GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[center][b]Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism[/b][/center]

As some have found, the [url=http://cnpurpleunity.net]Purple Unity site[/url] has been obviously hacked and edited to involve our flag. This act is not condoned nor sanctioned by the Order and pledges our full cooperation with administrators of the Purple Unity site in finding and apprehending the attacker if at all possible. If IPs from FTP or other protocol logs are provided, we will attempt to match them against our forums database. Furthermore, we do request the administrator(s) of the Purple Unity site to contact us to help rectify the situation.

The idea that someone is attempting to sully the name of our alliance with this attempt is far past any line of IC and OOC. We shall not stand for such base attempts at the destruction of what we have worked for almost 15 months so far to achieve. We regard it as an attack on ourselves as well as the good people of Purple Unity. Our name and reputation have been smeared here, and more ammunition has been manufactured for our political enemies. We hereby pledge to find those responsible for this attack on Purple Unity's forums and our character.

Given the nature of the attack, we also suggest people that were registered with accounts on the site to change passwords that they used. So, if they used the same password for all CN-related activity, it would be advised to change all such passwords to prevent further damage by the attacker. We thank you for your understanding and hope that this can be resolved quickly.

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Leet Guy' date='15 July 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1279212731' post='2373042']
Hope you guys can solve this and reprimand the hacker.
[/quote]
There won't be anything so light as "reprimanding". If it was one of ours, they are out of the alliance and join the list of traitors (I can pretty much guarantee you it wasn't one of ours though because none of us think rickroll is that funny, and I've been told the link on the flag directs to some rickroll thing, never-mind the Farkspeak like title of the page {not that we think FARK did this}.) If it was an agent of another alliance condoned by their government we will declare war. If it was an agent acting alone, he will be placed on the EoG list.

Edited by Sardonic

I have to at least thank the hacker for doing an absolutely terrible job of framing us. Also it's good to know we've still got some enemies out there.

Aside from that, though, this is an absolutely despicable act. If it is in our power to do so, we will find who is responsible, and we will make them answer for what they have done.

While I disagree with many of the "Goons" policies I also know enough of them and find it impossible to believe that they would be so stupid as to leave such a sign behind anything that they were behind. I feel safe in saying had it been them who did this that they would take pride in their actions and announce what they had done.
With that being said I would like to thank them for their offer of assistance in coming to the bottom of this.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='15 July 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1279221748' post='2373292']
Kind of interesting timing considering all that has occured recently. More Lulz goons?
[/quote]
Not even, and I detest that word.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='15 July 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1279221748' post='2373292']
Kind of interesting timing considering all that has occured recently. More Lulz goons?
[/quote]

so your reaction to us putting a huge neon sign around this event, decrying it, and vowing to hunt down whoever did it for soiling our name, is to essentially accuse us of doing it?

I'm trying to work out if you're intentionally or accidentally calling us stupid.