Know your Hegemony

Alterego

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1294096284' post='2562356']"New hegemony" is a myth created entirely by Pacifica and its defeated cohorts, [/quote]
Nonsense.

Word "hegemony" was not of our design, and that it has been used for the new perceived dominant sphere of alliances, is not of our design either but natural living cycle of a new word that CN learned the past years. A term invented to be used against us in a negative connotation, that you try to escape it now, makes me !@#$@#$ laugh my ass off. Like the goonie leader.

Please, blame us for stuff that we actually did. "Hegemony" nonsense, is not of our propagandist designs. Thanks.

Also, I almost shed a tear at that post. It touched me in special places, you should do more inspiring pieces. :thumbup:

Edited by Branimir

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#FF0000"]*sigh*

Okay, so there is a predominant group of alliances. Why should I care? "Hegemony" was a pejorative political term used to villify Pacifica and her allies when they were in power. Their eager abuse of power and shift in perception is what lead to their downfall. It should come to no surprise to anyone, that the treaty web circa 2008 was just as convoluted, and the old group of predominant alliances included most major alliances. That's how you create a predominant force, is by having more allies than anyone else.

So back to my question, because Altergo's writing is lacking, but is obviously meant to bash the predominant alliances in the world, what is so bad about this hegemony as opposed to the old one?[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1294100195' post='2562425']
[color="#FF0000"]*sigh*

So back to my question, because Altergo's writing is lacking, but is obviously meant to bash the predominant alliances in the world, what is so bad about this hegemony as opposed to the old one?[/color]
[/quote]
It isn't the old one.

When the power switches ask the same question, the answer will be the same...it isn't the old one.

If your not in power it's bad because your not in power. You are right that the only way to change things is to line up allies that can take on the alliances in the OP. Until that happens, this group will remain the main power.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1294098386' post='2562403']
Word "hegemony" was not of our design, and that it has been used for the new perceived dominant sphere of alliances, is not of our design either but natural living cycle of a new word that CN learned the past years. A term invented to be used against us in a negative connotation, that you try to escape it now, makes me !@#$@#$ laugh my ass off.[/quote]

That was actually my point. It was a term fittingly applied to Pacifica, and now being used in shoddy propaganda against the people who first threw it around. The intent of the sophistry is clear: people with no understanding of history are to see that word and come to the conclusion that the "new guys" are just as bad as "old" ones. The problem is that to arrive at this conclusion, one must ignore history -- which is why the only people who fall for it are the ones who didn't live it.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1294098386' post='2562403']
Also, I almost shed a tear at that post. It touched me in special places, you should do more inspiring pieces. :thumbup:
[/quote]

Just don't tell your parents about that.

-Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1294101816' post='2562441']That was actually my point. [/quote]
No, that was not your point. Your point was to make a snip at NPO, in a completely unfounded way. I dont know why, maybe you are just jealous that NPO is the most successful communist alliance on this digital rock, by leaps and bounds.

Our success and history should be your pride, Comrade.

We did not created that term, nor do we actively use it. Do not associate it with us in your pamphlet posts in such a way.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1294103074' post='2562452']
No, that was not your point. Your point was to make a snip at NPO, in a completely unfounded way. I dont know why, maybe you are just jealous that NPO is the most successful communist alliance on this digital rock, by leaps and bounds.

Our success and history should be your pride, Comrade.

We did not created that term, nor do we actively use it. Do not associate it with us in your pamphlet posts in such a way.
[/quote]
It's not "unfounded at all".

NPO is a "communist" alliance? I thought you were Francoist.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1294103879' post='2562471'].....is very ill-informed, arbitrarily put together, and frankly silly.[/quote]
Yeah, that sounds about right how the term is used throughout its history on this digital rock.
[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1294104027' post='2562473']It's not "unfounded at all".[/quote]
We did not created the myth of "hegemony" and can not be blamed for its life after its creators usage.
[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1294103879' post='2562471']NPO is a "communist" alliance? I thought you were Francoist[/quote]
NPO is more communist then any other alliance ever was. And yet, it is Francoist. Ill leave it to you to figure it out how exactly, its a subject of another topic.

[quote]I think it's hilarious that I'm a government member of the alliance second on your list of core members of the New Hegemony.

Can I get some extorted tech over here?[/quote]

Wait, does GR actually have an MK treaty? I mean I may have missed the announcement, but otherwise the OP is wrong. :(

[quote name='JBone' timestamp='1294096068' post='2562348']
Just to clarify, TPF and FEAR are not treaty partners.

I'm sure there are many other ways to hum the same melody, just using different words.
[/quote]

Oh damn.

And yes, I'm sure I could have done the same thing with some other alliances.

Curse you, CN Wiki and your outdated ways.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294100464' post='2562429']
It isn't the old one.

When the power switches ask the same question, the answer will be the same...it isn't the old one.

If your not in power it's bad because your not in power. You are right that the only way to change things is to line up allies that can take on the alliances in the OP. Until that happens, this group will remain the main power.
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]The point that you, and everyone else is missing that hopes to challenge the predominant powers is forgetting an important lesson in history. The overthrow of the Hegemony was as much of a self-destruction as it was destroyed from the outside. It self-destructed because the perception of it by the people involved was altered in a negative fashion, due to the power which it constantly abused. Karma was as much an ethical revolution, as it was a shift in political power. As long as the perception of the predominant alliances is positive, or even apathetic, they will remain in power.[/color]

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1294073070' post='2562003']
CN hadn't learned that word yet in 2007. Sort of like how it learned the word paradigm last year. Was anyone else sick of seeing that word in what seemed like every other post over the course of 2010?
[/quote]

Yep.

For the record, my quick reference list of Planet Bob's "Trying Really Hard to Sound Smart" words and phases:

-Draconian
-Ad Hominem
-Straw Man
-Tongue in Cheek
-Paradigm
-Hegemony

Think of it as a field guide of sorts. When you see one of these words above in a pseudo academic or argumentative context, stop reading.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1294103879' post='2562471']
So TOP is part of the "hegemony" because of it's ties to MK but NpO isn't because of its ties to SF?

The OP is very ill-informed, arbitrarily put together, and frankly silly.
[/quote]

Well he needed some leftovers for his next poll: "enemies of the Hegemony"

Also, Sparta looks like a cocotte. Sleeping with everybody...:gag:

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1294138074' post='2562987']
Yep.

For the record, my quick reference list of Planet Bob's "Trying Really Hard to Sound Smart" words and phases:

-Draconian
-Ad Hominem
-Straw Man
-Tongue in Cheek
-Paradigm
-Hegemony

Think of it as a field guide of sorts. When you see one of these words above in a pseudo academic or argumentative context, stop reading.
[/quote]
Can we add the [i]sub catagory[/i] of "Trying Really Hard to Sound Cool" words and phrases:

-Fellate
-Circle Jerk
-Sucking the Teat of
-Humping the Leg of