Athens Presents:

Rush Sykes

[center][size=18pt]Official Athens Ceremony of Recognition[/size][/center]
[center][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101106121761/cybernations/images/thumb/1/1b/Flag_of_Athens.svg/500px-Flag_of_Athens.svg.png[/img][/center]

Dear Athens Citizens, Friends, Honored Guests...

Today, it is my great pleasure to welcome you all here to this ceremony. We Athenians stand before you today to honor and recognize those people across Planet Bob whom have contributed, both in measurable and immeasurable means, to the success of Athens as a multi-national political entity on our great planet.

Nearly daily, nations come together in a pact of mutual defense, forming alliances that benefit the greater good of each member nation. By and large, however, most of these entities fall by the wayside, either through mishaps of their own, or the howling winds of an unfavorable political climate. Today, Athens stands before you, having weathered these storms, weathered her own missteps, and thrived and succeeded against all odds. That we still stand before you today, is a testament to the fortitude, dedication, and courage of each and every person whom has ever flown the Athens flag.

We, however, humbly acknowledge, that we are not here due to our efforts alone. In short, very few alliances survive and thrive on this planet, strictly on their own. Athens, has had help along the journey. Today marks the long overdue recognition of some of those people, scattered throughout our great planet, whom have markedly and undeniably aided Athens to reach this moment in time.

Some time back, the call went out to Athenian citizens to nominate those people whom we, the citizens of Athens, believe have been instrumental in our success. Following this nomination period, Athenian citizens then voted on those who would receive this recognition. Today, we dedicate this day as a holiday, in honor of all of those nominated, further, we come here, before you, in our beloved Acropolis, to recognize the top vote-getters and bestow upon these 4 individuals, the title of Honored Citizen. Each recipient of this recognition, will receive a ribbon that they may choose to wear in forum signatures, or proudly display on the mantles of their palatial residences within the borders of their own country.

Our 1st recipient today, unanimously selected by Athenian Citizens, is [b]Kamichi[/b] of Ashwinder. Many people, may be unaware, or have simply forgotten, that Kamichi is one of the original founders, of what is today, called Athens. This fact alone, entitles him to this honor, but his deservedness does not end there. Long through his time on this planet, Kamichi has dedicated himself to helping to entertain the masses through his management of the various football championships. It is also, undeniable, to anyone who has come across and had to deal with Kamichi, that he is among the nicest people ever to exist on this planet, with a fresh sense of humor and witty retorts. Athens, is forever in this man's debt for everything from laughs, to our very existence. In truth, Kamichi has ALWAYS held the title of honorary citizen of athens, today, however, we sanctify this title before all of Planet Bob , for now, into posterity. Thank you Kamichi, for everything.

Ladies and gentlemen of Planet Bob, our 2nd recipient today, probably moreso than any others, needs no introduction. [b]The Neverender[/b](better known to the masses as [b]Archon[/b]) of Artolia, may single-handedly wield the most respect of any man on this planet. This, however, pales in comparison to the respect, love, and gratitude this man has amongst the citizens of Athens. It is no secret, that in times past, we have not always chosen the best path for the things we wished to accomplish. To Archon, however, it mattered not. The friendship and loyalty that he showed to us during the best of, and worst of times equally, has forever endeared him to this, and through our teachings, future generations of Athenian citizens. It is with zero doubt, that we recognize, we would not be where we are today without this man's friendship, advice, and exemplary leadership. Forever, in his debt, we are. Thank you Archon, for everything.

It is no secret to the denizens of this world, that Athens has grown to where it is, through merger and acquisition. One of the most vital links, in the chain that forges what is today, Athens, is an alliance named Heroes of the Union. Our 3rd recipient, may single-handedly be the man who saved HotU from early demise. That man is, [b]AirMe[/b] of Maedonia. An early political misstep made by a fledgling government, nearly brought HotU down. Out of literally nowhere, AirMe stepped up to help. His diplomatic efforts, not only saved HotU, but it served as a learning opportunity, and a guidepost to Athens present Archon Eponymos, Rsoxbronco1. It is often joked, that AirMe made Rsox, little does he know(or alot does he know, maybe), this is a pretty true statement. One thing Athens prides itself on, is its roots. AirMe, like a gardener with a green thumb, cultivated and raised this particular root. We, as a people, are forever in his debt for doing so.

It has long since been a running contest of good intention, between Athens and Sparta, about who exactly is Best Greece. The brotherhood of our two alliances, would seem natural at the outset. However, the political situation of this planet, in our formative days, left our 2 alliances squarely on opposite sides of the proverbial fence. Somewhere along the line, a relationship would have to form, if that fence were to be bridged. Enter [b]Tulak Hord[/b] of the nation Tulak Hord. When friendships from the other side were nearly impossible to cultivate, this man pursued and secured friendship with the Athenian people. The Athens-Sparta relationship crossed boundaries of hate between two sides of the treaty web, and forged a brotherhood of Greek culture, that to this day, stands as a testament to the fact that lines on a web, cannot deter a friendship that is meant to be. Without the efforts of Tulak Hord, the Greek culture on Planet Bob, might have lay forever seperated by the cruel twists of the political whirlwind. For your friendship, for your courage to cross lines, we, forever recognize your efforts Tulak Hord.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the four recipients of the title of Honored Citizen. To each of you fine men, I present you with :

[center][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e353/y498yates/cybernations/athens_ribbon2.png[/img][/center]

And this brings us to the big moment of recognition for these men. Im sure that many of you watching this ceremony have noticed the 4 tarps in the theatre of the Acropolis. Athens searched the world far and wide, to find the best sculptor our dongs could buy, and commissioned him to, forever, enshrine statues of these 4 men within our hallowed sanctuary. It is now time for that unveiling. Athens, and myself personally, would like to thank Yates from ODN, at this time, for his hard work on these sculptures.
[center][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/zx07m1.jpg[/img][/center]

Edited by Rush Sykes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1289940723' post='2515025']
[b]The Neverender[/b](better known to the masses as [b]Archon[/b]) of Artolia
[b]
AirMe[/b] of Maedonia.

[b]Tulak Hord[/b] of the nation Tulak Hord.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the four recipients of the title of Honored Citizen.

[/quote]

I do not know the first recipient so i will not comment on this person.

As for the second, third and fourth recipient i have to hand it to you folks that you most certainly know how to pick some of the more controversial persons currently on planet bob.

It is a good show of Athens to give out awards to those not in their alliance, shows their respect to people even in other alliances.

I however think AirMe is probably more important than he is made out to be in this thread so far. Even though I have had my problems with him, he is a very competent person and leader which will hopefully bring more to the field than he already has.