Relax and Enjoy the Ride

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lukcia' date='06 June 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1275819599' post='2326116']
Sounds like someone had a hissy fit when they found out Peggy was resigning. Nice reaction. I just wish I was there. xD

Also you cannot accuse others of treason and spying when you have your own spy to spy on your own members. ;)
[/quote]

See, that is exactly what I was thinking. :D

[quote name='D34th' date='06 June 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1275793044' post='2325650']
[img]http://www.ayo4theo.com/stuff/pics/haters-gonna-hate.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Sorry, but this is not an adequate response to anything. If you can't be bothered to outline your issues with what he said in even the most basic form, then don't bother. By posting that picture in reply to an argument you are basically saying: 'this guy is being mean, I can't argue with his logic but I don't like what he's saying because it's against my friends, so hopefully a gif calling him a hater will win the day'. It's unbelievably childish and stupid.

It's nothing personal on you at all by the way, I've just seen this picture used several times in the last few days as some kind of magic catch-all response to use when someone insults a person's alliance or their allies and it is just plain moronic.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Lukcia' date='06 June 2010 - 05:20 AM' timestamp='1275819599' post='2326116']
Sounds like someone had a hissy fit when they found out Peggy was resigning. Nice reaction. I just wish I was there. xD

Also you cannot accuse others of treason and spying when you have your own spy to spy on your own members. ;)
[/quote]

[quote name='warlordnazrag' date='06 June 2010 - 06:00 AM' timestamp='1275821995' post='2326137']
See, that is exactly what I was thinking. :D
[/quote]

Treason , means disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government. Treason is any attempt to overthrow the government [b] or impair the well-being of a state to whichone owes allegiance[/b][b]; [/b] [u]the crime of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.
[/u]
Sedition is any act, writing, speech, etc., directed unlawfully against state authority, the government, or constitution, or calculated to bring it into contempt [b]or to incite others to hostility, ill will or disaffection;[/b] it does not amount to treason and therefore is not a capital offense.

Watching one's own members is not treason nor even sedition.

Words have specific meanings and we are working in a venue of words.

Back to the topic -- UPN has had enough of the above to last quite a long time. Like ProdigyNL, I hope UPN has a period of quiet.

As an ally of UPN, I'm extremely glad that things seem to be stable. And I also am glad that Peggy didn't resign and all this business.

[quote name='greene345' date='05 June 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1275790808' post='2325593']
[i]I apologize ahead of time, not sure what's In Character and Out Of Character here...[/i]

Alright, so starting back a week or so ago, members began being seemingly very unhappy with Peggy.

There were a few who alluded to the talk of getting her out of her role as UPN’s leader.

I liked Peggy, and I though her to be very good for UPN, so I took it upon myself to find out who the people behind the talks were.

I started sending out little innuendos suggesting I too was unhappy with Peggy.

I played the part of a double agent very well, it seems, considering the person who finally stood up, GreatWhiteHurricane, had no idea that I was really a pro-Peggy member.

Any who, I on the morning of June 5 (talking in server time), GreatWhiteHurricane had a chat with Peggy, and Peggy resigned. She posted both into IRC and onto the forums.

In an act of severe protest, I kicked everyone in #upn an extremely enormous amount of times.

I then proceeded to remove everyone from the access list of #upn except for SOPS and FOUNDER.

Going further along, I removed the access lists just as I had done in #upn for #upn2 and #upn3, the members and gov channel respectively.

I resigned as a member of UPN, and joined Europa. Afterward, I went to sleep.

I wake up later on June 5th to find that she had actually decided not to resign (which I believe to be a good thing)
[/quote]

As for you, Greene. I find that your actions were idiotic, misplaced and completely and utterly useless. I know that Peggy has cleared you, but I think you sir are the one at fault. Despite the actions of others, the actions you took only worsened the situation and complicated things furthered.

Europa, good luck with this one.

P.S. When there's a rumor of a leak on your ship, you don't give the order to abandon ship. Especially without life boats. Sorry for the analogy, it was the nicest way to put it.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 04:40 AM' timestamp='1275824385' post='2326157']
Sorry, but this is not an adequate response to anything. If you can't be bothered to outline your issues with what he said in even the most basic form, then don't bother. By posting that picture in reply to an argument you are basically saying: 'this guy is being mean, I can't argue with his logic but I don't like what he's saying because it's against my friends, so hopefully a gif calling him a hater will win the day'. It's unbelievably childish and stupid.
[/quote]

So you are saying that the image he posted annoys you because it doesn't detail a counter argument. M6 Redneck's statement was that UPN is a treacherous alliance and that he hopes they do poorly. Beyond the fact that M6's post consists of an insult to the alliance and negative wishes for the future why pick apart his post when a simple picture would suffice for your feelings towards the statement?

As for Peggy still being around it is nice to see. I am sure the shenanigans will stop soon.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='06 June 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1275824385' post='2326157']

It's nothing personal on you at all by the way, I've just seen this picture used several times in the last few days as some kind of magic catch-all response to use when someone insults a person's alliance or their allies and it is just plain moronic.
[/quote]

Do you think that a person like M6 deserves that I lose more than a time to post a gif to refute his posts? Serveral people before me posted reasons and arguments about why UPN chose neutrality and if he refused to believe in them why he'll believe in me? Peole like him after so much nuisance deserves to be ignored and if you don't think like me ok but I'll keep doing the same thing for posters like him.

The whole kerfuffle should have ended as DRAGON has been set up and Greene leaving means UPN can recover like she always does. =)

Looking forward for UPN is what they do best and I know they'll be fine within the month. As Peggy said, this is a summer to look forward to.

(I am just upset our leaving came at such a time.)

[quote name='D34th' date='06 June 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1275849908' post='2326536']
Do you think that a person like M6 deserves that I lose more than a time to post a gif to refute his posts?
[/quote]
Yes, we get it, he's irrelevant, you're government in a sanctioned alliance, also you guys never betrayed anyone, it was all a big misunderstanding.

Haflinger D32th is not Govt but most certainly is entitled to his own opinion and the rest is off topic.

For those wanting to dump on UPN for being stuck in the middle on occasion, very few of us haven't at some stage been in a situation where you couldn't support either side over the other. Having the guts to admit it and take the PR hit over the easy road of just joining the winners is a strength not a weakness.

o/ UPN
We are just glad you have this resolved.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='06 June 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1275859960' post='2326757']
Yes, we get it, he's irrelevant, you're government in a sanctioned alliance, also you guys never betrayed anyone, it was all a big misunderstanding.
[/quote]

I don't know who this D32th tha Dajabo talked about is but I'm not gov and never was and yes for me he's irrelevant.