Bring It UPN

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1294159051' post='2563145']
UPN will always do what it feels is right by its members, allies and friends... and we will stick true to ourselves and our word. C'est la vie. I.E We will not stop until we feel Peggy is punished.
[/quote]

The UPN Triums let ego and a wish for vengeance supersede taking care of your members. Peggy and other leaders of Pegasus did the same thing. You satisfied your own desires, but how does bringing war and scorn on your membership as a whole equate to doing what is right for them? If this had escalated, how would that have been doing what is right for your friends? You would have been asking them to put their members on the line because neither side could stop poking the other with a stick.

Alliance leadership takes maturity. And maturity sometimes means tucking your own ego in your pocket. Fight. Get it out of your systems. Then when you're finished, put the sticks down and leave one another alone and allow them to fail or succeed according to their abilities.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1294167650' post='2563251']
The UPN Triums let ego and a wish for vengeance supersede taking care of your members. Peggy and other leaders of Pegasus did the same thing. You satisfied your own desires, but how does bringing war and scorn on your membership as a whole equate to doing what is right for them? If this had escalated, how would that have been doing what is right for your friends? You would have been asking them to put their members on the line because neither side could stop poking the other with a stick.

Alliance leadership takes maturity. And maturity sometimes means tucking your own ego in your pocket. Fight. Get it out of your systems. Then when you're finished, put the sticks down and leave one another alone and allow them to fail or succeed according to their abilities.
[/quote]

This is probably one of the most sensible things I have read in all of these nonsense threads regarding the situation at hand. Props.

Also, UPN, [i]great[/i] blitz to take out this seemingly daunting opponent.

9/12 of the declarations on Bring It were raiders.

[i]Brilliant[/i].

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1294167650' post='2563251']

[/quote]

We satisfied the desires of the alliance. The membership were behind this I can assure you... Heck most wanted to go for Peggy when she pulled the last stunt, and as far as I remember we negotiated that and we came to a deal right? Was the deal ever carried out... No. She refused, and then she went to blackmail Altheus. I made a promise on behalf of the UPN membership that the next time she does something to hurt UPN she will face direct punishment. Well she did, and we decided to take action. After Kev done what he done, we told our allies we don't want them to get dragged into this petty scandal. The only immaturity I showed was leading UPN so close to being rolled and that I was stubborn.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1294167607' post='2563249']
Popcorn world is having a sale 19.99 all you can carry. Highly suggested for 2011 ;)
[/quote]
Thank you for that reference, I'll be sure to bring my new Popcorn Super-Transpo 3000.

[u]Stats
[/u]Top speed: 50mph
Maximum load: Unknown
Modifications: UPN drama dampener, anti-Peggysus de-icers, crossed out 'Bring It' sign (back window), V8 "deadication" uncooled engine.

[quote name='Expletive Deleted' timestamp='1294171679' post='2563324']
Not planning out how you are going to renew your forums =/= Peggy Sue deleting your forums

Good day.
[/quote]

Again don't comment unless you know what's going on. We were going to move this week, we were deciding on whether to go on USN's server, to buy another or go with bros. We planned believe me... thinking we had until the 16th we even started a discussion on whether to use the same forum software, but we were going to move THIS WEEK.

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1294146126' post='2563036']
Honestly, if you had 2 weeks warning, and still didn't move your DB, then you were asking for it.
[/quote]

We didn't. At least not this soon.

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1294171898' post='2563327']
Again don't comment unless you know what's going on. We were going to move this week, we were deciding on whether to go on USN's server, to buy another or go with bros. We planned believe me... thinking we had until the 16th we even started a discussion on whether to use the same forum software, but we were going to move THIS WEEK.
[/quote]

First of all, I don't see proof of the forums ever being down. I don't see proof of Peggy intentionally "deleting" UPN's forums.

All in all, UPN's CB is worse than Batallion's CBs.

Second of all, Peggy Sue left the alliance and joined Bring It and so did all of the government leaders who wanted to protect her from ZI. As far as things are concerned, Pegasus is still an alliance, albeit a microalliance, but it is still an alliance and UPN and her allies are attacking us for no reason.

EDIT: Didn't alter the content, but, for future reference, this post no longer reflects my beliefs and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Edited by Expletive Deleted

[quote name='Expletive Deleted' timestamp='1294172977' post='2563343']
First of all, I don't see proof of the forums ever being down. I don't see proof of Peggy intentionally "deleting" UPN's forums.

All in all, UPN's CB is worse than Batallion's CBs.

Second of all, Peggy Sue left the alliance and joined Bring It and so did all of the government leaders who wanted to protect her from ZI. As far as things are concerned, Pegasus is still an alliance, albeit a microalliance, but it is still an alliance and UPN and her allies are attacking us for no reason.
[/quote]

Read the thread and you will see the proof of the forums being down and intentions. Their gov confirmed the disbandment, hence they are no longer an alliance.

[/quote]

The fact that you choose to ignore the proof does not mean there is a lack of proof.

[quote]Second of all, Peggy Sue left the alliance and joined Bring It and so did all of the government leaders who wanted to protect her from ZI. As far as things are concerned, Pegasus is still an alliance, albeit a microalliance, but it is still an alliance and UPN and her allies are attacking us for no reason.
[/quote]

Would you please show me where UPN has attacked Pegasus nations? The only declarations I see by UPN are on nations flying the 'bring it' AA.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1294173385' post='2563349']
The fact that you choose to ignore the proof does not mean there is a lack of proof.

Would you please show me where UPN has attacked Pegasus nations? The only declarations I see by UPN are on nations flying the 'bring it' AA.
[/quote]

He's probably referring to the flurry of tech raids being launched against Pegasus

[quote name='camerontech' timestamp='1294173576' post='2563350']
He's probably referring to the flurry of tech raids being launched against Pegasus
[/quote]

Well we know that, but apparently it's "UPN and her allies" so I'd like to see some evidence of some UPN nations attacking them (could also get into a debate about whether Athens, PC, and Deja Vu are UPNs allies, but that would probably make my head hurt more.)

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1294173747' post='2563352']
Well we know that, but apparently it's "UPN and her allies" so I'd like to see some evidence of some UPN nations attacking them (could also get into a debate about whether Athens, PC, and Deja Vu are UPNs allies, but that would probably make my head hurt more.)
[/quote]
Sir, i am deeply offended at your insinuations that the aforementioned alliances would EVER associate with UPN outside of a DoW on them

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294175109' post='2563361']
Sir, i am deeply offended at your insinuations that the aforementioned alliances would EVER associate with UPN outside of a DoW on them
[/quote]

I do apologise for any offense I have caused to such a fine moustached gentleman as yourself, my intent was purely to avoid another head-hurting debate about different peoples definition of the term "ally", I hope that no lasting damage has been done to your feelings.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1294173385' post='2563349']

[/quote]

1. I recently read up on the ongoings and I am in agreement with the actions UPN has taken against Peggy Sue.

2. Miscommunication with ex-gov, but we're still being raided for no reason.

3. I apologize for the misconceptions.

EDIT - I saw evidence of Peggy's actions, but not of disbandment. If someone could provide a link, that would be nice.

Edited by Expletive Deleted

[quote name='SirBombAlot' timestamp='1294109298' post='2562542']
So the two leaders of one AA left that AA to start another AA for the sole purpose of declaring war on the AA that the first AA sabotaged their boards.

I am disppoint.
[/quote]

What is this I don't even...

[/quote]
It seems you've read up since posting this, but seriously, bros has all the evidence, it's an open and shut case.

[quote name='Husker' timestamp='1294183853' post='2563564']
One of the Bring It members posted a surrender topic saying that they were tricked by Peggy... Two surrenders already, one to the joined forces of UPN and Athens the other directly to UPN.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=377639"]One of them even (Re-)joined UPN...[/url]