IRON Notice

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='18 July 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1279478942' post='2377504']
You can still remain friends without a defense pact.
[/quote]
Nope, only alliances in CnG and SF can do that, not those terrible "ex-heg" alliances.

Also, good luck IRON, glad to see at least one of those treaties not dropped :D

Edited by William Blake

Don't know why you really did it, but I thought our ties were unbreakable. Glad to have followed you into the breach all those years (months) ago only to see us tossed. We always took up the sword with you when it came down to it, and felt our brotherhood to be sound.

Good luck, IRON.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1279480549' post='2377578']
Good move, IRON. Most of the people against this move would have bashed you if you had kept your treaties and bashed you if you cancelled your treaties. There's no reason to listen to them.
[/quote]

Double standards for the loss, thanks for the support AA, a longtime friend of IRON.

Now go smack Poobs for me :P

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='18 July 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1279480725' post='2377584']
Don't know why you really did it, but I thought our ties were unbreakable. Glad to have followed you into the breach all those years (months) ago only to see us tossed. We always took up the sword with you when it came down to it, and felt our brotherhood to be sound.

Good luck, IRON.
[/quote]

I am sorry that you feel like our relationship meant so little to us, NATO was always a good friend to IRON and this cancellation was not meant as an end a friendship but the start of a new path for IRON in this new world. This was a decision I can assure you was made with heavy hearts.

[quote name='RustyNail' date='18 July 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1279479855' post='2377549']
Be assured, IRON still has friends and they are not leaving these old friendships to languish without thought. [b]They are forging a new path for themselves.[/b] Let's see where they go before judging them on the merits of these decision.

Good luck to all of my friends in IRON.
[/quote]
Picking and choosing treaties to "forge a new path" when you're allegedly still friends will all parties is mighty fishy. Did I miss the memo about when it became kosher or laudable to mass-cancel treaties?

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1279480939' post='2377598']
Picking and choosing treaties to "forge a new path" when you're allegedly still friends will all parties is mighty fishy. Did I miss the memo about when it became kosher or laudable to mass-cancel treaties?
[/quote]
Did I miss the memo that said mass cancellations are shameful?

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1279480549' post='2377578']
Good move, IRON. Most of the people against this move would have bashed you if you had kept your treaties and bashed you if you cancelled your treaties. There's no reason to listen to them.
[/quote]
That's hitting the nail directly on the head AA.

Good luck IRON in this new path you're forging.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1279480939' post='2377598']
[/quote]

IRON might say we are all still friends, but by the look if it, I'd say thats wishful thinking at best

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1279480939' post='2377598']
[/quote]
Well thank God we've all got MK members to save us from fishy situations. If you aren't too busy looking out for our best interests, care to leave the involved parties to their own affairs, rather than speculate about what all this means for us?

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1279480896' post='2377596']
I am sorry that you feel like our relationship meant so little to us, NATO was always a good friend to IRON and this cancellation was not meant as an end a friendship but the start of a new path for IRON in this new world. This was a decision I can assure you was made with heavy hearts.
[/quote]

I don't know how this can be a friendship. We joined the second round of the last war when we wouldn't have otherwise, lost well over a third of our NS, endangered three of our very good allies who would not otherwise have been involved, who also suffered loss, defended you against other friends who told us we were crazy for doing so much for you, and paid reps on top of that.

And then the other day, you drop us without even so much as a how-do-you-do. Literally the conversation went, "Hello! We're dropping you."

How is that friendship? =/

[quote name='heggo' date='18 July 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1279481231' post='2377612']
Well thank God we've all got MK members to save us from fishy situations. If you aren't too busy looking out for our best interests, care to leave the involved parties to their own affairs, rather than speculate about what all this means for us?
[/quote]
I always find it amusing when someone announces something in public and then cries when they draw criticism.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='18 July 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1279480999' post='2377603']
Did I miss the memo that said mass cancellations are shameful?
[/quote]
It's... not shameful to walk out on friends who have marched into fire for you without a second thought?

[quote name='Matthew The Great' date='18 July 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1279481060' post='2377606']
IRON might say we are all still friends, but by the look if it, I'd say thats wishful thinking at best
[/quote]
We are more then willing to continue to be on very friendly terms with all of these alliances, if you are not I completely understand and wish you and your alliance the best of luck in the future.

You can use all the frilly political words you like, but you really can't weasel out of the fact that when you cancel a treaty with someone, it's because your relationship with them has degenerated. Maybe this was a good decision, but please drop the "still friends" garbage.

That's not to say you have to suddenly become enemies now, of course. You can still be cordial with each other, obviously.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1279478246' post='2377466']
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you guys are essentially saying "hey, you guys were good, loyal friends for years and all, but we're gonna go get some shiny new friends now who are [i]much[/i] better than you."

Real classy.
[/quote]
I think it's more like, "Hey you guys were good, loyal friends for years and all, but we're going to cancel on you so we don't have to defend you in wars. I hope we can still be friends."

Admin help me, I agree with QR.

Edited by Duncan King