Best Protectorate you've ever had

Enrage

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1284143418' post='2448937']
It's one thing to not have a quick retaliation, it's another to take a week to defend your allies. Besides, it wouldn't have been that difficult to organize a retaliation, considering most people have off work/school around Christmas.
[/quote]
You are a credit to your alliance

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1284140328' post='2448918']
Anyone who can organise a quick retaliation involving dozens of alliances at that time [ooc]christmas[ooc] is a credit to their alliance [ooc]has no life[ooc]
[/quote]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1284013844' post='2447442']
You know when someone who actively hates your alliance can revel in a protectorate that actively worked against its protector for a huge chunk of its existence...yeah...
[/quote]

Hey, OR (Ordo Recolitus] was with TORN 120%... remember the WotC blitz? Epic.

It was when both me and Chief went inactive along with a bunch of other people in the alliance that things drifted, then OR merged with JCon to form Ordo Verde... that was when the rift occurred. I know the whole thing with OV+Karma (and probably before that) was awful for TORN on many levels, but I'd hate for you to distort your view of Ordo Recolitus based upon that :/

Hell, even now, with TORN being towards the opposite side of the web (which is apparently the basis for how opinions are to formed here in case you weren't aware :P ) I'd still list TORN among my top 3 favorite alliances ever. (which, for the record, are VE, OR and TORN in no particular order btw)

edit: Woody, just read your previous posts since the one I quoted. As long as you see OR =/= OV I'm happy. You were our MommaWoody, the best kind of woody there is

Edited by Tungsten

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284154980' post='2449107']
Mathias - I got kicked out of our war channel because I was so pissed off with the decision to sit and wait. When TPF declared peace, I gave Airikr, second in command in TPF, a piece of my mind. (Which admittedly is very small).
[/quote]

I was in that channel as TSI MoW and you also sat there along with quite a few others boasting on how you were gonna rock the socks of the other side.

Decimation was a word thrown about which today makes me LOL.

I actively pushed for TSI to enter and every time I was denied.

In short that war room was scary un-organised, it was like 10 chickens running around with no heads. It was absolutely horrific viewing. I mean really bad. (Yes I still have they irc logs)

I would disagree about them all being cowards. like zenith says, they were itching to go in, along with TSI we were ready to roll immediately and were always stone walled by so called mill com.

but yea horrific room to be in that week really bad, it was so bad it was funny.

Also FOA FTW :P

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1284200163' post='2449703']
I was in that channel as TSI MoW and you also sat there along with quite a few others boasting on how you were gonna rock the socks of the other side.

Decimation was a word thrown about which today makes me LOL.

I actively pushed for TSI to enter and every time I was denied.

In short that war room was scary un-organised, it was like 10 chickens running around with no heads. It was absolutely horrific viewing. I mean really bad. (Yes I still have they irc logs)

I would disagree about them all being cowards. like zenith says, they were itching to go in, along with TSI we were ready to roll immediately and were always stone walled by so called mill com.

but yea horrific room to be in that week really bad, it was so bad it was funny.

Also FOA FTW :P
[/quote]

Maybe that was after the first couple of days but later on I was kicked and told to hold on as I hated waiting so much.

And speaking of headless chickens, didn't you go running after Ikke like one? Boom, roasted.

Well when people are passing on information, I'd deem that worthy of inspection. Boom roasted lol, hardly.
This is how the conversation went.

Me: Okay TSI are ready to rock and roll tonight.
Room: Yea were gonna utterly destroy them, they wont know what's hit them.
Me: Okay really, were ready to rock and roll.
Room: Aww man this is going to be awesome.
Me: Okay whos in charge?
Room:[Shrugs] someone is, erm I don't know, where is LM?
Me: Okay then.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1284208421' post='2449743']
Well when people are passing on information, I'd deem that worthy of inspection. Boom roasted lol, hardly.
[/quote]

So leaving TSI and being their MoD to attack Ikke who is in another alliance by going rogue using second hand information, you realize that I was one of those that passed on said information right?, is your form of "inspection?" Good job, wonder how much information you got out of him.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284208613' post='2449745']
So leaving TSI and being their MoD to attack Ikke who is another alliance by going rogue while passing on second hand information, you realize that I was one of those that passed on said information right?, is your form of "inspection?" Good job, wonder how much information you got out of him.
[/quote]

Leaving TSi over the blasé attitude to it yes correct. Attacking Ikke? I never declared on Ikke or attacked him. And yes I'm well aware you were the person who queried me, I still have the logs. Your point being?

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1284208960' post='2449748']
Leaving TSi over the blasé attitude to it yes correct. Attacking Ikke? I never declared on Ikke or attacked him. And yes I'm well aware you were the person who queried me, I still have the logs. Your point being?
[/quote]

For fear of going too much off topic, I don't think we should continue to discuss this here.

In your bio after you left TSI it read, "I'm coming for you Ikke!" or something to that extent. Also I don't believe that I queried you directly with the information, though I could be mistaken that was like how long ago?

[quote]Me: Okay TSI are ready to rock and roll tonight.
Room: Yea were gonna utterly destroy them, they wont know what's hit them.
Me: Okay really, were ready to rock and roll.
Room: Aww man this is going to be awesome.
Me: Okay whos in charge?
Room:[Shrugs] someone is, erm I don't know, where is LM?
Me: Okay then.[/quote]

Yeah that pretty much was what happened. Then we were told everyone not in the top tier head to peace mode, in response MK and co. put their top tier into peace mode. It was a dance with no actual dancing, just maneuvering.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284209190' post='2449752']
For fear of going too much off topic, I don't think we should continue to discuss this here.

In your bio after you left TSI it read, "I'm coming for you Ikke!" or something to that extent. Also I don't believe that I queried you directly with the information, though I could be mistaken that was like how long ago?

Yeah that pretty much was what happened. Then we were told everyone not in the top tier head to peace mode, in response MK and co. put their top tier into peace mode. It was a dance with no actual dancing, just maneuvering.
[/quote]

Yea, you queried me with the information. My memory is good.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1284049083' post='2447713']
ACV were as good as I've seen.
[/quote]
Fake edit: I was about to say "but they never had a protectorate" but then I remembered MHA and laughed. :lol1:

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1284066565' post='2447993']
As to the OP, I'd have to say my favorite was House Atreides, simply for the sheer role-play potential and the guys behind it. Unfortunately RL struck it down before it could really take flight, though if the crew ever comes out of retirement...[/quote]
If by retirement you meant Atreides had disbanded, I'm afraid you're mistaken. They are still very much around.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1284066565' post='2447993']
I was also very fond of Nevermore.

Lately, TRaPS and TNG look to be very successful.
[/quote]
I concur. :wub: TRaPS and TNG

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1284082088' post='2448291']
How about a better... or perhaps different question.

How many successful alliances have outlasted their former protectors?
[/quote]
Well, the NADC semi-splintered off of OIN who has been gone for quite some time...

As to the OP, I'd say that RE was probably the best protectorate we've ever had, though we've not had the best stretch of protectorates. Two of our worst were probably Vox Populi 1.0 and ACDC (which I believe both had RV in them lol).

The best (only) was the temp protection we gave to SUN, I'm happy to see how well they grew in those few days.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1284209190' post='2449752']
[/quote]
I wish he would have.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1283995063' post='2447196']
We have had so many good ones its hard to say. Numbers wise, WF is the most successful in modern times, but pretty much all of our protectorates have had some real stand out leaders and qualities.
[/quote]
Andromeda was a VE protectorate.

That said, NAC for us. It's not even close. Some of the others... well The Huns was probably the worst.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1284301078' post='2450919']

That said, NAC for us. It's not even close. Some of the others... well The Huns was probably the worst.
[/quote]

Heh, well Ephriam certainly did "stand out", no?

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1284301078' post='2450919']

[/quote]
Oh God, don't remind me. :facepalm:

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1284306683' post='2450988']
Heh, well Ephriam certainly did "stand out", no?
[/quote]
Yes, in the "appallingly bad" category.

I swear, the only difference between that kid and noWedge was that noWedge was more competent.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1284310172' post='2451055']
Oh God, don't remind me. :facepalm:
[/quote]
Hey they were great for laughs at least. Remember the fun! :D

Definitely Zero Hour. They actually looked like they were going to succeed right up until the end. Of course they left us with the kind of parting gift that makes a stripper in a cake look underwhelming so I'll forgive them for falling apart.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that bigwoody, londo, mhawk, AUT, kzop, and a couple others gave me great laughs in this topic.

1 full week of sweet retribution for a whole history of crap: has there ever been a better present to wake up to on Christmas warning?

Edited by rsoxbronco1

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1284359013' post='2452066']
Definitely Zero Hour. They actually looked like they were going to succeed right up until the end. Of course they left us with the kind of parting gift that makes a stripper in a cake look underwhelming so I'll forgive them for falling apart.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that bigwoody, londo, mhawk, AUT, kzop, and a couple others gave me great laughs in this topic.

1 full week of sweet retribution for a whole history of crap: has there ever been a better present to wake up to on Christmas warning?
[/quote]

i don't even get a honorable mention... no entertainment factor included in the decision making?