Best Protectorate you've ever had

Enrage

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1284015488' post='2447453']
Oh come now Woody, we both know things weren't always like that. Adverse interests in the waning days of treaty? Maybe. Actively working against while under protection? Certainly not. I still look back fondly on that period.
[/quote]
Not all, but a huge chunk of the time. I wasn't exaggerating.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1284025494' post='2447500']
Almost? :smug:
[/quote]
Yeah, you pushed it too hard and had to white peace out.

Unless you're saying you protected Polar, an alliance that actually did win you a war.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='grahamkeatley' timestamp='1284032836' post='2447537']
Hands down in my opinion as well. No disrespect intended to any other Protectorates, FnKa getting a big shout out here from me. But Argent were both an amazing Protectorate to work with, and they are a stand out alliance at present too.

GK
[/quote]

Awww :wub: u guys n girls too

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1284048972' post='2447711']
In VE: ArGo, hands down.
[/quote]

Least I'm not the only one showin love there lol .. Rest of VE just wants to claim CNC/GOD - can't blame them tho, while it may not be all the most ideal impacts (personally speaking), they've certainly made probably the biggest impact of any protectorate of Viridia ..

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1284043725' post='2447656']
Not all, but a huge chunk of the time. I wasn't exaggerating.
[/quote]

None of which was under the alliance affiliation of Ordo Recolitus. By the time whatever happened that you are talking about everyone who mattered had already departed from the heap that was OV.

Tetris' one and only protectorate is Misfit Nations, and they are pretty cool.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1284051856' post='2447763']
Least I'm not the only one showin love there lol .. Rest of VE just wants to claim CNC/GOD - can't blame them tho, while it may not be all the most ideal impacts (personally speaking), they've certainly made probably the biggest impact of any protectorate of Viridia ..
[/quote]

Well in my defense I wasn't here for Argo, but was a part of us scoring that CNC protectorate back in the day. Gotta go with who I know :P

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1284043806' post='2447657']
Yeah, you pushed it too hard and had to white peace out.

Unless you're saying you protected Polar, an alliance that actually did win you a war.
[/quote]

Our mission goal in entering the TPF war was to hit them for 1-2 weeks and then grant them white peace. We had discussed this internally and decided on this before the first tank rolled. So from my perspective, the war was a success in that regard. For the most part Athens has never really engaged in devious schemes or plots or traps, we have simply stood up for ourselves and our allies and let the chips fall as they may. As wholly unlooked for bonuses, the TPF war also directly caused the breakup of Frostbite and Citadel, who were both potentially hostile competitor blocs to CnG, and smeared the PR of the entire other side for letting their ally burn so long while they twiddled their thumbs, but had made it clear that they wanted to enter despite the fact that their ally had spied when their treaties with TPF had anti-spying clauses.

WAPA. We loved those guys; heck, we still do! We went to war with them over some silly stuff, made them join the alliance for sixty days, taught them all we knew, then cut em loose; I think we eventually became MDP partners. Coolest Scots around, if you ask me.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1284013844' post='2447442']
You know when someone who actively hates your alliance can revel in a protectorate that actively worked against its protector for a huge chunk of its existence...yeah...
[/quote]

How does sarcasm work!?!?

For those of you outside the CnG/SF blocs who might be wondering how it is that CnG/SF/allies reign over large portions of CN virtually uncontested, it is important to read this particular section again:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1284059892' post='2447878'] As wholly unlooked for bonuses, the TPF war also directly caused the breakup of Frostbite and Citadel, who were both potentially hostile competitor blocs to CnG, and smeared the PR of the entire other side for letting their ally burn so long while they twiddled their thumbs, but had made it clear that they wanted to enter despite the fact that their ally had spied when their treaties with TPF had anti-spying clauses.
[/quote]

Here is what occupies the thoughts of a major leader of one of the alliances in the CnG/SF collaboration. If any readers are disgruntled over the collapse of their particular favorite part of their web, consider that in order to succeed, you have to think above the alliance, above the bloc, above even the multiple blocs, to the [i]de facto[/i] meta-bloc, its fringe, and the relationship it has with everything around it, including in your arsenal of considerations the tools needed to secure your spot, like the ever handy divide-and-conquer strategy, PR, swift-response to opportunities, and others.

Now what is missing in your side? Cohesion.

For the seasoned FA strategists, this is all rather common sense, but to the new folks: Think about it.

--

As to the OP, I'd have to say my favorite was House Atreides, simply for the sheer role-play potential and the guys behind it. Unfortunately RL struck it down before it could really take flight, though if the crew ever comes out of retirement...

I was also very fond of Nevermore.

Lately, TRaPS and TNG look to be very successful.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1284059892' post='2447878']
Our mission goal in entering the TPF war was to hit them for 1-2 weeks and then grant them white peace. We had discussed this internally and decided on this before the first tank rolled. So from my perspective, the war was a success in that regard. For the most part Athens has never really engaged in devious schemes or plots or traps, we have simply stood up for ourselves and our allies and let the chips fall as they may. As wholly unlooked for bonuses, the TPF war also directly caused the breakup of Frostbite and Citadel, who were both potentially hostile competitor blocs to CnG, and smeared the PR of the entire other side for letting their ally burn so long while they twiddled their thumbs, but had made it clear that they wanted to enter despite the fact that their ally had spied when their treaties with TPF had anti-spying clauses.
[/quote]
TPF spied on someone? Your mission was to pull in the other side and when the other side came in we didnt see you lot for the dust you kicked up running away.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' timestamp='1284074301' post='2448146']
ViP was by far the best protectorate ever.
[/quote]

So modest Longbowe :v:

But to put in my .02, the best protectorate that I ever signed a treaty with actually probably was ViP. Legion went to war just a few days after the protectorate was signed and I querried Longbowe and told him to sit it out, no point in throwing his brand new AA into the conflict, but he refused and they rolled tanks alongside us, kicking ass along the way. In fact, they stayed in war even longer than Legion did, and I believe were the alliance longest at war outside of TIFDTT. ViP definitely ranks up there. Enough ego stroking for you Longbowe :P