IRON Notice

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1279478819' post='2377496']
Feel free to enlighten me. Realpolitik is one thing, but I'd be upset if a longtime friend told me to shove it for the sake of opportunism.
[/quote]
I think we all would but that's not what's going on at all.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='18 July 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1279478518' post='2377481']
Good luck to our dear friends at IRON. I know this must have been an incredibly difficult decision for you guys, but I believe it was a good one. You have TORN's total support and we will defend you till the end. Ferro Credimus!
[/quote]

Anytime you have to cancel on friends it is difficult especially with many of these being very old treaties.

We thank all of our friends for being supportive during this rough patch for IRON, especially those in Duckroll.

Opportunism? Someone's obviously having great inside into IRON's workings here, cause if that weren't the case, it would simply look like a dumb attempt at taking cheap shots at IRON. But oh well...

Anyways, cancellations on allies are usually not a happy event, but I know IRON did what they felt is right. DAWN continues to stand with you in good and in bad times my friends :)

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1279478819' post='2377496']
Feel free to enlighten me. Realpolitik is one thing, but I'd be upset if a longtime friend told me to shove it for the sake of opportunism.
[/quote]

I agree with you statement Rex, this is not something we're happy about... I hope that you are making the right move and that this doesn't come back to bite you in the butt IRON, because if it does, tough luck IRON you made the decision live with the consequences.

Edited by Warden

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='18 July 2010 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1279477584' post='2377434']
Short memories some people have and a low level of loyalty too.
[/quote]
That certainly seems to be the case here.

Glad to know IRON will cancel on their friends who are/were paying reps over a war they joined for IRON. Yeah, great allies you are.

EDIT:

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1279478491' post='2377478']
Not at all, the friendships with these fine alliances will not go away simply due to the lack of a treaty, some of my best friends still reside there and you can be sure that IRON will be looking out for all of our former and current friends.

Ferro Credimus.
[/quote]
So you canceled treaties with some of your best friends? Point still being, this isn't like an STA-NSO relationship. You've just admitted to cancelling a slew of MDPs with your best friends. If you cared for them so much you wouldn't have canceled.

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='18 July 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1279478942' post='2377504']
You can still remain friends without a defense pact.
[/quote]
True, but these cancellations have upset many of your "friends". I somehow doubt your going to be the best of "friends" much longer.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1279479118' post='2377518']
"Hey, we're still buddies, I just don't want to defend you when you'll need it most."
[/quote]
Yeah, exactly.

Edited by Kochers

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='18 July 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1279478942' post='2377504']
You can still remain friends without a defense pact.
[/quote]
"Hey, we're still buddies, I just don't want to defend you when you'll need it most."

[quote name='Calderone' date='18 July 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1279478716' post='2377490']
Sorry Q but I missed the part where they were replacing these treaties with anyone. Right or wrong they do seem to be charting a new path and one with far fewer treaties/allies.
[/quote]
I suppose time will tell.

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1279477588' post='2377437']
Holy crap. Does this leave anyone but Duckroll left?
[/quote]
Yes. The NSO is still with them.

This move is good for many reasons. It will keep the alliances you just canceled on from looking too "large" for the CnG to worry about, and right now you have some good PR from Planet Bob as a whole, due to the Gramlins issue. Whether this is a short term strategy, or a longer term thing, it was a good move all the same. I can envision another group of alliances joining with you, creating a smaller, independent bloc. It would be full of the alliances who don't care to join with CnG or those alliances you canceled on.

Quinny was totally wrong, and the posts by the canceled upon parties clearly prove this.

Honestly...I don't get how people can see this as a massive FA shift. Cutting the fat perhaps, if you'd like to call their former allies that, but, their place in the world seems unaffected. This hasn't accomplished anything in the global schemes of things.

Oh well, at least you canceled [i]some[/i]of them in a classy way?

Be assured, IRON still has friends and they are not leaving these old friendships to languish without thought. They are forging a new path for themselves. Let's see where they go before judging them on the merits of these decision.

Good luck to all of my friends in IRON.

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1279479621' post='2377541']
Quinny was totally wrong, and the posts by the canceled upon parties clearly prove this.

[b]Honestly...I don't get how people can see this as a massive FA shift.[/b] Cutting the fat perhaps, if you'd like to call their former allies that, but, their place in the world seems unaffected. This hasn't accomplished anything in the global schemes of things.

[/quote]

This. It's not like Bob has shaken and they're suddenly on the other side of the treaty web, they've just cut back a bit on how many treaties they keep.

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1279479621' post='2377541']
[/quote]

How does ODN know about canceling treaties with class?

Good show IRON. I like what I'm seeing.