Know your Hegemony

Alterego

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1294077361' post='2562067']
[b]TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > GOONS (PB) >[/b] [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/6qfqbk.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

I now see the atrocity we have become.

Edited by nippy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294057314' post='2561853']
[center][img]http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/bizphotos/435x290/200902/19/49403.jpg[/img][/center]

Have a seat for a second. Look it, I have never seen a bunch of alliances look so !@#$@#$ down when something bad happens. What are you alliances? Like prima donna perfect that if you can't $%&@in' handle adversity? So !@#$'s not going right. It's not $%&@en' working the last two years. !@#$@#$ get your heads out of your ass and !@#$@#$ make it work by outworking this hegemony. You kill two !@#$@#$ blocs (Citadel/C&G), and then we stand around and watch while they !@#$@#$ form Pandora here. !@#$@#$ yous come to the OWF like $%&@in' this and when the power PR play it's not working so you're trying to stick handle, you're looking like this and not standing. Outwork the !@#$@#$ hegemony alliances! If you want it, don't just think you want it. Go out and !@#$@#$ want it. But you're not looking like you want it, you look like you're feeling sorry for yourself. And nobody !@#$@#$ wants anybody that's feeling sorry for themselves. You got time. You're down by one !@#$@#$ shot. Surely to $%&@ we can deal with this.
[/quote]

Very enjoyable. Thanks for this!

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1294080989' post='2562123']
Four MDoAP treaties with these guys doesn't even earn INT a mention as an evil minion, or at least a meatshield? I call shenanigans.

-Craig
[/quote]
[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1294081091' post='2562126']
You seem to be missing other alliances, like IAA who are tied to two "core" members who are a part of C&G.
[/quote]
No disrespect to INT, but this thread is all about attention and drum-beating and I guess the likes of TOP are more convenient for that than better examples like INT or IAA.

[center][img]http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/bizphotos/435x290/200902/19/49403.jpg[/img][/center]

Have a seat for a second. Look it, I have never seen a bunch of alliances look so !@#$@#$ down when something bad happens. What are you alliances? Like prima donna perfect that if you can't $%&@in' handle adversity? So !@#$'s not going right. It's not $%&@en' working the last two years. !@#$@#$ get your heads out of your ass and !@#$@#$ make it work by outworking this hegemony. You kill two !@#$@#$ blocs (Citadel/C&G), and then we stand around and watch while they !@#$@#$ form Pandora here. !@#$@#$ yous come to the OWF like $%&@in' this and when the power PR play it's not working so you're trying to stick handle, you're looking like this and not standing. Outwork the !@#$@#$ hegemony alliances! If you want it, don't just think you want it. Go out and !@#$@#$ want it. But you're not looking like you want it, you look like you're feeling sorry for yourself. And nobody !@#$@#$ wants anybody that's feeling sorry for themselves. You got time. You're down by one !@#$@#$ shot. Surely to $%&@ we can deal with this.
[/quote]
One of maybe two or three good posts from you, ever.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1294073070' post='2562003']
CN hadn't learned that word yet in 2007. Sort of like how it learned the word paradigm last year. Was anyone else sick of seeing that word in what seemed like every other post over the course of 2010?
[/quote]

Or sovereignty in 2009.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1294052547' post='2561811']
*TOPs position as the right hand of MK put them at the heart of New Hegemony despite having no solid ties to C&G or SF
[/quote]
We're in a perfect position to strike at the heart of the beast.

[img]http://ordoparadox.com/top/public/style_emoticons/default/history.gif[/img]

[/quote]

I don't even have to ask. This bro is mad.

[/quote]
Wow Fernando just made a good, witty post. I just don't know what to think anymore.

[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]You sir, are a potty mouth.[/font]

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1294093375' post='2562315']
No alliances in that group have power to do anything other than stagnate the world because none will or can wield it first in any capacity.
[/quote]
Individually no, but when that group moves as one yes.

The problem is not the new hegemony. It's those (us) on the other side that sit on our asses and just complain.

To all that see themselves opposed to the alliances in the OP:

What are you doing about it? I see nothing being done besides these type of topics that accomplish nothing.

What should we do about it? Get over ourselves and join together to reach the one political goal that unites us? Yes, otherwise every time a war breaks out the result will be the same. Either an alliance will fall on their sword and be praised for taking the curb stomp alone or the entire coalition will be curb stomped because many alliances stay out or only fight on fronts where they cannot lose or will be given white peace.

The failure is us alliances that can't seem to reach out. MK went out and got TOP. Big task yes, but they did it. Can anyone name a similar achievement that any of us on the small end of the treaty web has had? Nope, just the same BS and the same complaints. Waiting to see if SF and PB tear each other apart could take a long time [i]IF[/i] it even ever happens. Forge new political alliances. NOT friendships, the $%&@ with that. You don't need to be all cuddly with every alliance in a future coalition. You just need to have the same goal.

What's the goal? Easy, to not be dictated to at every turn. To not be told to pay $15mil/250tech for a damn trade circle gone bad. To not be rolled for $6mil. Sounds like a silly goal, but making topics like this and making claims from a freaking Toad Stool, or some stupid idiotic Carlos Accords ain't gonna get it done.

Open up your FAs and seek out like minded alliances for $%&@s sake.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1294077361' post='2562067']
It's a shame we weren't included, although I can understand why.

Allow me to explain what I mean:

*ahem*

[b][center]VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE (PB) > RoK > NoR > Val > BAPS > TPF > FEAR > NEW > PC (PB) > VE ( PB)[/center][/b]

Neat, huh?

Or, if you prefer, I could set it to music:

[center][i]
This is the war that never ends.
It goes on and on my friends.
Someone started fighting it not knowing what it was,
and they'll continue fighting it forever just because,

(repeat) [/i][/center]
[/quote]
Just to clarify, TPF and FEAR are not treaty partners.

I'm sure there are many other ways to hum the same melody, just using different words.

"New hegemony" is a myth created entirely by Pacifica and its defeated cohorts, and repeated almost entirely by people who do not remember what Planet Bob was like in the years before Karma (or those who would profit by the restoration of the old order).

Look at the incredible effort it takes to construct this fictitious beast: the OP lists more than 20 alliances! Within each there are strong personalities and no clearly dominant, overriding figure. This is not a monolithic entity at all.

The post-Karma world is multi-polar and far more democratic than it has ever been. One alliance doesn't call the shots. More often than not, democratic consensus tends to rule the day. People can speak freely on the OWF without fear that a single comment will get them rolled.

When I read that list, I don't see any hegemons; I see liberators.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='ArneS' timestamp='1294098018' post='2562397']
So you list the members of the major blocs, a couple of their allies, and write "Hegemony" next to it? Thanks for the insightful analysis! :v:
[/quote]
Isn't that all any hegemony is?