Best Protectorate you've ever had

Enrage

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1284053292' post='2447779']
None of which was under the alliance affiliation of Ordo Recolitus. By the time whatever happened that you are talking about everyone who mattered had already departed from the heap that was OV.
[/quote]
Okay, you bring up a good point. OR was good throughout its life, the more I think of it...as long as I see it as OR dying with the merge. The name is tarnished to me, but as I am all but retired I don't hold an OOC grudge and I'd talk to you guys on IRC whenev.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1284059892' post='2447878']
*words*
[/quote]
Too old for spin, spare me. That war didn't work out for you, but fortune was on your side the next round, so its strange that you obsess over that war.

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1284065998' post='2447979']
How does sarcasm work!?!?
[/quote]
No !@#$, really? Its just bad that our detractors even have a protectorate failure that spectacularly bad to point to.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1284086979' post='2448383']
Okay, you bring up a good point. OR was good throughout its life, the more I think of it...as long as I see it as OR dying with the merge. The name is tarnished to me, but as I am all but retired I don't hold an OOC grudge and I'd talk to you guys on IRC whenev.
[/quote]

Now I can definitely agree with that.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1284067408' post='2448009']
TPF spied on someone? Your mission was to pull in the other side and when the other side came in we didnt see you lot for the dust you kicked up running away.
[/quote]

Lol you keep thinking that man. You keep thinking that.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1284067408' post='2448009']
TPF spied on someone? Your mission was to pull in the other side and when the other side came in we didnt see you lot for the dust you kicked up running away.
[/quote]

Actually, TPF's wonderful allies waited until peace was negotiated before finally declaring war.

It's because they're cowards.

[i]I don't think anybody mentioned the [b]Guru Order[/b] yet.[/i]

I won't go as far as to saying that they were "the" best protectorate during the time I was in the MHA but they certainly were (and are) a well organized and successful alliance.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1284102132' post='2448669']
Actually, TPF's wonderful allies waited until peace was negotiated before finally declaring war.

[/quote]

Totally. Completely.

OR, this might be a big OR, maybe it took delays to get people to peace mode to allow for TOP and Co. to completely devastate the other side's upper ranks as an opening act?

Theres these thing called facts, and they aren't on your side when you go and make a ridiculous statement such as that. Not to mention that Athens et. al. seemingly had no interest in white peace until the declarations of war and support caused the forums to crash, after which, they seemed interested in such.

Edited by memoryproblems

[/quote]

That is complete and total !@#$%^&* and if someone were to say that to my face I'd make sure they'd regret it. Cowards? The Zenith membership almost rioted over being told to wait. We were all chomping at the bit and every day we were ready to go and every day we were told to wait until the green light. So we did, and when we finally got to mobilize, peace was declared right out from under us. It was infuriating.

Cowards?! Phht, I oughtta....

Anyway, the topic isn't about this subject, but if your going to be outright slanderous Mathias, I'll make sure you get your facts straight about at least one of TPF's allies involved.

Edited by Kzoppistan

I'm willing to admit that maybe certain alliances memberships were ready to go at the first sign of war, but the people running the show dropped the ball and let TPF get curbstomped while shouting "TOP WON'T LET US DECLARE!"

If you had such a brilliant strategy, then you wouldn't have ended the war right after you declared.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1284126186' post='2448806']
If you had such a brilliant strategy, then you wouldn't have ended the war right after you declared.
[/quote]

On this, I agree completely. I was baffled and angry at the sudden conclusion to peace negotiations. I do think the strategy was sound (brilliant? :shrug:), and was ready and willing to roll tanks and see where the chips fall, but iirc, I believe peace was agreed upon without much consultation of the TOP planners. Again, a testament to how cohesion, shared vision/goals, and clear communication is more and more important the larger the group of participating alliances becomes.

On thing I learned from that whole debacle was that it's best to insert yourself (assuming you are the leader/delegate of an alliance) into the highest decision making body or else distance yourself from the operation entirely and work independently, else risk the PR backlash (as you noted) by being painted with the same broad stroke of incompetence as those in command.

Anyway, enough derailing of the topic from this quarter.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[/quote]
Anyone who can organise a quick retaliation involving dozens of alliances at that time [ooc]christmas[ooc] is a credit to their alliance [ooc]has no life[ooc]

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1284140328' post='2448918']
Anyone who can organise a quick retaliation involving dozens of alliances at that time [ooc]christmas[ooc] is a credit to their alliance [ooc]has no life[ooc]
[/quote]

It's one thing to not have a quick retaliation, it's another to take a week to defend your allies. Besides, it wouldn't have been that difficult to organize a retaliation, considering most people have off work/school around Christmas.

Edited by Mathias

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1284126186' post='2448806']
[/quote]

Ending the war requires BOTH sides to agree to it, yes? My recollection of that time right after the peace was declared was an enormous surge of anger and confusion on both sides of that conflict from anyone who was not directly involved in the peace talks. :P

Mathias - I got kicked out of our war channel because I was so pissed off with the decision to sit and wait. When TPF declared peace, I gave Airikr, second in command in TPF, a piece of my mind. (Which admittedly is very small).

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1284143418' post='2448937']
It's one thing to not have a quick retaliation, it's another to take a week to defend your allies. Besides, it wouldn't have been that difficult to organize a retaliation, considering most people have off work/school around Christmas.
[/quote]

It is also the most-traveled time of the year.

Hey, our allies were ready to fight 100% as we were jumped the first day. However we requested they wait for a coherent strategy to come into play, at the time all leadership of the alliance was pretty much out on holiday. Our allies never left our side for a minute, we on the other hand didn't want to let a bunch of disgruntled traitors cause the destruction of all our allies and their allies. In the end TPF remains and was in good enough shape to kick the crap out of WAPA a few weeks later, our allies strength was preserved, and Zero Hour is gone and dead.