A GOONland Public Notice

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1288241973' post='2494950']
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS has just corrected it. It is not five tech deals, but fifteen hundred. That'll keep Methrage busy for at least a year or two.[/color]
[/quote]
Oh come on, you can do better than this.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1288241774' post='2494946']
at the very least, he's stuck for 2 months.
[/quote]
We're using five slots at a time, and giving him a free 6m. Also with his wonders and improvements he still turns a decent profit. What exactly is he losing out on? Are there people lining up to give him huge sums of cash for free? Besides the 6m he's already getting from us?

The rate is steep, but profitable for Metherage with even a moderate amount of skill.

And a $6m bonus to lift him out of bill lock?

Though GOONS is certainly getting the better cut, it doesn't stop this from being mutually beneficial. Metherage will be free in about 80 days time. As far as peace terms go, these are good terms to receive.

Edit: Oh, right, sorry.

:(( GOONS :((

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Bloodjewel' timestamp='1288239699' post='2494890']
GOONS is truly a merciful alliance.
[/quote]
[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1288244755' post='2494997']
Thus ends the reasonably hat trick.
[/quote]

Oh gawd, they're back to the 'merciful' and 'reasonable' line again -_-

You know, the people that are somehow still finding something to complain about in this peace settlement might want to pause and engage in some critical self-reflection. Do you [i]really[/i] think frothing at the mouth and criticising every move GOONS make, good or bad, is fostering sympathy for your cause? Do everyone a favour and save the moral crusade for when it's actually justified.

[quote name='tarman2010' timestamp='1288248387' post='2495022']
Such harsh terms. How dare you give him the ability to turn a profit?!? A viceroy would have been so much nicer.
[/quote]

We would have but the ViceRage/MethRoy factions didn't get the paperwork turned in in time.

GOONS, these are horrific terms for someone who's done no more than have the decency to stand up to you bullies time and time again. I cannot believe you would make him do 1500 tech deals nor can I believe that he would accept these terms. I hope he righteously throws them off as soon as GOONS becomes too preoccupied to deal with him. And do you think a paltry sum of aid will buy off the public outrage of the world court that is the OWF?

Congrats on peace to both parties. Congrats to GOONS for the skillful way you countered multiple aggressors rouge and otherwise on multiple fronts. It doesn't count coming from me, but GOONS has been impressing me for several months now and continue to do so.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1288250384' post='2495034']
GOONS, these are horrific terms for someone who's done no more than have the decency to stand up to you bullies time and time again. I cannot believe you would make him do 1500 tech deals nor can I believe that he would accept these terms. I hope he righteously throws them off as soon as GOONS becomes too preoccupied to deal with him. And do you think a paltry sum of aid will buy off the public outrage of the world court that is the OWF?
[/quote]

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1288239605' post='2494889']
Terms are simple: 1500 tech [b]via[/b] deals[/quote]

Reading: It's important! Apparently they weren't simple enough.

And public outrage has mattered since...when?

Edited by Smittay

[quote name='Smittay' timestamp='1288254008' post='2495057']
Reading: It's important! Apparently they weren't simple enough.

And public outrage has mattered since...when?
[/quote]

Normally I would keep my mouth shut on this one as I have a few friends in the GOONS, plus it gives me a chance to finally say this, but maybe you should look at NoFish's AA, realize he is allied to you, and he is more than likely being rather [i]sardonic[/i] in his tone about the entire situation towards those that would actually consider these terms harsh. :awesome:

Edit: Grammar

Edited by BloodFury

Why exactly does Methrage alone get such terms?

I mean, shouldn't he have to just do some mercy board business?

He agreed to it I suppose. I don't think I know of a rogue who single-handedly had to pay so much though. I am probably just remembering wrong.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1288256691' post='2495063']
Why exactly does Methrage alone get such terms?

I mean, shouldn't he have to just do some mercy board business?

He agreed to it I suppose. I don't think I know of a rogue who single-handedly had to pay so much though. I am probably just remembering wrong.
[/quote]

Because Methy pretty clearly demonstrated he couldn't follow instructions. For fifteen pages. Twice. Plus the likelihood of him actually coming out with anything funny and/or entertaining were slim to none.