Relax and Enjoy the Ride

Hello friends, neighbors, and others,

After a sleepless night and a bit of a nap I'm not up for penning prose worthy of note but I do want to give notice to all of Planet Bob that I am in UPN's leader's seat and I was never out of that seat.

Yes, there have been people trying to figure out how to get rid of me and people trying to convince me to step down. I've ridden through the experience and have learned a great deal.

I am still here and here I shall remain.

Peggy_Sue, Prime Minister for UPN

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FA Statement:

UPN's FA philosophy in the past is probably best compared to a situation where an alliance allies with their friends ... with people they enjoy spending time with ... rather than basing treaties on treaty web divisions. Did this cause the web to become even more tangled? Certainly.
Did this lead to the neutrality the members voted for in the last war? Likely. Members were torn between two groups of friends and they simply couldn't imagine firing cruise missiles at either side of the war.

Was the neutrality decision incredibly harmful to UPN's public image? You can say that again.

What is UPN doing to clear up the treaty entanglements? We are updating treaties that had defensive chaining clauses to remove the chaining. We have began chaining with Menotah, a CDT partner, and we hope to do the same with the other CDT partners.

We reaffirm our commitment to good friends in New Polar Order and Orange Defense Network.

We are communicating with other treaty partners to determine the best type of treaty to reflect our Foreign Affairs philosophy and our friendships.

Sometimes alliances are friends but on different Foreign Affairs paths. This is a normal part of life. Change is sometimes good and not to be frowned upon. We're vibrant folks here on Planet Bob and we're not like a bunch of little old ladies that don't want to tolerate ... nay, even THINK of change.
Change can be good.
Change can be fun.
Change can have unforeseen beneficial consequences.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='05 June 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1275766423' post='2324767']
UPN has shed about 200k NS over the past week and a half or so. Should we expect further losses as dissenters up sticks and leave?
[/quote]

They also lost a lot of members to DRAGON's formation.

I know you don't care for this Peggy, but I am glad you are still in power and I am serious about this.

UPN is better than everyone trying to pull it down. The public image is not what counts especially not on the OWF. Most people on the OWF are some kind of insane. I know you're better than that.