IRON Notice

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='18 July 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1279478064' post='2377461']
[color="#FF0000"]Good Luck. Dont shoot yourselves in the foot.[/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='18 July 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1279481308' post='2377616']
[color="#FF0000"]ugh...there is a reason I always hated this side of the treaty web. Fair weather freinds, meaningless treaties, and political posturing and positioning.[/color]
[/quote]
What, someone tell you you were supposed to be running a different line in this topic? Anyway, try not to shatter the whole of your glass house while throwing those accusations.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1279481450' post='2377620']
I always find it amusing when someone announces something in public and then cries when they draw criticism.
[/quote]
Funny, and I always find it amusing when other people come to play savior for people that neither need one nor want you as one.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1279481450' post='2377620']It's... not shameful to walk out on friends who have marched into fire for you without a second thought?[/quote]
It's hard to forge a new and better path ahead and keep your friends if they choose to stay on the same path.

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1279481699' post='2377631']
Funny, and I always find it amusing when other people come to play savior for people that neither need one nor want you as one.
[/quote]If you think a legitimate line of questioning for my own satisfaction is "playing savior", I'm not sure how to help you.

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1279480896' post='2377596']
I am sorry that you feel like our relationship meant so little to us ...
[/quote]

Cancellations tend to have that effect on people. ;)

I was not involved in the conversation, but I hope that is not how its course went. NATO have been very loyal allies for a very long time. We are headed down a new path, one which we must take and figure out as we go, and we hope that you can understand that. This was not an easy decision, some of these treaties have been in place for years. We do not wish to break up that relationship we have forged. I look forward to talking with you guys in your embassy and at your IRC channel. Best wishes to NATO, Legion, TPF, Echelon, OG, MCXA, UPN and TAB.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1279481752' post='2377634']
It's hard to forge a new and better path ahead and keep your friends if they choose to stay on the same path.
[/quote]

It's hard to know what path your friends want to take if you just cancel on them out of the blue without ever bringing the question up.

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1279480896' post='2377596']
I am sorry that you feel like our relationship meant so little to us, NATO was always a good friend to IRON and this cancellation was not meant as an end a friendship but the start of a new path for IRON in this new world. This was a decision I can assure you was made with heavy hearts.
[/quote]

By...uhhh, canceling a bunch of treaties? You've reduced your treaty count, which is cool I guess, but a lot of people are sitting around scratching our heads on what this actually accomplished, and how this is creating a new path. This isn't one of the those cases where you're going to get bashed either way because people dislike you, you're going to get bashed either way because you fixed nothing, and playing it off as some giant change in policy.

I also find all the "we are still friends!" hilarious, when, pretty clearly, you aren't. Theres a time and place for that line, and it's in those few legitimate situations where that happens. Trying to spin a situation where thats not the case as being like that reeks of incompetence. You can probably stop trying to convince NATO et al that you still love them in public, and you don't mean to insult them and they were great and loyal allies. By the looks of things, they are reading you loud and clear. They just aren't getting the same message.

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1279482314' post='2377650']
By...uhhh, canceling a bunch of treaties? You've reduced your treaty count, which is cool I guess, but a lot of people are sitting around scratching our heads on what this actually accomplished, and how this is creating a new path. This isn't one of the those cases where you're going to get bashed either way because people dislike you, you're going to get bashed either way because you fixed nothing, and playing it off as some giant change in policy.

I also find all the "we are still friends!" hilarious, when, pretty clearly, you aren't. Theres a time and place for that line, and it's in those few legitimate situations where that happens. Trying to spin a situation where thats not the case as being like that reeks of incompetence. You can probably stop trying to convince NATO et al that you still love them in public, and you don't mean to insult them and they were great and loyal allies. By the looks of things, they are reading you loud and clear. They just aren't getting the same message.
[/quote]

We are willing to continue our relationship. But the thing with relationships is, its a two way street.

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1279482314' post='2377650']

[/quote]

cute coming from ODN, its pretty clear from your alliance has really no place to talk here, kthnx for you input though :)

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1279482314' post='2377650']
By...uhhh, canceling a bunch of treaties? You've reduced your treaty count, which is cool I guess, but a lot of people are sitting around scratching our heads on what this actually accomplished, and how this is creating a new path. This isn't one of the those cases where you're going to get bashed either way because people dislike you, you're going to get bashed either way because you fixed nothing, and playing it off as some giant change in policy.[/quote]
:facepalm:

CN, where cancelling half of your treaties isn't a giant change in policy. The only "giant change of policies" you would acknowledge are cancelling all treaties and being neutral or cancelling all treaties and join SC's side, both of which would be met with equal scorn (either "oh, running away from the fight, eh?" or "Oh, bandwagoning on the winning side, eh?").

This is most certainly a case where IRON haters will get their fix. Either they would hate IRON for its friends, or they would hate IRON for cancelling on its friends. Choose one and stick with it.

While this is a shakeup it only gets you away from NPO a little bit what with NSO being in IC. What i find interesting here is, is Duckroll trying to start a third power sphere ala Citadel had before the last war

[quote name='Dom Zak' date='18 July 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1279482567' post='2377655']
We are willing to continue our relationship. But the thing with relationships is, its a two way street.
[/quote]

Yes, it is a two way street. However, "Thanks for defending us, we're going to cancel on you now so we won't have to defend you if war comes" only drives in one direction.

Ah, after all of the RON jokes we come to find out that independent action is only really laudable if everyone else agrees with and condones the actions that you take independently.

Happy Independence Day, IRON.

By...uhhh, canceling a bunch of treaties?
[/quote]
I don't think anyone but an IRON member can say with certainty whether or not this truly signifies a big change for them. How do you think you can judge it? Edit: I have to agree with the folks above me who find it amusing that you think a massive change in an alliance's treaty make up isn't, well, a signifier of change.

I also find all the "we are still friends!" hilarious, when, pretty clearly, you aren't. Theres a time and place for that line, and it's in those few legitimate situations where that happens.
[/quote]
[quote name='EEjack' date='18 July 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1279482354' post='2377651']
Best Wishes IRON - we know not where the road goes but it was a pleasure to travel a bit of it with you stout fellows.

o/IRON
o/OG

EEjack
[/quote]
When you're done spinning things to your liking joracy, care to consider reality for a moment? After all,
Trying to spin a situation where thats not the case as being like that reeks of incompetence.
[/quote]

You can probably stop trying to convince NATO et al that you still love them in public, and you don't mean to insult them and they were great and loyal allies.
[/quote]
You can say the affection may be unrequited, but IRON's not lying- they intended no insult and were hoping a strong friendship would continue. Things may not have worked out as planned, and I feel bad to see two of my allies going through a hard strait, but their intentions were pure and I firmly believe that everything will work out in the end.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='wickedj' date='18 July 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1279482824' post='2377663']While this is a shakeup it only gets you away from NPO a little bit what with NSO being in IC. What i find interesting here is, is Duckroll trying to start a third power sphere ala Citadel had before the last war[/quote]
Third power sphere? SF/CnG is hardly two separate spheres. Duckroll is 1/6 the size of SF/CnG, and they don't have any advantage over SF/CnG like Citadel did (ANS). What the most telling thing about your post though is how quick you are to transition from "ex-Heg is our main threat" to "Duckroll is our main threat".

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1279482314' post='2377650']
[/quote]

This is one of those things where times have changed and IRON must change with them. No longer is the hegemony the power of the world. It was the time for IRON to move into this new world with more flexibility and options.

[quote name='EEjack' date='18 July 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1279482354' post='2377651']
Best Wishes IRON - we know not where the road goes but it was a pleasure to travel a bit of it with you stout fellows.

o/IRON
o/OG

EEjack
[/quote]
Thank you OG, it was a pleasure having my first ambassador job to you guys. :)

[quote name='iMatt' date='18 July 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1279479609' post='2377540']
This move is good for many reasons. It will keep the alliances you just canceled on from looking too "large" for the CnG to worry about, and right now you have some good PR from Planet Bob as a whole, due to the Gramlins issue. Whether this is a short term strategy, or a longer term thing, it was a good move all the same. I can envision another group of alliances joining with you, creating a smaller, independent bloc. It would be full of the alliances who don't care to join with CnG or those alliances you canceled on.
[/quote]
It's been quite obvious as of late that Duckroll is moving to take their immediate allies and form a separate power sphere from the other ex-Heg alliances. I would have thought they would try to bring NATO and TFD with them, but I assume they realized that even with all their faults, NATO and TFD do at least have an element of loyalty. Could end up putting NSO in a bad position in the future though.

[quote name='Dom Zak' date='19 July 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1279482567' post='2377655']
But the thing with relationships is, its a two way street.
[/quote]
I disagree with your this opinion comrade.

I'm saddened to see some names up there, and Good Luck to everyone.

[quote name='lebubu' date='18 July 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1279477628' post='2377442']
Cutting ties with the ~*~ Old Hegemony ~*~, eh?
[/quote]

Can we please place the word 'Hegemony' in a jar and bury it in the backyard...under a few feet of concrete beneath the new in ground pool? <_<

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1279483265' post='2377677']
It's been quite obvious as of late that Duckroll is moving to take their immediate allies and form a separate power sphere from the other ex-Heg alliances. I would have thought they would try to bring NATO and TFD with them, but I assume they realized that even with all their faults, NATO and TFD do at least have an element of loyalty. Could end up putting NSO in a bad position in the future though.
[/quote]
It's amazing that the propaganda is [i]already[/i] starting that Duckroll, a bloc 1/6 the size of SF/CnG with a low ANS, is attempting to create a power sphere to rival SuperComplaints, just amazing.