Another Imperial Announcement

Skippy

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1288053120' post='2493196']
Same... But Skippy + Bern had other ideas. But hey no one forced you to read it.
[/quote]
Which is one of the reasons why I didn't. However, trimming the fat of the treaty web is always a good sign.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1288053226' post='2493198']
If you feel that your time is that precious/important, then it begs the question of why you're choosing to spend it here, of all places? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Because of nation work that is due tomorrow.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1288053353' post='2493200']
[color="#0000FF"]Did you really sign a treaty because a member in each of your respective alliances liked each other? How stupid. Using that logic, should the GOONS sign a treaty with NSO because of Nippy's undying admiration for me?[/color]
[/quote]
It's actually the complete opposite. If you knew the situation, you'd know that at that time, Bern and Elrich *did not* get along at all, whereas Arrnea and myself are good friends. So it was all the more amusing to put up a treaty like this. The desired effect was reached, and that was all that was required.

Edited by Skippy

[color="#0000FF"]Using that logic, should the GOONS sign a treaty with NSO because of Nippy's undying admiration for me?[/color]
[/quote]

Whatever makes your day. It'd be amusing and create some laughs, at the very least.

Best of luck, TIO, I love you all :wub:

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1288051385' post='2493158']
Had to happen, good luck SOS, good luck Meshy :P
[/quote]
[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1288051495' post='2493160']
Sad to see this. I've always been quite fond of SOS, and more so now that Bern and Meshy are in it again.
[/quote]
:wub:

[color="#0000FF"]Did you really sign a treaty because a member in each of your respective alliances liked each other? How stupid. Using that logic, should the GOONS sign a treaty with NSO because of Nippy's undying admiration for me?[/color]
[/quote]
As stated, it was sort of the opposite. So by this logic GOONS and NSO should sign a treaty because they despise each other, and make it so it's only optionally honorable if the members of each alliance who hate each other the mot agree to consider it. It would be an awesome treaty :D

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1288057539' post='2493243']
needs. more. attention.

this was a joke 'treaty,' it hardly needs a cancellation.
[/quote]
No, it was not a joke treaty. We both signed it recognizing that we would honor it if the conditions for it to be honored were met.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1288056730' post='2493234']:gag: SoS :gag: [/quote]
I'm not quite sure who this SoS is. I think there was an alliance by that acronym, perhaps the 'Sultans of Swing'? Or something like that.

Of course, you could mean the SOS Brigade, but their acronym is [b]SOS団[/b], which is completely different.

[quote name='GearHead' timestamp='1288079941' post='2493455']So, the entire treaty hinged on the relationship of two people? That seems...like a worthless treaty. :mellow: [/quote]
The treaty was mostly tongue-in-cheek in execution but actually useful in practice.

Kinda sad to see no paper between our alliances now, but this treaty really did have to go. Perhaps we'll sign again in the future.

Skippy :wub:

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1288080985' post='2493462']
I'm not quite sure who this SoS is. I think there was an alliance by that acronym, perhaps the 'Sultans of Swing'? Or something like that.

Of course, you could mean the SOS Brigade, but their acronym is [b]SOS団[/b], which is completely different.

The treaty was mostly tongue-in-cheek in execution but actually useful in practice.

Kinda sad to see no paper between our alliances now, but this treaty really did have to go. Perhaps we'll sign again in the future.

Skippy :wub:
[/quote]

I dunno about signing a treaty. I don't want to risk getting called out for wanting attention again. Those kind of comments hurt, you know? :rolleyes:

Your costume is confusing Arrnea. I almost thought you were Bern for a minute. :psyduck:

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1288084343' post='2493469']I dunno about signing a treaty. I don't want to risk getting called out for wanting attention again. Those kind of comments hurt, you know? :rolleyes: [/quote]
Your avatar speaks otherwise. :awesome:

Ha! I love that clause. It's so pretentious and well, stupid, but quite effective as once the morons that wrote the treaty are gone, you're not stuck with it. The brutal norm responds underneath the orient dictatorship. The secret ruins TIO under the mum. Around a sufferer progresses the funnier conjecture. A musician dodges across SOS. Can a matrix leak within TIO? Congrats to TIO for being rid of this. You always seemed too, well, competent for SOS anyway.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288116945' post='2493642']Ha! I love that clause. It's so pretentious and well, stupid, but quite effective as once the morons that wrote the treaty are gone, you're not stuck with it.[/quote]
Actually, you completely missed the point of the treaty. The point was that Bern and Elrich [b]hated[/b] each other.
I was the one who wrote the treaty as a kind of joke based on this and the SOS Brigade is still very much stuck with me, thankyou very much. ;)

You got [i]two[/i] attention calls out of a joke treaty! Good job!

[quote]The brutal norm responds underneath the orient dictatorship. The secret ruins TIO under the mum. Around a sufferer progresses the funnier conjecture. A musician dodges across SOS. Can a matrix leak within TIO?[/quote]
Quoting this for hilarity in case what you said in the Hallowe'en thread is true and nobody actually reads the middle of the paragraph :D

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1288184895' post='2494227']So you signed a treaty that stated it was only active when two members that hated each other were in the opposite alliances, and when that obstruction to your relationship was removed the treaty was automatically cancelled? It may just be the most retarded thing I've ever seen.[/quote]
The treaty was automatically [b]suspended[/b] when those two people left, not cancelled.

It has only just been [b]canceled[/b] now by TIO (to be honest, SOS would have gotten around to it sooner or later).

I'll say it again, [b]this was mostly a joke treaty[/b].