An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Ardus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289890069' post='2514248']
Not really. They're neither a challenge nor a threat. They can't even run a proper FA department anymore, let alone an international coalition.
[/quote]

That's why I said "wants".

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1289890667' post='2514276']
Historically threads such as that have attracted a lot of attention.
[/quote]
Wait, threads between just the two parties? I agree if that's the case. Which is why I don't believe this is to avoid attention. I don't believe MK is telling the full story, though if they are then NPO did something stupid (no surprise amirite?).

I'm just seeing a callout. It looks like PR. I realize this will be met with responses of "It's just because we're MK and people will post just because we do." I agree, but if that's the case, there's really no reason at all to post threads about stuff you aren't going to do.

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1289890696' post='2514277']
Mushroom Kingdom's OWF Crisis Response Emergency List

1. Flood the boards with hails to MK's awesome decision making
2. Scapegoat NPO

All I've seen so far is these two. Maybe with all of MK's recent business we'll finally get to see #3
[/quote]
You forget Archon :rolleyes:

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1289890702' post='2514278']
Unless you believe that we conspired to have the NPO censor or otherwise create problems for our diplomats, I fail to see how we can be held accountable for inciting this dispute.
[/quote]
Your diplomats can be at times very vulger and very unprofessional. Just sayin'

So what vaunted alliance will get the privilege of hosting the Mushroom Interest Section during this diplomatic row? Shall the neutrals gain the honor?

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100120034145/cybernations/images/thumb/f/f0/Gpaflag.svg/250px-Gpaflag.svg.png[/img]

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289890505' post='2514268']
You only reacted because its something NPO made a big deal of in the past that was outlined too. "Hey NPO didnt like this before so I guess we dont too"
[/quote]

The point is that if we can understand their actions by the precedent they themselves have set for them we understand them to be of a somewhat more severe nature. In light of this, the retraction of our other ambassadors is likely to prevent the issue to continue to heat up.

Envoys of the kingdom deserve some respect if they are maintaining proper decorum. This announcement also serves to show we hold our kingdoms foreign representatives in high esteem and will support them when faced with maltreatment based on past affiliation.

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1289890730' post='2514280']
You're missing the point where NPO kicked out two MK diplomats for very little provocation. If anything, this shows NPO's hatred towards MK.
[/quote]
No, we are not missing the point. We are all laughing at yet another poor decision by MK.

Go get Archon to sprinkle his magic words to make this ok again. Woodshed for the lot of you.

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1289890730' post='2514280']
You're missing the point where NPO kicked out two MK diplomats for very little provocation. If anything, this shows NPO's hatred towards MK.
[/quote]
So what?

I do not post an alliance announcement thread about that. I get some guy to post in World Affairs saying "Oh it looks like NPO hates MK."

Everybody already knows that.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1289891059' post='2514295']
So what?

I do not post an alliance announcement thread about that. I get some guy to post in World Affairs saying "Oh it looks like NPO hates MK."

Everybody already knows that.
[/quote]
All I see is you stating obvious PR moves by a political giant. You really should just accept that anything said by anyone is a PR move and move on with your career. It's just too obvious you see.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1289890908' post='2514289']
Wait, threads between just the two parties? I agree if that's the case. Which is why I don't believe this is to avoid attention. I don't believe MK is telling the full story, though if they are then NPO did something stupid (no surprise amirite?).[/quote]

Generally speaking I prefer to preempt possible points of contention by getting out all the facts and addressing them appropriately. If there were relevant facts I'd have included them in the OP or provided them shortly thereafter.

For all those people who go "this only concerns two parties, meh", nobody is forcing you to respond here either. Virtually all events posted here only concern two parties directly: treaties for example. Hell, some of them (milestones or birthdays) only concerns one.

This is an IC event and it affects two alliances. I believe it's normal to let others know about it.

[quote name='Scorbolt' timestamp='1289891000' post='2514292']
The point is that if we can understand their actions by the precedent they themselves have set for them we understand them to be of a somewhat more severe nature. In light of this, [u]the retraction of our other ambassadors is likely to prevent the issue to continue to heat [/u]up.[/quote]
The moral of the story is people can edit posts and boot ambassadors without it being a major issue. Thats the point yeah?

edit: If you didnt want this to heat up why did you go public and bring up what they would have done years ago?

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1289891244' post='2514299']
All I see is you stating obvious PR moves by a political giant. You really should just accept that anything said by anyone is a PR move and move on with your career. It's just too obvious you see.
[/quote]
Not everything is a PR move though. Alliance announcements can announce changes in alliance policy, treaties, mergers, etc. I mean, you can take those things to be PR, but they are not inherently made for PR, that just comes as a side effect. An alliance like MK doesn't just post threads with irrelevant information as an announcement from the entire alliance.

Anyway, all I'm doing is discussing if this is PR or not which is pointless. I'll just hope that NPO makes this thread worth reading or something.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289891005' post='2514293']
No, we are not missing the point. We are all laughing at yet another poor decision by MK.

Go get Archon to sprinkle his magic words to make this ok again. Woodshed for the lot of you.
[/quote]

How your alliance continues to allow you to post is beyond me.

This outrageous behaviour will not stand; I am withdrawing the Rerollapaloozan recognition of Polaris' red colony as soon as I can get my diplomatic staff out of bed.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289890943' post='2514290']
Your diplomats can be at times very vulger and very unprofessional. Just sayin'
[/quote]

How dare you address the Right Honourable Quiziotle in such ungrammatical wise?

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1289891485' post='2514306']
Anyway, all I'm doing is discussing if this is PR or not which is pointless.
[/quote]
Please stop screwing with my head [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/psyduck.gif[/img]

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1289890702' post='2514278']
Unless you believe that we conspired to have the NPO censor or otherwise create problems for our diplomats, I fail to see how we can be held accountable for inciting this dispute.
[/quote]

That isn't the belief that I hold. Rather, I feel this topic was not necessary.

This issue is completely between MK and NPO. While MK did not start (or perhaps did, I don't really care) this dispute, this thread simply amplifies the drama caused.

I highly doubt something was made from nothing for no underlying reason. Considering recent PR issues, it's easy to guess at what the underlying reason would be.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1289891549' post='2514308']
How your alliance continues to allow you to post is beyond me.
[/quote]

Because his alliance doesn't censor speech? Because his posts are entertaining, maybe and just maybe because there is some truth to them...

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289891484' post='2514305']
The moral of the story is people can edit posts and boot ambassadors without it being a major issue. Thats the point yeah?
[/quote]

Actually, yeah that's pretty much the point. Though we disapprove of their treatment of our envoys.

[quote name='Scorbolt' timestamp='1289891819' post='2514317']
Actually, yeah that's pretty much the point. Though we disapprove of their treatment of our envoys.
[/quote]
Ok so you went to the OWF as an alliance and made a big deal about a minor issue of no consequence.

[quote name='Scorbolt' timestamp='1289891819' post='2514317']
[/quote]
Don't forget too that NPO IN THE PAST would have rolled to war over something like this, but the wonderful and good people of MK will not. NPO is bad, MK is good. We get it. kthxbai.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289892019' post='2514321']
Ok so you went to the OWF as an alliance and made a big deal about a minor issue of no consequence.
[/quote]
Stop and think to yourself, "Who is making the greatest issue out of nothing?"
It's you. You're making this a big deal.