Apology to Xiphosis

Vasuda

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='11 July 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1278864904' post='2366993']
Kudos to the OP for making me aware of this earth-shattering situation. Now that I know how Xiphosis spends some of his time away from CN, my life is complete and I may die in peace.

In other news....

Ford sucks.

Also, your Mom.
[/quote]

Oh no you didn't! Edit that last line before someone sees it. Hurry!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vasuda' date='10 July 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1278811244' post='2366427']
I have made it a point to stay out of this thread, but I will confirm that Voodoo told me this was the final agreement this morning. I thought an apology was more than fair, but I must admit I was a bit incensed when I heard that the government had agreed to send IAA members to attack me.

Of course I tried to make a break for NV, and it didn't quite work out perfectly, but I would still much rather take my beating from those who have it out for me. I would never submit to being attacked by my own alliance.
[/quote]
Can't say I blame you on trying to make that break.

Edited by heggo

[font="Book Antiqua"]The floor was cold. He held his eyes shut as he reached his hands out and searched around him. Finally his searching hands found what he was looking for.

“Hey baby” her voice said softly. “Hey McGriddle” he whispered as he pulled himself into her warm embrace. The sweet smell of maple washed over him, her own personal fragrance that he knew so well. Visions of Egg and Sausage danced through his mind as he pulled her even closer. He heard her laugh softly. It was a warm laugh, warm like her delicious pancake sides.

“Feeling a little frisky today are we?’

“Always for you, McGriddle baby.”

She laughed again, snuggling up close to him. He could feel her silky cheese ripple between the two of them. He playfully licked at her, but oddly he didn’t taste a thing. Confused, he tried to open his eyes.

The floor was cold. He tried to open his eyes, but only a few shafts of light managed to pry their way inside before he forced them shut again. He reached out his hands and searched around him, but they came up empty as the dreamy smell of maple faded from his mind. He tried to open his eyes once more, only to again retreat from the light as his head throbbed.

“Damn hangover…"
[/font]

[quote name='Big Z' date='10 July 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1278782673' post='2365938']
Oh, right, and coincidentally, that link coincidentally spanned over multiple sites and magically also cherry picked portions designed to attempt to embarrass Xiph the most. It'd be impossible for a single link to cover everything that was posted by Vasuda. There would have to have been some kind of digging considering the breadth and scope of the details within his post, if the story about someone sending him a link is even true.
[/quote]

Seems to me that the apology and most everything else associated with this matter should have been handled OOC, but hey, if it make Xiph sleep better at night knowing that the bad guy got all his pixels taken away for his crime...

...I dunno, I'm still not comfortable with this one.

I honestly am surprised Kahn was kept in IAA gov after the [i]first[/i] incident. He seems to be a bit bothersome.

This was really lame, and I'm glad you've given an apology, no matter how insincere it seems to me.

[quote name='Vasuda' date='11 July 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1278811244' post='2366427']
I have made it a point to stay out of this thread, but I will confirm that Voodoo told me this was the final agreement this morning. I thought an apology was more than fair, but I must admit I was a bit incensed when I heard that the government had agreed to send IAA members to attack me.

Of course I tried to make a break for NV, and it didn't quite work out perfectly, but I would still much rather take my beating from those who have it out for me. I would never submit to being attacked by my own alliance.
[/quote]

You consistently put yourself ahead of your leader and your alliance, who risked everything to stand up for you. After all that you can't stand losing some of your precious 4200 infra from attacks by the alliance mates who's necks thoughtlessly you put on the line?

Seriously, you need to wake up.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' date='12 July 2010 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1278926516' post='2367945']Seriously, you need to wake up.[/quote]

He's sleeping off a wartime MP purchase and a failed update blitz, cut him some slack. I'd be tired too.

[quote name='Viking' date='12 July 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1278930684' post='2367963']
He's sleeping off a wartime MP purchase and a failed update blitz, cut him some slack. I'd be tired too.
[/quote]

Having reviewed your nation's list of military wonders and improvements and your stunning near 1:5 tech to infra ratio, I don't envision you giving lectures at the war college this summer, Sparky. <_<

Indeed I almost thought I was looking at a GGA member and did a double take.

At least GOD staggered him correctly...sorta.

As I stated previously, if it were me, I'd much rather have had a sincere OOC, player to player apology, given that the main perp has "been invited to find another hobby" and another involved in the whole mess is on ice. Good luck ZIing Vasuda (assuming that is the strategy here...you didn't exactly fill his defensive slots) I guess.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='12 July 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1278937275' post='2367998']
Having reviewed your nation's list of military wonders and improvements and your stunning near 1:5 tech to infra ratio, I don't envision you giving lectures at the war college this summer, Sparky. <_< [/quote]

If only number crunching meant as much as you think it does.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='12 July 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1278951737' post='2368164']
It's not meaningless, that's for sure. What's with the stagger if he's only facing 7 days of war?
[/quote]

That was the deal if he had stayed in IAA, a compromise so IAA and GOD didn't come to blows.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='12 July 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1278943649' post='2368074']
I think there's something disturbing about having your own alliance mates attack you.
[/quote]

Maybe it's a team building exercise?

Also props on attacking him for OOC reasons. Makes me all warm and fuzzy for my old NPO days. So much about this situation is hilarious. Just when CN was beginning to bore me, too. Thanks Xiphosis! LOL

[quote name='wickedj' date='10 July 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1278811183' post='2366426']
Dear god..i cant even facepalm enough to describe my feelings on the matter. On one hand its not hard to google ones login name and see what comes up(if you google WickedJ..no im not that doofy fool who owns wickedj.com or .net) so to call it stalking is just being a drama queen. To bring THAT here though is even MORE !@#$@#$ retarded

overall i would like to say $%&@ you all for bringing some of the stupidest reasons for war ive seen in forever. "The Harry Potter war" "THe 'Yo Momma' [b]War" all we need now is a war because someone likes Ford trucks...[/b]
[/quote]
Wanna have a go chevy boy :P

[quote name='Grumpdogg' date='12 July 2010 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1278926516' post='2367945']
You consistently put yourself ahead of your leader and your alliance, who risked everything to stand up for you. After all that you can't stand losing some of your precious 4200 infra from attacks by the alliance mates who's necks thoughtlessly you put on the line?

Seriously, you need to wake up.
[/quote]
Or if it remains conventional you would be distributing tech back to your alliance mates instead of allowing GOD to have it.

[quote name='Corinan' date='12 July 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1278953274' post='2368192']
Maybe it's a team building exercise?

Also props on attacking him for OOC reasons. Makes me all warm and fuzzy for my old NPO days. So much about this situation is hilarious. Just when CN was beginning to bore me, too. Thanks Xiphosis! LOL
[/quote]
Maybe im wrong but if he brought it to the OWF then does it not come as and IC infraction as well. IRC is already murky doing it there maybe not so much but by posting this stuff on the OWF did he not put his IC charecter in conflict with Xiph and now it would be an IC offense as well. Sorry Xiph its a !@#$%* thing when that line is crossed. Glad to see this didnt trigger a stupid war though it would have been interesting to see how it lined up.

I'm sorry, I've held my tongue till now, but sanction, staggering and nukes against someone who didn't even have an MP or nukes to begin with strikes me as a gross overreaction. I've already expressed my disappointment with the spirit of the original post just from what I've heard about it. But an apology for pride, infra for infra; I'm just as disappointed in the reactions to this all the way around.

Nothing but pride was damaged here, there shouldn't have been sanctions staggers and nukes (oh my) involved as if you were dealing with an unrepentant nuke rogue. It would also have been nice to have seen IAA a little more reluctant to kick one of their own family members out of their House for a lapse in judgment.

I would like to appeal to some sense of fairness, but while IAA apparently would have refused to provide rebuilding aid after his full round of attacks, I will be helping Kahn get back on his feet with lessons learned after this tirade is finished.

Anyone crying about this vuvzuela guy getting a [i]single ZI[/i] needs to take a deep breath and relax. It's getting a little ridiculous how there is always someone who will cry about everything, even this.

Yes, there are some punishments where outrage is appropriate. No, outrage is not appropriate whenever there is a punishment or consequence. This situation falls under the latter.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote]I'm sorry, I've held my tongue till now, but sanction, staggering and nukes against someone who didn't even have an MP or nukes to begin with strikes me as a gross overreaction.[/quote]

The sanction was a last ditch attempt to avoid war with Nemesis. Daggarz was aiding him and it would've forced my hand. I've already informed Khan it'll be lifted as soon as the game allows.

I don't think he's getting ZI Impero, and I don't think that's what people are "outraging" about. I think some people are annoyed to see someone get punished because of an OOC reason. Therefore, I would say that it falls under your former.

And I just think it's a little weird to have your own alliance mates hit you.

[quote]And I just think it's a little weird to have your own alliance mates hit you.[/quote]

It is, but it was a much lighter punishment than what he's facing due to leaving IAA and it's pretty ungrateful to run out on them after they stuck their neck out for him.