Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295343389' post='2581009']
I think it's clear that by that point that convincing Impero of anything wasn't high on his list of priorities.
[/quote]

I guess diplomacy wasn't high on his list of priorities either, or keeping his alliance out of war, or anything at all that a responsible alliance leader does.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1295346831' post='2581059']The level and amount of double standards are drowning me. :v:[/quote]
Hopefully you'll be drowning in something else shortly!

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295343587' post='2581012']
Also, the only thing that's hilarious is how people are trying to turn "NpO accepts spy information and casually discusses it, then feigns innocence" as a conspiracy by VE. I'm still wondering how exactly VE managed to make Lennox offer MHA only to have NpO be the one to suggest VE instead. Was VE pulling the strings on NpO to make them frame themselves as well? It'd have to be one heck of a conspiracy by VE when it was NpO's idea to go for VE in the first place.
[/quote]

With their Keystone Kops approach to spybusting, you'd think they'd be flattered.

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1295320831' post='2579754']
No peace for Polar. Disbandment or permanent war.
[/quote]
Ouch! I thought such sentiments were a thing of the past.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1295341076' post='2580961']
To Everyone Else: Nyah nyah nyah.
[/quote]
Best thing I have seen this large thread so far :)

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1295348367' post='2581076']
I am laughing so frigging hilariously hard at VE using spying as a CB. May you never try to use the word honor and Viridian Entente in the same breath ever again.
[/quote]
It will be a pleasure to honour our treaty with VE should it be required.

[quote]20:20 Dajobo|NpO| obviously I would love to see it but I cant condone spying

21:14 Chancy Am I supposed to be taking screenshots of whatever the govt. says, or just everything
21:14 Chancy to make them angry
21:14 Dajobo|NpO| what ever floats your boat
[size="4"][b]21:15 Dajobo|NpO| I'm not part of this just lolling with you[/b][/size][/quote]

The whole Polar alliance was obviously up to no good.

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295331837' post='2580442']
Ragnarok has decided that Polar is in the wrong and that they will not be coming to their defense. Apparently there is some phantom "in the wrong" clause in that MDoAP that I was not aware of when I re-signed it.
[/quote]
So much for this:
[img]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3345/rokpolaris02.png[/img]

[quote name='Penguin' timestamp='1295343252' post='2581006']
It was the next morning when he woke up. And Dajobo, upon realizing the logs were probably real, approached Impero to explain but wasn't soon enough. Dajobo is an extremely nice guy and I imagine anyone who knows him well enough wouldn't have trouble believing his side of the story. Well, I know him and I don't doubt him anyway. That doesn't really matter when you're making a case to people who don't know you, which is pretty essential in alliance politics. I wish he'd been more cautious and hadn't indulged anyone's taboo subjects, but such is the way of things. It's hard for me to be upset with someone for being too trusting.

Aside from that, a lot of people have wanted a war with us for some time, so who am I to complain when the first thing sufficient to rally support is packaged and shipped overnight? That's usually how it goes when you've got enemies a plenty, and I'm sure you'll all be equally understanding [b]when someone who doesn't like you decides to forgo diplomacy.[/b] Personally, I'll just be glad if we can put some of this baggage behind us once people have taken their fill of my fish piles; so much malice floating around just doesn't suit me. Oh and I'm looking forward to some fun wars with good sports too, so if one of you fine folks reading this will do the honor of engaging me that would be swell. Here's hoping we can have some fun and settle some differences on the battlefield like the good ol' days!
[/quote]

Hypocrisy is a beautiful thing. Especially the bolded part. If only your gov had thought about THAT same thing when they ZI'd a nation on LOST's AA without ANY contact whatsoever with LOST gov prior to the hit.

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1295356058' post='2581197']So much for this:
[img]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3345/rokpolaris02.png[/img][/quote]
You don't say. [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=361661]At least Hoo's taking a stand[/url]. Gotta give the man props for that, at least. :)

For shame, Ragnarok. For shame. <_<

Here is how war could have been avoided:

Lennox: OK, got the screen shots. You want 'em?
Dajobo: Good gosh, man, I wasn't serious! Delete those files before someone gets killed over them!
Lennox: But... I... You... VE...
Dajobo: You completely misunderstood me. But you must understand that I cannot gaze upon those. It would start a war... and if it did lead to war, I don't think VE would be dumb enough to attack during peace negotiations or to throw its allies under the bus.
Lennox: Aw, man...
Dajobo: Like my buddy Boston Pete always said, "Well. Those are the breaks, my friend."

Or something like that.

That didn't happen, so now we got us a war.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295357600' post='2581213']
You don't say. [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=361661]At least Hoo's taking a stand[/url]. Gotta give the man props for that, at least. :)

For shame, Ragnarok. For shame. <_<
[/quote]
Want me to let you in on the big secret behind optional aggression clauses?

[quote]
20:33 Chancy I should spy on MHA
20:33 Chancy Just to make them mad
20:33 Dajobo|NpO| nah they aren't the enemy
20:34 Dajobo|NpO| pick domeone worth spying on
[/quote]

Not being worthy of getting spied on?

Best. Strategy. Ever.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295358639' post='2581227']Want me to let you in on the big secret behind optional aggression clauses?[/quote]
Want me to let you in on the meaning of "mutual defense"?

Edit: From the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83488]RoK/NpO MDoAP[/url]:[quote]A. An attack on one of these signatories is an attack on the other. [b]In the event of a defensive war, each signatory is expected to come to the immediate defense of the other militarily, financially, and diplomatically.[/b][/quote]
But hey, what's logic and solid fact in the face of blatant hypocrisy and ignorance?

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295358979' post='2581231']
Want me to let you in on the meaning of "mutual defense"?

Edit: From the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83488]RoK/NpO MDoAP[/url]:
But hey, what's logic and solid fact in the face of blatant hypocrisy and ignorance?
[/quote]
The funny part here is that it isn't a defensive war. Whoops.