GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 July 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1279227903' post='2373465']
I suspected that this was done by one of your guys, I'm not sure which joke was lamer, the former from Xiph or this. <_<
[/quote]
Kriek this was never put out by any of us to my knowledge, I dont know how goons found out about it. I will admit i contemplated using it and before I ever decided one way or the other Goons posted this thread. At that time I just let it ride and then jerked a couple of chains. I believe our server admin was trying to be funny as the boards were being closed i just ran with it a bit once it started going. If i didnt take the oppurtunity I would have regretted it.

[quote name='Kenfolk GTS' date='15 July 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1279227993' post='2373474']
Hrm, makes me wonder how seriously it will be taken if/ when something serious actually does happen...
[/quote]
considering how bored quite a few people are, i guess we better shouldn't take anything too seriously unless it involves real actions (nukes flying, war decs etc.)

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='15 July 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1279228214' post='2373483']
Kriek this was never put out by any of us to my knowledge, I dont know how goons found out about it. I will admit i contemplated using it and before I ever decided one way or the other Goons posted this thread. At that time I just let it ride and then jerked a couple of chains. I believe our server admin was trying to be funny as the boards were being closed i just ran with it a bit once it started going. If i didnt take the oppurtunity I would have regretted it.
[/quote]

Oh I know how Goons found out. Sonic messaged me to ask if I knew anything about PU being hacked. And as a good ally as I am, I told Goons. I feel used. <_<

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='15 July 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1279226763' post='2373421']
Yep it is because we are currently taking the PU boards down. No one hacked the forum nor was there any malicious actions taken against any of the AAs on that board. This was brought to my attention this morning by other purple leaders and I texted our server guy and was informed of it being a joke and that he had done it. I informed purple gov about it and asked them to keep quiet for a bit as I thought after all that has occured a little pay back would be ok. I would like to thank Bros for offering to help early one when this was brought to the OWF by the Goons.

Sardonic im sure you already knew about this no hard feelings.

Honestly i was impressed with your response and good show on handling it.
[/quote]

Yep, thought so, see you at update.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='15 July 2010 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1279228892' post='2373506']
Yep, thought so, see you at update.
[/quote]

Sweet :D

DoW us for joking you back! Thin skinned a bit Sardonic? :smug:

Though im thinking its another of your 'funny' productions :wacko:

[quote name='Lamuella' date='15 July 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1279231382' post='2373583']
so basically what we've learned from this is that in a circumstance like this, GOONS will be incredibly grown up and do everything they can to help.
[/quote]
Unless you knew all along and just played the noble alliance card. Yeah, that has to be it :wacko:

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7Se7iswAanA/StgHrYvHygI/AAAAAAAAJgo/LXkB_a9y64o/s400/tinfoil_hat.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lamuella' date='15 July 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1279231382' post='2373583']
so basically what we've learned from this is that in a circumstance like this, GOONS will be incredibly grown up and do everything they can to help.
[/quote]

Or get butthurt and threaten to see someone at 'update' becuase when a joke was played on them, they responded in kind with another. <_<

Heh, figured it was connected with Valhalla as a counter-prank, but accusing people on OWF is generally pointless and counter productive. Couldn't be a goon, seeing as how that sort of terrible leetspeak would earn a ban first time they used it on our boards.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='15 July 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1279226763' post='2373421']
[/quote]
GOONS, contrary to apparent public opinion, generally handles diplomatic incidents with panache, thanks to the efforts of (in no particular order) Sardonic, Beefspari, Biazt, ktarthan, nippy, and many more. In fact, if you count the end of the UjW to be the effective endpoint for Neutral Shoving, I'd like to point out the current GOONS has actually been around [b]longer[/b], due largely to their efforts.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='15 July 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1279232075' post='2373598']
Or get butthurt and threaten to see someone at 'update' becuase when a joke was played on them, they responded in kind with another. <_<
[/quote]
No, we merely answered one joke with another, but nevermind that, well played.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='15 July 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1279232435' post='2373614']
No, we merely answered one joke with another, but nevermind that, well played.
[/quote]

when chefjoe was acting like he was annoyed by our joke, he was in fact joking.

We just went meta.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='15 July 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1279226763' post='2373421']
Yep it is because we are currently taking the PU boards down. No one hacked the forum nor was there any malicious actions taken against any of the AAs on that board. This was brought to my attention this morning by other purple leaders and I texted our server guy and was informed of it being a joke and that he had done it. I informed purple gov about it and asked them to keep quiet for a bit as I thought after all that has occured a little pay back would be ok. I would like to thank Bros for offering to help early one when this was brought to the OWF by the Goons.

Sardonic im sure you already knew about this no hard feelings.

[/quote]
Nicely played.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='15 July 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1279232075' post='2373598']
[/quote]
yes because Sardonic was clearly being entirely serious and was threatening you

I am going to go against the grain and say this wasn't funny at all and more then a little annoying. No harm done so no foul, but having to scramble to let people know about the possible security breach wasn't enjoyable at all. Bud, please kick the server guy for me. <_<

Also I appreciate the GOONS swift response and Bros for offering to help with this.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='15 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279232766' post='2373623']
when chefjoe was acting like he was annoyed by our joke, he was in fact joking.

We just went meta.
[/quote]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head Lam. :)

As long as you all have known me you should realize that by now.

Cest la vie :awesome: