Alliance Recruiters

Belmont

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1288847239' post='2501631']
Anyone advertising their own alliance just wants you to sell them tech.
[/quote]

And finding an alliance that can ensure that these new nations have filled slots each cycle would probably be at the top of my list...since you're looking to move on eventually, try to find an alliance that is fairly well-established, has a competent tech-dealing program, and has a reasonably high average NS (and thus, in all likelihood, more in-house buyers than sellers).

While it isn't too difficult to find buyers wherever you end up, it doesn't hurt to be somewhere where the bulk of the work is taken care of by someone who knows what they're doing; tech-dealing is going to comprise the bulk of your income for the first couple months, so you don't really want to end up in a free-for-all where you're scrambling every ten days to get cash.

Do not join iFOK. We are not interested in people that feed on our knowledge and cash reserves and then move out. I think UPN would be the right choice for you. You can infest them and take them over from the inside. Once you have done that, you can smash it against a brick wall and do everyone a favor.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by kriekfreak

I was going to initially say you should come to Tetris, using our high activity level for our size as a point. Then I got to the last paragraph... I say you just form an alliance and seek protection from UPN or a similar alliance. I agree that you'd fit in well over there.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1288837261' post='2501449']
Just start the alliance now, and look for a suitable protector.
[/quote]

I would concur. Get some protection and get going on your own!

If you are starting an alliance it would really be good for your leadership to get to know the rules. CN has [i]lots[/i] of rules.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1288857767' post='2501717']
Do not join iFOK. We are not interested in people that feed on our knowledge and cash reserves and then move out. I think UPN would be the right choice for you. You can invest them and take them over from the inside. Once you have done that, you can smash it against a brick wall and do everyone a favor.

Thanks for listening.
[/quote]

I laughed imedietly then stopped, paused and realised that is actually a pretty legitimate plan. I actually think when you do leave you could splinter half of UPN off with you and get your new project rolling with some numbers if nothing else.

Also do you guys role play a lot? if you do id actually recomend the order of the black rose mentioned above given your description of how you like to play. If you dont role play heavilly maybe someone else in the neutral sector like GPA etc

WTF, GPA, TDO and GOP are your best bet.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1288838951' post='2501476']
Green Protection Agency or The Democratic Order are the right alliances for you.
[/quote]

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1288857767' post='2501717']
Do not join iFOK. We are not interested in people that feed on our knowledge and cash reserves and then move out. I think UPN would be the right choice for you. You can infest them and take them over from the inside. Once you have done that, you can smash it against a brick wall and do everyone a favor.

Thanks for listening.
[/quote]

Both the above posts are in line with my view here.

<_<

I would personally make a vote for GPA to learn nation building and avoiding major conflicts until you have your bearings.

On a blatant self serving note GATO is pretty awesome to :awesome:

[quote name='Michael Schumacher' timestamp='1288837948' post='2501457']
And alert GOONS when you do.
[/quote]

[quote name='lionheart' timestamp='1288838073' post='2501458']
What ever you do do not alert GOONS. Unless you want their protection.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1288840570' post='2501505']
If you're not looking for a bully alliance, I heard GOONS was quite the CN-niceguys. They despise bully alliances.
[/quote]

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1288841949' post='2501525']
P.S. the thing about GOONS being nice guys is sarcastic/a joke .. they aren't bad people, but they are as far from nice as you can be.
[/quote]

Definitely listen to some of these people. All of part of them are incapably adept at providing false truths.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1288864181' post='2501747']
Also do you guys role play a lot? if you do id actually recomend the order of the black rose mentioned above given your description of how you like to play. If you dont role play heavilly maybe someone else in the neutral sector like GPA etc
[/quote]

I am still surprised that so many believe that the OBR is heavy on roleplay. Yes, we so have a few that do, but they are actually in the minority and it is typically reserved only for the formalities. Our main requirements are Honor, Integrity, Respect, Maturity (not age dependent) and activity. Our member's ages range from 14 to 58 with the majority over 30.

Getting on IRC and actually talking with both government members as well as those who are not will be your best bet. You should feel that you are comfortable and confident in the alliance you choose. :)

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1288841949' post='2501525']
World Federation is the fastest growing alliance and we have alliances were currently protecting. We have had 3 split offs, 2 of which are still alive/successful today. We were started by one person, who was completely new to cybernations, and had no clue what he was doing. He knows what its like to learn this game in order to found a successful alliance, and I'm sure he can help you out.

If you want to check us out come to www.WorldFed.net and check us out. Or #wF on irc. We use the coldfront server, along with most CN alliances.
[/quote]

From what you listed and the alliances that have responded thus far, IF you want a larger alliance, I'd go with World Federation. Looking at it from a totally political standpoint (i.e. in addition to the fact that they are cool people), here is why:

1.) They are a larger Green Team alliance. Green team has the reputation for being more "neutral" at this point. I suggest your members be green based on your stated goals, so might as well move into an alliance with that team color (or if you are set on being a specific color - find the one that fits best with you in that area. But make sure you know the political landscape in that color)

2.) They have few political commitments right now, but a fair number of friends. (aka: Viridian Entente is their only Mutual Defense Agreement - ONLY one is rare, most large alliances have a ton. However, note that "defense" is defined oddly in my opinion in that you may end up "defending" VE because they attacked X alliance and Y alliance attacked them back in "defense" of X alliance and now you're "in" because you have to "defend" VE. Don't ask me why...that's what "defense" means UNLESS you have a non-chaining clause.)

3.) They are not tied in to any "side" of the "treaty web" by reputation. Being a newer group, they haven't made any enemies yet. (at least not that I know of...and people are usually NOT shy about stating it if they have an issue with a group.)

4.) You got an invite to start talking, even knowing you're planning on leaving eventually. This is a huge deal! Often alliances do NOT want to put effort into a group of people they know have other long-term plans. Short sighted, I know. It's how it goes.

The other option is that you find a smaller group that is already protected and move in with them. Go for a group with a membership between 10 to 50. You might find you get along and thus have a larger group in the long run, which is generally a good thing here. You could combine this suggestion with my suggestion above and join World Federation's Protectorate - Disciples of Abaddon, (even though they appear to be black team - but that's not a bad thing either) assuming THEY are cool with that. Best of both worlds.

If you want to go the smaller alliance route and want some other suggestions, I have a lot of contacts in that area so PM me.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1288870723' post='2501788']
Definitely listen to some of these people. All of part of them are incapably adept at providing false truths.
[/quote]
Who knows what to think :psyduck:

[quote name='Kirke' timestamp='1288872921' post='2501812']
I am still surprised that so many believe that the OBR is heavy on roleplay. Yes, we so have a few that do, but they are actually in the minority and it is typically reserved only for the formalities. Our main requirements are Honor, Integrity, Respect, Maturity (not age dependent) and activity. Our member's ages range from 14 to 58 with the majority over 30.

Getting on IRC and actually talking with both government members as well as those who are not will be your best bet. You should feel that you are comfortable and confident in the alliance you choose. :)
[/quote]
Just going out on a limb here, but the role play label most likely stems from the fact that the Rosular Kingdom are represented by your diplomacy branch, ie the Order of the Black Rose. I've only ever seen Hime Themis make any announcement on behalf of OBR and she is heavily into role play.

Need I say more?

[quote name='Kirke' timestamp='1288872921' post='2501812']Getting on IRC and actually talking with both government members as well as those who are not will be your best bet. You should feel that you are comfortable and confident in the alliance you choose. :)
[/quote]

This would be my advice as well.

Understanding the type of people you are around is key, because for this game - if you haven't figured this out yet - the overwhelming majority of the game itself is from the community; the game itself is relatively slow paced and boring.

Interactions between the players, both on this forum, alliance forums, and IRC are what keep people here - not the game itself.

If you are interested in learning more about GPA (as several people have suggested here) feel free to stop by our forums ([url="http://forums.cn-gpa.com/"]here[/url], shoot me a PM, or find us on IRC - let me know if you have no idea what IRC is :-)

Take a look at the various Green Team alliances. Most of these alliances are committed to a stable environment and once you feel you're ready to branch out on your own, there will be no shortage of friends in other alliances that will be committed to your safety through Green unity. As mentioned before, the GPA may be a good alliance to speak to if you haven't already.

Good luck.

one option would be to start your alliance now, and file for a protectorate status.

secondly i recommend GPA, as one of the oldest alliances in the game that is neutral.

good luck to you wherever you end up.

Edited by Manis B

GPA = Green Protection Agency by the way.

If you ever need to search an acronym you can put it in [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page]here[/url]

P.S. WorldFed is a better option than GPA ;)

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I don't see the point of joining a neutral alliance if they still enjoy the odd dust up every now and then. That's what CN is - the odd just up every now and then. Then again our dust ups are usually massive but they don't happen anywhere sooner than 6 month intervals [i]if that[/i]. They would be fine to join any non-neutral alliance and get just enough war for their tastes.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1288883067' post='2501894']
Take a look at the various Green Team alliances. Most of these alliances are committed to a stable environment and once you feel you're ready to branch out on your own, there will be no shortage of friends in other alliances that will be committed to your safety through Green unity. As mentioned before, the GPA may be a good alliance to speak to if you haven't already.

Good luck.
[/quote]

basically this, green team in general has stable and friendly alliances (GPA, VE, wF, Symphony and of course, Tetris ;) ) so can't go wrong on green team (Tetris if you want the laid-back, we have 'Pollard' as our alliance head - how much more laid back can you get :P)

I seriously recommend taking Delta up on his offer, one of the most experienced leaders in the game (now that the leader of TOOL stepped down he must be coming close to longest continual leadership position in the game?) and more than capable of providing you with an objective outlook using his knowledge.

I literally just saw more Sparta posts in a row than I have seen posts from them, total, in over a week. The hilarity only gets better when you realize they are seeking to recruit people who have already announced they do not intend to remain in the alliance. The fact that they start talking protectorate before having had any serious discussions with the people in question is just the icing on the cake.

IRC FTW!

Also make sure you don't mention: [i]"I'll be straight up we are looking to split off and reestablish our own alliance sometime in the future"[/i] in your application.

Although welcome to Cybernations, glad to have some more players, bring moar :P.

Hi Belmont, and welcome to CN.
You posted a really good introduction and I hope that, whatever you will do and wherever you will go, you'll remain in CN for long time.

Considering your post, the right starting place for you can IMHO be the Mostly Harmless Alliance.
The MHA enjoys a very laid back environment, with many experienced players that spend their time to teach the game to their fellows. They're not generally engaged in alliance-wide wars (only once or twice a year) and, while playing the political game (they're not neutral), they're not scheming and plotting obscure conspiracies as others do all the time. They're currently the largest alliance in the game and they're quite liberal about the members that leave them: they can take the splitting off of a few members from time to time.
Of course, they and everybody else expect that one puts some real effort in her/his presence while there.

It's anyway very difficult to really [i]learn[/i] the game if you just take and you never give, as the really important part of this place is the social interaction. Wherever you go keep in mind that everything you'll be able to give will come back to you multiplied (either in good or evil, that's up to you).

As so many mentioned the Green Protection Agency («The Place To Be In 2010(tm)» - thanks guys! :) ) I'll add that to be in the Agency you must accept "integralist" neutrality and you shall expect to be almost exclusively focused on internal matters.
We have a "severe" admission procedure and strict laws about what a member can do and where s/he can do it, when it comes to interaction with other alliances. If you can accept these restrictions you'd find that we have a warm and friendly environment, otherwise I go back to my suggestion about the MHA - which is large enough and "liberal" enough to be (almost) "for everybody".

Good luck for your time in CN and, as said, I hope you'll stay for long.

Edited by jerdge