Know your Hegemony

Alterego

Thar's a new sheriff in town. The old sheriff was run out for horse rustling, bank robbery and other skulduggery. The new sheriff tries to deny he is the law around town despite laying down the law and stomping those it deems law breakers.

Know your hegemony is a small run down of who is part of the new hegemony, who their associate members are and their close associates. The new world order ladies and germs. Its by no means complete, blocs like NOIR generally roll with this group as do dozens of other alliances.

*TOPs position as the right hand of MK put them at the heart of New Hegemony despite having no solid ties to C&G or SF

[img]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/654/hegemony2.png[/img]

Edited by Alterego

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1294053435' post='2561816']
so who is 18,22 and 26?
[/quote]
buffer, space bar or whatever you want to call it

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1294053635' post='2561820']
...so what was the point of making this?
[/quote]
To show the extent of [s]cross contamination [/s] inter marriage between the main hegemony blocs. There is no opposition to that group so why does it exist besides fear of the bogeyman that keeps it together.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1294054598' post='2561830']
buffer, space bar or whatever you want to call it[/quote]

woulda thought you coulda changed the numbers :)

Edited by Lord Caparo

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' timestamp='1294054907' post='2561836']
Bah... Treatying MK isnt enough for entering the Core <_<

Hey GOONS, treaty please?
[/quote]

Psh, then you'd just move up to associate member. We run this ship like the Mafia - you gotta kill a certain amount of people before you're a Made Man.

[center][img]http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/bizphotos/435x290/200902/19/49403.jpg[/img][/center]

Have a seat for a second. Look it, I have never seen a bunch of alliances look so !@#$@#$ down when something bad happens. What are you alliances? Like prima donna perfect that if you can't $%&@in' handle adversity? So !@#$'s not going right. It's not $%&@en' working the last two years. !@#$@#$ get your heads out of your ass and !@#$@#$ make it work by outworking this hegemony. You kill two !@#$@#$ blocs (Citadel/C&G), and then we stand around and watch while they !@#$@#$ form Pandora here. !@#$@#$ yous come to the OWF like $%&@in' this and when the power PR play it's not working so you're trying to stick handle, you're looking like this and not standing. Outwork the !@#$@#$ hegemony alliances! If you want it, don't just think you want it. Go out and !@#$@#$ want it. But you're not looking like you want it, you look like you're feeling sorry for yourself. And nobody !@#$@#$ wants anybody that's feeling sorry for themselves. You got time. You're down by one !@#$@#$ shot. Surely to $%&@ we can deal with this.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1294057511' post='2561854']
Athens at the top? They couldn't act like they're in the hegemony if their life depended on it.

Really though, what is the point of this? I really am struggling to see it.
[/quote]

if theres enough idiots to believe that Athens is the top dog, then everyone but a select few would believe it.

PB should be at the top for being the biggest bloc. VE should be at the top for being the biggest in PB. Pride, baby.

Also, NOIR has no influence. Sirius has more influence as an ODP bloc because they actually do declare wars for each other.

Edited by MrMuz

Pretty funny how people such as Alterego try to change the definition of "Hegemony" to "group of alliances in power". The real Hegemony was something quite different, and any attempts at conflating the two fall utterly flat to anyone with a modicum of historical knowledge. Yes we're in power, no, we're not all evil enough to behave as you did, I'm sorry.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1294066140' post='2561936']
Pretty funny how people such as Alterego try to change the definition of "Hegemony" to "group of alliances in power". The real Hegemony was something quite different, and any attempts at conflating the two fall utterly flat to anyone with a modicum of historical knowledge. Yes we're in power, no, we're not all evil enough to behave as you did, I'm sorry.
[/quote]
Anyone with a modicum of historical knowledge knows we weren’t part of the old hegemony unlike some members of the new hegemony, namely FOK, Sparta & MHA. Im not trying to rewrite history I just want to point out there is a ruling group and they are so incredibly interwoven with many overlapping treaties and inter bloc treaties it makes this group a genuine but modern version of the superbloc. The kind of superbloc virtually every leader of this group denied would ever exist in any form post karma.

edit: while the world outside this group continues to drop treaties and declutter the treaty web inside the group the inter group treaties continue to be signed

Edited by Alterego

My biggest . . . thing (I can't find a good word) with these alliances is that among them are some real top shelf organizations. Alliances with serious stats, great staff, proven histories. There are alliances in the PB/SF/C&G mess that should be forming and running their own power spheres. I don't understand why some of these alliances prefer to weave themselves into the blanket of nothingness when they could be wielding the only real power: Power over themselves.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1294066140' post='2561936']
[/quote]
Hegemony is a word with a definition. The C&G/PB/SF mess does constitute a hegemony. You're talking about connotations. "Hegemony" has certain connotations from the previous hegemony, and maybe you do or maybe you don't do things the same (I'm not having that argument and I've stayed away from the neo-Hegemony thingin general), but a claim that you are not [b][i]a[/i][/b] hegemony is simply false.

I'm not really sure what the point of this is. Anyone can go look up the members of the three blocs that people think are a conjoined hegemony (and their treaty partners) for themselves.

As I said in another thread recently, the term 'hegemony' is (if you believe the three blocs act as one at least) technically correct, but it's also an attempt to equate the current power brokers with 'The Hegemony' and is therefore a rather base political move. This is particularly the case considering Alterego gives it a capital H in the thread title. It is a term best not used except in reference to the pre-Karma Continuum-One Vision grouping of alliances.

[quote]There are alliances in the PB/SF/C&G mess that should be forming and running their own power spheres[/quote]
We did that. It's called PB.