Alliance Recruiters

Belmont

Ok first off I really hope this is going in the right place, if not could a moderator be so kind as to put it in the appropriate place?

I represent a group of players looking to come over to Cyber Nations from another game. Best estimate is 6-12 players in total. We are all completely new to the game, a few of us have already started countries more will come later. I've received about 20 recruiting messages so far promising everything from 1 billion dollars,the cure for cancer, various female and/or animal companions, you get the idea. However I really don't want to make this decision based on a form letter so what I am going to do is list here what we offer and our intentions and what we are looking for ideally in an alliance and then let you give me your best argument for why we should join yours.

What we offer

A group of veteran players from another alliance based game. All of us have played for years, in my case almost 11, almost exclusively together. We know the ins and outs of alliance play and politics and should adapt to CN quickly and painlessly. Most of us have held leadership roles at one time or another in various roles both internal and in foreign affairs. We are all fairly active and will do everything we can to step up our activity if need arises. We are all older now so we have more nagging distractions like RL, so don't expect 24/7, the game is our life, activity but we won't just up and disappear in 2 weeks either.

What we are looking for

I'll be straight up we are looking to split off and reestablish our own alliance sometime in the future, but it is not going to be tomorrow or next week and it will not be until we know we are strong enough to stand on our own. If this is acceptable to you then we are off to a good start. We prefer a laid back atmosphere for the most part. We know what rules are and how to follow them but we are not looking to sign up for the military either. We prefer to play primarily a peaceful game, war is very time consuming, and while we have no objection to the occasional dust up we are not looking to be at war constantly. You don't have to be the biggest and baddest, but we are not looking to bulk up the membership of your week old start up alliance either. We understand that in order to someday go out on our own we are going to need good friends we can count on and the more well connected you are the better off we will be when that day comes. The ability to teach us the game should be a given here, I'm sure we will catch on fast but it's a lot easier to catch on when you have someone giving you the cliff notes as opposed to reading the game manual and figuring it out from there. We are not fond of bully alliances, they are the reason we are leaving the other game we play and the reason that game is dying. If your idea of fun is beating on other small alliances or individual players until they quit the game then your alliance is not the place for us. Asserting your authority is one thing but knowing when enough is enough is just as important as how big a stick you carry.

That should about do it. So if you are interested give me your best pitch and we'll go from there. Feel free to ask any questions as well. If it makes a difference I think we are all in orange right now but I'm sure that can be changed if need be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBh, I don't know if my alliance would be a good place for you or not. We're one of the fastest growing alliances in the game, but we're not the kind of alliance where everything is moving squeeky clean.

My advice to you would be to get on IRC and work out an agreement with another alliance so that you can make sure all your friends are accepted.

Every alliance culture is different in CN, for instance my alliance, the Random Insanity Alliance, we try to strike a balance between enjoying ourselves, having fun and not taking things very seriously, and strengthening the alliance and being prepared to defend our allies from harm.

We're surprisingly well organized considering being orderly and doing what people tell you to do isn't exactly what RIA is about, though I suppose that's not surprising when you think about it, a freer alliance needs to be more organized to make up for the additional rights and freedoms members enjoy.

I think virtually everyone who has been an RIAer can attest to the fact that an active and competent player can rise quite quickly to lower, middle and even upper government in RIA, though the fact that they are accountable to the RIA electorate means they can't really "enjoy" that authority the way appointees in a dictatorship do.

Another thing you may not have considered is that in CN you can actually form your own alliance but sign a protectorate agreement, where the protector will protect you from the vicious state of nature that exists for most unaligned on this planet and allow you to grow your alliance to the point where it can stand on it's own. Considering you plan on starting with a fair bunch of guys, this might actually be the preferrable route for you and your guys.

[quote name='Belmont' timestamp='1288835414' post='2501427']
(...)We prefer to play primarily a peaceful game, war is very time consuming, and while we have no objection to the occasional dust up we are not looking to be at war constantly.(...)
[/quote]

Green Protection Agency or The Democratic Order are the right alliances for you.

If you are looking for an alliance to join to learn to learn the ropes of game mechanics as well as get a run down of the political atmosphere within CN, then Sparta would be a great place for you all. We are one of the largest and most powerful alliances in the game, so Sparta is a perfect place to learn the ins and outs of every aspect of alliance management in CN. If you would like to join up to learn how CN works feel free to head on over to [url=http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/index.php]www.cnsparta.com[/url] and apply. In addition, when you do break off to form your own alliance, Sparta would love to be able to foster your growth as a protectorate. You have a long road ahead of you, but I know sparta can make it a little easier for you ;)

-Hyp

Hyperion knows what he is talking about. He wrote a series of guides for warfare once, that took two hours to go through, and was the basis for my own beginners set of guides. We have the knowledge to really set you up for what ever future you plan on in this game. Also, we have guides for every aspect of this game. Not just war. We are more than just knowledge though. We are a community where friendship and camaraderie are more important than pixels in the game. We are loyal to each other and those we ally with, to the end. Many protectorates have been started by our members, and many more fledgling alliances have been protected by us. If your interested in joining, or just curious to learn more about us, come on over to [u][url=www.cnsparta.com]www.cnsparta.com[/url][/u]. We look forward to seeing you there.

Edited by ARC Captain

To add onto Hyperion. Sparta is going through a lot of changes, and a couple players like yourselves could get in easily. This will help you learn the ins, and outs for alliance life as well as helping your individual nations. We have a lot of veteran players with time to help you guys out!

Every alliance basically has advanced guides, so that would not be something you'll have a problem with. Our alliance is in the Black Sphere which is one of the biggest sphere's so getting trades will be nice, and easy for you. Like Hyperion said its a long road, so come check Sparta out at our forums www.cnsparta.com or on IRC at #cnsparta

Edited by PatBrown1413

I have to agree with ARC.

We're all about community and friends. It is a game, after all, and you want to have fun, but playing with friends adds an added element of entertainment. Not only do we strive to create friendships within Sparta itself, we ally ourselves with like minded friends in other alliances. We also, as mentioned before, have a history of not only helping our own members create their own alliances, but help them with protection while they grow.

I'll throw it back out there, http://www.cnsparta.com

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1288837815' post='2501454']
Every alliance culture is different in CN, for instance my alliance, the Random Insanity Alliance, we try to strike a balance between enjoying ourselves, having fun and not taking things very seriously, and strengthening the alliance and being prepared to defend our allies from harm.

We're surprisingly well organized considering being orderly and doing what people tell you to do isn't exactly what RIA is about, though I suppose that's not surprising when you think about it, a freer alliance needs to be more organized to make up for the additional rights and freedoms members enjoy.

I think virtually everyone who has been an RIAer can attest to the fact that an active and competent player can rise quite quickly to lower, middle and even upper government in RIA, though the fact that they are accountable to the RIA electorate means they can't really "enjoy" that authority the way appointees in a dictatorship do.

Another thing you may not have considered is that in CN you can actually form your own alliance but sign a protectorate agreement, where the protector will protect you from the vicious state of nature that exists for most unaligned on this planet and allow you to grow your alliance to the point where it can stand on it's own. Considering you plan on starting with a fair bunch of guys, this might actually be the preferrable route for you and your guys.
[/quote]

Agreed and RIA is the best choice for you guys. Sparta just bumrushed this topic :P

Honestly you are going to hear the same stuff here that you heard in the recruitment messages, but more long winded since theres no character limit :) .

World Federation is the fastest growing alliance and we have alliances were currently protecting. We have had 3 split offs, 2 of which are still alive/successful today. We were started by one person, who was completely new to cybernations, and had no clue what he was doing. He knows what its like to learn this game in order to found a successful alliance, and I'm sure he can help you out.

If you want to check us out come to www.WorldFed.net and check us out. Or #wF on irc. We use the coldfront server, along with most CN alliances.

P.S. the thing about GOONS being nice guys is sarcastic/a joke .. they aren't bad people, but they are as far from nice as you can be.

Making a "Recruit Me" topic on the OWF is like throwing chum in a shark tank.

If you'd like someone to outline the various options available to you without interjecting a "me, me ME, pick ME!" you can drop me a PM. That includes an informed evaluation of the relative value of any offers you get.

Otherwise, you can probably get a sense of things by picking through the feeding frenzy.

Well, since TDO and GPA tend to shy away from even "the odd dust-up," I was more inclined to recommend someone like World Task Force, who isn't connected, but as 10.10.10 proved, isn't afraid to let its members get their hands dirty once every so often as long as it isn't something completely idiotic. They might be a little too apolitical for your tastes, but they'd be my first recommendation for an alliance to give a try.

Other alliances that might suit your MO are alliances like TOOL (my alliance :P), Sparta, MHA, World Federation, Nueva Vida, Dark Templar, The Brigade, and the like.

Finding your new home is not the easiest thing to do. The Order of the Black Rose is one of the oldest and most respected alliances on Digiterra. The the alliances that compose the Rosular Kingdom are: Order of the Black Rose - Diplomacy, Blackwater - Military, Realm of The Rose - Economics. While our treaties are few and carefully chosen, our friends are many. Within the Rosular Kingdom, the Realm of the Rose is a great place to just hang out, learn the ropes of the game and grow your nations. Best of all the original intent of the Realm of The Rose is precisely what you are looking for: an alliance incubator. While many decide to go ahead and find a protectorate and begin their alliances immediately, RoTR is already geared up to help you get your new alliance on its feet.

Our forums are at www.BlackRoseOrder.com I will be happy to grant your visitor's mask so you can have a better look around. If you would like to chat more in person, please either PM me here or I can be found at #blackroseorder on IRC :)

Wherever you choose to call home, we wish you the best of luck!

Your best bet would be to check out the CN Wiki, read up on some alliances and go interview their governments on IRC when you get some free time. In all honesty it would be your best bet. Some research into prospect groups should be a given for any player wishing to join an alliance.