An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289890000' post='2514246']
It's not [i]supposed[/i] to go anywhere. That's the entire point.
[/quote]
So uh, why post a thread about something between only you two that did not involve a third party?

This is usually one of those things you just hear about as a rumor on IRC and go "meh."

Like I said, I really feel out of character saying this, but there really isn't any reason to post this on the OWF. I mean, you can post whatever as an announcement, but I just don't see the reason for this.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1289890286' post='2514257']
STA kicked Voytek out of MK's embassy on our boards. Somehow, that managed to not make it to it's own post on the OWF.

Funny, that.
[/quote]
He deserved it, his posts were completely unhelpful. Nice try though!

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1289890149' post='2514252']
So uh, why post a thread about something between only you two that did not involve a third party?

This is usually one of those things you just hear about as a rumor on IRC and go "meh."

Like I said, I really feel out of character saying this, but there really isn't any reason to post this on the OWF. I mean, you can post whatever as an announcement, but I just don't see the reason for this.
[/quote]

Well now it's just one of those things you just hear about in an alliance announcement and go "meh."

We never said that people had to take this incident and view it as MK trying to pass on some of its "bad PR" to NPO, but that won't stop people from going there. It's simply an incident that occurred between two fairly important alliances. The more you know.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289890149' post='2514251']
Its a public reaction to something minor that NPO would have reacted to. You can hardly react the exact same way and go to war for it because you took them down for doing things like that.
[/quote]

If we reacted in the same way NPO has in the past we would be at war right now. We have responded differently.

This was actually outlined in the op.

[quote name='Scorbolt' timestamp='1289890348' post='2514261']
If we reacted in the same way NPO has [b][size="4"]in the past[/size][/b] we would be at war right now. We have responded differently.
[/quote][quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289890069' post='2514248']
Not really. They're neither a challenge nor a threat. They can't even run a proper FA department anymore, let alone an international coalition.
[/quote]
Ah, so you guys ARE just trying to divert attention away from your $%&@ ups and trying to put attention on the big bad NPO.

NPO, being mean again :rolleyes: MK grow the $%&@ up.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1289890252' post='2514256']
I for one am glad MK is taking the high road here by refusing to escalate this incident. NPO you should take note of how a true [b]hegemony [/b]handles their foreign diplomacy.
[/quote]
They surprise attack people for a 6 month old manufactured CB without attempting even one second of diplomacy.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289890391' post='2514264']
They surprise attack people for a 6 month old manufactured CB without attempting even one second of diplomacy.
[/quote]
When was this and why would you make this up?

[quote name='Scorbolt' timestamp='1289890348' post='2514261']
If we reacted in the same way NPO has in the past we would be at war right now. We have responded differently.

This was actually outlined in the op.
[/quote]
You only reacted because its something NPO made a big deal of in the past that was outlined too. "Hey NPO didnt like this before so I guess we dont too"

[quote name='Enrage' timestamp='1289890381' post='2514263']
Was this thread really necessary? Even micros don't announce this sorta stuff :P
[/quote]
The public has expressed an insatiable hunger for news regarding the Kingdom's affairs. The public gets what it wants.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289890357' post='2514262']
Ah, so you guys ARE just trying to divert attention away from your $%&@ ups and trying to put attention on the big bad NPO.

NPO, being mean again :rolleyes: MK grow the $%&@ up.
[/quote]

You know you really convey your maturity and intelligence when you have to resort to every announcement we make with vulgarity and childish antics.

And you tell us to grow up.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1289890331' post='2514259']
Well now it's just one of those things you just hear about in an alliance announcement and go "meh."

We never said that people had to take this incident and view it as MK trying to pass on some of its "bad PR" to NPO, but that won't stop people from going there. It's simply an incident that occurred between two fairly important alliances. The more you know.
[/quote]
Well obviously that's what you would say. Nobody says "oh hey, we're doing this for PR."

And it's an incident that's fairly unimportant, or at least, should be relatively unimportant. It's not really a surprise that MK doesn't like NPO considering your prince has said such multiple times.

I mean, honestly speaking, a milestone thread would be of more worth than this.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289890516' post='2514270']
The public has expressed an insatiable hunger for news regarding the Kingdom's affairs. The public gets what it wants.
[/quote]
I think the majority has made a mistake then. :mellow:

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1289890149' post='2514252']
[/quote]
Historically threads such as that have attracted a lot of attention.

EDIT: In fact, the majority of the threads here are the same.

Edited by Ryuzaki

Mushroom Kingdom's OWF Crisis Response Emergency List

1. Flood the boards with hails to MK's awesome decision making
2. Scapegoat NPO

All I've seen so far is these two. Maybe with all of MK's recent business we'll finally get to see #3

Edited by Rebounder

[quote name='CobaltShine' timestamp='1289889310' post='2514228']
Interesting how this drama is being made by some other alliance, don't you think? It's also interesting when one thinks of the possibility that this is just an attempt to pass the bad-PR-ball.

Also, I second Dochartaigh:
[/quote]

Unless you believe that we conspired to have the NPO censor or otherwise create problems for our diplomats, I fail to see how we can be held accountable for inciting this dispute.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1289890535' post='2514273']
Well obviously that's what you would say. Nobody says "oh hey, we're doing this for PR."

And it's an incident that's fairly unimportant, or at least, should be relatively unimportant. It's not really a surprise that MK doesn't like NPO considering your prince has said such multiple times.

I mean, honestly speaking, a milestone thread would be of more worth than this.
[/quote]
You're missing the point where NPO kicked out two MK diplomats for very little provocation. If anything, this shows NPO's hatred towards MK.