Bring It UPN

[quote name='SirBombAlot' timestamp='1294186822' post='2563612']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=377639"]One of them even (Re-)joined UPN...[/url]
[/quote]

He ghosted on the UPN AA... Why would we accept him back? Heh.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1294121109' post='2562778']
Doubtful it absorbed much damage considering most of them declared 3 offensive wars and lobbed nukes at us. The point is that we had ~30 nations nuking us and we still grew more than UPN. That doesn't change whether or not our allies helped us in declaring offensive wars on them.

That's all I'm going to say about this since I don't want to get off topic since this has been going swimmingly thus far.
[/quote]

Meh...UPN has been shrinking for a while now and this is only making it worse...which truly breaks my heart. :awesome:

Edited by ChairmanHal

A late Christmas gift is better than none at all, The natural disaster known as Revenge and now this... 2011 has started off splendidly.

I'd like to take this time to thank everyone involved, Giving Altheus chaos and mayhem as his Christmas gift justs lets him know he hasn't been forgotten and he's still loved world wide :P

[quote name='Expletive Deleted' timestamp='1294172977' post='2563343']
First of all, I don't see proof of the forums ever being down. I don't see proof of Peggy intentionally "deleting" UPN's forums.
anyone.
[/quote]

You sir are not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Peggy didn't "delete" our forums, but she did screw around with our ability to access them. She was the only one with the ability to do so.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1294254781' post='2564573']
You sir are not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Peggy didn't "delete" our forums, but she did screw around with our ability to access them. She was the only one with the ability to do so.
[/quote]

He re-read the topic later and realised he was wrong.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1294254781' post='2564573']
You sir are not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Peggy didn't "delete" our forums, but she did screw around with our ability to access them. [i]She was the only one with the ability to do so.[/i][/quote]

Because UPN not only [i]gave[/i] that responsibility as owner of the domain but continued to give her that power even after she expressed hostility and the desire to [i]not[/i] host said forums any longer.

UPN has no one to blame but their own lazyness and unorganization for allowing that to happen. Smart people would have seen that and moved forums quickly to remedy such a security leak.

Yes what she did is wrong, and very very childish, but allowing her the power to do it is ALL on UPN.

/me shrugs

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1294259880' post='2564631']
Because UPN not only [i]gave[/i] that responsibility as owner of the domain but continued to give her that power even after she expressed hostility and the desire to [i]not[/i] host said forums any longer.

UPN has no one to blame but their own lazyness and unorganization for allowing that to happen. Smart people would have seen that and moved forums quickly to remedy such a security leak.

Yes what she did is wrong, and very very childish, but allowing her the power to do it is ALL on UPN.

/me shrugs
[/quote]

Explain me exactly how were they supposed to be organized when their active government left to Pegasus with that bad excuse for failure that is Peggy. UPN was left in such a state I recall they were asking for friends from other alliances to help them out getting back on their feet. Blaming UPN for not being capable of managing themselves in a circumstance such as this shows nothing but blind hatred and lack of vision - something that seems to be business as usual in Purple. Specially when Peggy had told them they had until the 16th. Peggy gave them her word and she went back with it. Peggy's at fault, not UPN.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1294262544' post='2564675']
Explain me exactly how were they supposed to be organized when their active government left to Pegasus with that bad excuse for failure that is Peggy. UPN was left in such a state I recall they were asking for friends from other alliances to help them out getting back on their feet. Blaming UPN for not being capable of managing themselves in a circumstance such as this shows nothing but blind hatred and lack of vision - something that seems to be business as usual in Purple. Specially when Peggy had told them they had until the 16th. Peggy gave them her word and she went back with it. Peggy's at fault, not UPN.
[/quote]

Aye but then Altheus tried to get PeggySue deleted for some other fail, surely not a clever thing to do when she's hosting your forums, the litany of fail here by both parties is boundless.

Edited by Nobody Expects

/me shrugs
[/quote]

You think we do not regret not acting quicker? Of course we do. The blame is still ALL on Peggy, even though we could of took more measures to prevent this, she is the one who carried this out. I do not see how we were lazy and not organised, considering we had until the 16, and most likely we would of moved by now ( mid this week, ) so again apologies for trusting her word. We did not think she is that vindictive, but yes misplaced trust...

OOC: Despite how Peggy acts IC I did not her expect her to pull a stunt like that, so sorry for having some trust in people. I guess some people cant distinguish the differences between virtual and real life.

[quote]Aye but then Altheus tried to get PeggySue deleted for some other fail, surely not a clever thing to do when she's hosting your forums, the litany of fail here by both parties is boundless. [/quote]

OOC: She nation sat a nation without posting an application for it on the OWF... She also then passed on the account to a friend. Neither is within the rules of the game I thought, and as players do we not have a duty to report them?

Again I repeat, could we have done more to prevent it? Sure... but is that not the case in any crime?

/me shrugs
[/quote]
I wish I was faster too.

Damn you Dexomega.

This is a joke.

Stop playing the blame game, stop worrying about who gets to say "NO U" last and move on. You want to save UPN? You want to make something of it? Then STFU and go do that. Stop what you're doing and think for a second. Move on and make something of yourselves.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1294276041' post='2565062']
This is a joke.

Stop playing the blame game, stop worrying about who gets to say "NO U" last and move on. You want to save UPN? You want to make something of it? Then STFU and go do that. Stop what you're doing and think for a second. Move on and make something of yourselves.
[/quote]

So replying to a totally absurd statement is playing the "blame game" ... even when we clearly acknowledged that we did make mistakes eh. Okie dokey then, think what you wish. I do not think you are in a position to advise how we govern our alliance. What makes me any less eligible to reply than anyone else? Whatever floats your boat. But yeah thank you for your input, we will cherish it.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1294264095' post='2564715']
OOC: She nation sat a nation without posting an application for it on the OWF... She also then passed on the account to a friend. Neither is within the rules of the game I thought, and as players do we not have a duty to report them?

Again I repeat, could we have done more to prevent it? Sure... but is that not the case in any crime?
[/quote]

And it was just an "oversight" that this information was withheld by certain people until they realised they will not get the permission to ZI Peggy as easily as they thought? I am more than certain they had nothing but "fair play" in mind during that time. Surely those people have great consideration for upholding rules and didn't act upon grief when they finally decided to report suspicious activity, no way they would use such a report as a weapon when other methods were failing them.

Edited by ImaNewbie

[quote name='ImaNewbie' timestamp='1294342939' post='2566115']
And it was just an "oversight" that this information was withheld by certain people until they realised they will not get the permission to ZI Peggy as easily as they thought? I am more than certain they had nothing but "fair play" in mind during that time. Surely those people have great consideration for upholding rules and didn't act upon grief when they finally decided to report suspicious activity, no way they would use such a report as a weapon when other methods were failing them.
[/quote]

OOC: No "they" wouldn't and I'll thank you to stop casting unnecessary accusations of our character.