.

If you use multiple panels, have them tell a story. Make sure each image and each word is necessary.

Don't name your characters in their dialogue. People don't announce their names before they speak.

Remember that propaganda of this form is a visual medium. You're trying to create something that people feel, and feel quickly. The longer it takes, the less effective it is.

If you're making it funny, make it actually funny. Nothing kills a piece of propaganda more dead than a failed gag.

In short, make it punchy, quick, and simple. Create an iconic image that sticks with people.

Your various pieces fall down on essentially all of these scores.
[/quote]

If you know all that, why aren't you making some propaganda? :huh: Also, I still think HHYAD's is better then that GATO monstrousity earlier in the thread.

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1296766321' post='2618080']
If you know all that, why aren't you making some propaganda? :huh: Also, I still think HHYAD's is better then that GATO monstrousity earlier in the thread.
[/quote]

I've made propaganda and posted it in this thread. However, I'm not an especially good artist and other people make better propaganda than me.

Plus, I'm usually posting from a computer that doesn't have a particularly good graphics program on it. It has GIMP on a half-working flash drive.

[quote name='Feldheim C' timestamp='1296762186' post='2617997']
This might have been true, except:
A. I haven't heard much about TPF attacking anyone lately.
B. The one TPF nation I'm hitting in retaliation of them Declaring on a fellow Goon hit me with a few bombing and CM runs, but that's it. And they haven't even hit me in the last couple of days with even those.

Now, I know that doesn't mean that you guys aren't necessarily fighting, but I have never, even once, read "Man, this guy from TPF is really sweating me." ever in GOONS private channels.

tl;dr: This type of thing only makes us laugh, but nice try. Maybe you'll get us next time. :smug:
[/quote]
OI YOU
Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296782492' post='2618477']
lol DK

Mine:

[img]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/478/propk.jpg[/img]

(As a disclaimer: If I had to choose I'd say I like NSO more than the others in the Hopeless Coalition, and ASU is pretty ok I guess, but I just had to.)
[/quote]

You cleaned your toilet just for us :awesome:

[quote name='The Catalyst' timestamp='1296769569' post='2618206']
OI YOU
Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare
[/quote]

Did you really need [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda"]wiki[/url] to give you a definition of propaganda?

Now guys, lets be fair. HHAYD's last piece of propaganda is significantly better than his earlier work. The text is readable, and the idea is coherent and understandable. It may not be entirely true, or extremely effective, but I have to say it's a giant improvement.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1296787417' post='2618549']
Now guys, lets be fair. HHAYD's last piece of propaganda is significantly better than his earlier work. The text is readable, and the idea is coherent and understandable. It may not be entirely true, or extremely effective, but I have to say it's a giant improvement.
[/quote]

I agree, he at least managed to communicate his message this time.