War Ends

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1283234441' post='2436776']
Congrats on your victory, Sith! I'll save an aid slot for you. :smug:
[/quote]

Why thank you very much. We like to take our victories with some humility neighbor, so the aid is appreciated. :smug:

Edited by the lizard queen

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283223611' post='2436510']
We posted words so what. Surrendered LOL, my oh my.

We did about the same damage so we pretty much didn't lose more or less which in most definitions is about a tie.

I argued your points. See, it can be argued. A worthless document makes you all feel good? Nice.

You are so naive its really amazing. Take note of what you are saying and what in the future brings war to Pacifica and we'll see if you are right.
[/quote]

Good grief, I hope you don't actually believe this stuff.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1283237648' post='2436820']
Good grief, I hope you don't actually believe this stuff.
[/quote]

They just like getting a rise out of people, the more you yell the obvious (i.e that they in no way, shape, or form, won...which should go without saying), the funnier they think it is.

Honestly, reading the conversation in this thread is sad, creepy, and entertaining all at the same time, its practically a literary snuff film. Very odd sensation, and telling of the community standards now a days.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1283237943' post='2436822']
They just like getting a rise out of people, the more you yell the obvious (i.e that they in no way, shape, or form, won...which should go without saying), the funnier they think it is.

Honestly, reading the conversation in this thread is sad, creepy, and entertaining all at the same time, its practically a literary snuff film. Very odd sensation, and telling of the community standards now a days.
[/quote]

99% of NSO is just saying it to get on people's nerves, but I will maintain Fernando believes every word of it.

Amazing...the stupidity level in this war just seems to be increasing....

1) Sedrick attacking TENE. :unsure:
2) NSO aiding a nation on RoK's hitlist, after being told that it would result in war.
3) RoK calling allies to hit NSO
4) GATO canceling on NSO, even when NSO made it clear that they will not call allies. :facepalm:
5) RoK and allies extending the war for 2 weeks over the minor transgression. :mellow:
6) NSO surrenders, apologized half a dozen times in the OP...only to turn around and say they never did any of things they apologized for. :blink:
6) After taking a sound bashing, NSO claims it was victorious. :wacko:

When will it end......will it ??

P.S : I am sure i missed a few things in there....

4.5) PPF and Kerberos Nexus joining the war on NSO's side :wub:

Edited by raasaa

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1283227347' post='2436571']
In my eyes NSO walked away the victor here.

First off they dealt out 900,000 ns damage while fighting off 5 alliances.

They managed to protect their allies from getting involved in an obvious curbstomp.

They have tons of aid pouring in from multiple alliances. While their opponets nothing for their damages.

They revealed how low some people will sink just to get at us.

They've walked away from this mess with alot more respect than what they had at the start of this.
[/quote]

lol, this is the best post ever. Fernando you must learn to post like this ignorant poster here, you really should.

I'm pretty sure you guys are just trolling, but it's very clear who wins or loses a war: the one who surrenders, lost. You might not have meant all the verbiage that your name got assigned to in this document, but the simple fact remains that [i]you surrendered[/i], and that means you lost. (Actually, considering that even in Lint's OP he was pretty clearly saying 'we don't mean this' and the beer review was one great big piece of taking the piss, you can count yourselves lucky that your opponents permit you to gloat in peace rather than saying the terms were broken.)

It's no disgrace to lose against a much larger force, but don't put yourselves into the realms of farce by trying to claim you didn't.

And Jrenster, if you 'do things differently' and in such a way as to 'irritate' people, you shouldn't be surprised when those people want to destroy you, particularly when you give them good reason to do so. The NSO is not exactly giving people much of an incentive to be this nice to them next time you get into a war.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1283248185' post='2436898']
Amazing...the stupidity level in this war just seems to be increasing....

1) Sedrick attacking TENE. :unsure:
2) NSO aiding a nation on RoK's hitlist, after being told that it would result in war.
3) RoK calling allies to hit NSO
4) GATO canceling on NSO, even when NSO made it clear that they will not call allies. :facepalm:
5) RoK and allies extending the war for 2 weeks over the minor transgression. :mellow:
6) NSO surrenders, apologized half a dozen times in the OP...only to turn around and say they never did any of things they apologized for. :blink:
7) After taking a sound bashing, NSO claims it was victorious. :wacko:

When will it end......will it ??

P.S : I am sure i missed a few things in there....

4.5) PPF and Kerberos Nexus joining the war on NSO's side :wub:
[/quote]

Some of what you missed...

0.1) Sedrick apparently happily dealing tech to Rok as a member of TENE.
0.2) A dispute between TENE and Sedrick over loans causes Sedrick to abruptly quit the alliance, apply at MHA.
0.3) TENE gives negative reference regarding Sedrick to MHA.
0.4) TENE launches spy attack against Sedrick.

Basically no one provided a shining example of how to "do it right" on Planet Bob. <_<

Oh and one more...

7.5) NSO laughs in the back channels at people who actually believe that they (NSO) thinks they won the war.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1283254502' post='2436947']
I'm pretty sure you guys are just trolling, but it's very clear who wins or loses a war: the one who surrenders, lost. You might not have meant all the verbiage that your name got assigned to in this document, but the simple fact remains that [i]you surrendered[/i], and that means you lost. (Actually, considering that even in Lint's OP he was pretty clearly saying 'we don't mean this' and the beer review was one great big piece of taking the piss, you can count yourselves lucky that your opponents permit you to gloat in peace rather than saying the terms were broken.)

It's no disgrace to lose against a much larger force, but don't put yourselves into the realms of farce by trying to claim you didn't.

And Jrenster, if you 'do things differently' and in such a way as to 'irritate' people, you shouldn't be surprised when those people want to destroy you, particularly when you give them good reason to do so. The NSO is not exactly giving people much of an incentive to be this nice to them next time you get into a war.
[/quote]

This is where people misunderstand us. We were not surprised that Hoo went to war over this. We know many people on your "side" have it in for us. They may plead ignorance when asked about it, but it's nonetheless true. We were pointing out Hoo's lack of willing to negotiate to further the point that they have it in for us.

We don't care if people aren't nice to us. Like I've mentioned before; we do not feign humility. Oh, and I would love to see you guys re-declare on us. If you hate our guts so much, then why don't you come back and strike us down once again?

As for whatever misconceptions people have about this peace, the only term we are willing to admit to was the mistake that it was to send aid to Sedrick. That is it. Everything else on these terms are twisted lies and not even close to the truth.

See here is the crux...One of the aggressor was trying to enforce humility on NSO through humiliation and I dont seem to understand why people are surprised or think NSO's response was unexpected or ungrateful in that context, on top of that you add bit of story in the terms and you're still expecting more than a pleasant response?

Everybody is claiming victory here..hell..even some micro alliance called Gramlins popped in between somewhere to claim a victory -.-

Thread reminds me of noCB-Karma period...this particular place of "discussion" hasnt changed at all.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1283212199' post='2436278']
Remember neighbors, it's only whining when the other guy does it. [b]Now let's all go out and make the most of this beautiful day! :)[/b]
[/quote]
Now that's the spirit! Can we stop talking about how the OP post was just "words" and not admission of guilt and defeat? I can honestly say, if you forgive NPO's feeble attempts to rewrite who lost GWI, that in all my years of playing CN I've never seen such a ridiculous attempt to convince people that you didn't screw up.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283258142' post='2436973']
7.5) NSO laughs in the back channels at people who actually believe that they (NSO) thinks they won the war.
[/quote]

7.5a) NSO laughs at some of its own as well as certain allies.

:v:

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1283253619' post='2436937']
lol, this is the best post ever. Fernando you must learn to post like this ignorant poster here, you really should.
[/quote]
When an ignorant person calls someone else ignorant it tends to void the insult.

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1283282486' post='2437279']
When an ignorant person calls someone else ignorant it tends to void the insult.
[/quote]

Not really no. At least I don't make ludicrous tin foil statements like: they would stoop so down low to attack us blah blah, because NPO is not the centre of the universe [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1283282942' post='2437281']
Not really no. At least I don't make ludicrous tin foil statements like: they would stoop so down low to attack us blah blah, because NPO is not the centre of the universe [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]
I find that funny because most of the time it's someone outside of our alliance that brings us up. Then when we respond all of a sudden " You guys aren't the center universe!!!!!" This apparently wasn't the case.

It may be ludicrous in your eyes but others see it differently.

A simple " I disagree with this because of this that and that" would've worked. But insulting people doesn't get you very far.

[quote name='BlkAK47_002' timestamp='1283283527' post='2437287']
I find that funny because most of the time it's someone outside of our alliance that brings us up. Then when we respond all of a sudden " You guys aren't the center universe!!!!!" This apparently wasn't the case.

It may be ludicrous in your eyes but others see it differently.

A simple " I disagree with this because of this that and that" would've worked. But insulting people doesn't get you very far.
[/quote]

Well the only reason NPO really comes up in debates ( or arguments whatever ) is because people have nothing against the New Hegemony to debate or argue about because well compared to what really has been done in the past before there were "in power".

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1283248185' post='2436898']
[/quote]

Extending? It's entire duration was only a hair over two weeks. I think you got the wrong word there.