Relax and Enjoy the Ride

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My face and palm are still very sore from Greene's antics last night. I am happy to see that you were not couped as you are definitely a much need voice of intelligence in that alliance.

I must say that it does deeply sadden me to see UPN turning away from its historical allies in CDT and in Purqua and going towards ODN and NpO. It was not that long ago that UPN and Invicta were triple MDoAP tied to each other and now you have only an ODP. Your statement earlier in this thread basically guarantees that you will not defend any of your treatied allies who are not allied to ODN or NpO. I won't argue that things do change, but there is something to be said for consistency and loyalty. At least you are having more class than LoSS and giving your soon to be former allies warning that you are moving away from them instead of cancelling all treaties in one fell swoop.

(OOC: Oh, that's where that message went. Guess that shows me for using a secondary e-mail for CN. <_< )

IC: Peggy, I don't know you that well, but I can only wish you the best of luck in righting UPN's ship of state, and I look forward with interest to see the places UPN can go. :)

(Also, Duncan, Polaris was UPN's first ally, and helped UPN out in several situations very early on in UPN's existence (I'm sure you may remember some of those from your time as NATO's MoIA - yes, my memory does extend that far back :P). There are other things I'm sure I could dip into, but I felt that that portion in particular needed clarification.)

[quote name='Duncan King' date='05 June 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1275778454' post='2325196']
My face and palm are still very sore from Greene's antics last night. I am happy to see that you were not couped as you are definitely a much need voice of intelligence in that alliance.

I must say that it does deeply sadden me to see UPN turning away from its historical allies in CDT and in Purqua and going towards ODN and NpO. It was not that long ago that UPN and Invicta were triple MDoAP tied to each other and now you have only an ODP. Your statement earlier in this thread basically guarantees that you will not defend any of your treatied allies who are not allied to ODN or NpO. I won't argue that things do change, but there is something to be said for consistency and loyalty. At least you are having more class than LoSS and giving your soon to be former allies warning that you are moving away from them instead of cancelling all treaties in one fell swoop.
[/quote]

Actually, I think it's more Invicta and NATO moving away from CDT and UPN choosing the CDT crowd. It is not UPN moving away from CDT and toward ODN and NpO. That is fairly easy to see because NATO and Invicta left CDT, but UPN stayed. Sometimes when some of your friends want burgers and some want pizza you just have to make the choice that better suits you and go with that group of friends.

Edited by Omniscient1

[i]I apologize ahead of time, not sure what's In Character and Out Of Character here...[/i]

Alright, so starting back a week or so ago, members began being seemingly very unhappy with Peggy.

There were a few who alluded to the talk of getting her out of her role as UPN’s leader.

I liked Peggy, and I though her to be very good for UPN, so I took it upon myself to find out who the people behind the talks were.

I started sending out little innuendos suggesting I too was unhappy with Peggy.

I played the part of a double agent very well, it seems, considering the person who finally stood up, GreatWhiteHurricane, had no idea that I was really a pro-Peggy member.

Any who, I on the morning of June 5 (talking in server time), GreatWhiteHurricane had a chat with Peggy, and Peggy resigned. She posted both into IRC and onto the forums.

In an act of severe protest, I kicked everyone in #upn an extremely enormous amount of times.

I then proceeded to remove everyone from the access list of #upn except for SOPS and FOUNDER.

Going further along, I removed the access lists just as I had done in #upn for #upn2 and #upn3, the members and gov channel respectively.

I resigned as a member of UPN, and joined Europa. Afterward, I went to sleep.

I wake up later on June 5th to find that she had actually decided not to resign (which I believe to be a good thing)

Good to know that Peggy, we haven't talked for a while butif you need anything let me know ;)

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='06 June 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1275791517' post='2325613']
Who cares?

A traitorous alliance is a traitorous alliance no-matter who takes the helm.

Best wishes in steering UPN towards the depths it deserves.

\M/6
[/quote]

[img]http://www.ayo4theo.com/stuff/pics/haters-gonna-hate.gif[/img]

[center][b]When Doves Fly[/b]
[left]To clear a few questions: I hold no ill will toward Greene345 and do not wish to pursue a trial or anything of that nature.
Greene345 worked with the best intentions and has been my friend.

Greene345 is free to join our friends in Europa; Deebo has communicated with me.
Greene345 will be protected by Europa and her allies.[/left] [/center]

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='05 June 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1275793891' post='2325667']
[center][b]When Doves Fly[/b]
[left]To clear a few questions: I hold no ill will toward Greene345 and do not wish to pursue a trial or anything of that nature.
Greene345 worked with the best intentions and has been my friend.

Greene345 is free to join our friends in Europa; Deebo has communicated with me.
Greene345 will be protected by Europa and her allies.[/left] [/center]
[/quote]

Peggy, you're a great person and an even greater leader! Gotta luv Peggy!

[quote name='greene345' date='05 June 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1275790808' post='2325593']
[i]I apologize ahead of time, not sure what's In Character and Out Of Character here...[/i]

Alright, so starting back a week or so ago, members began being seemingly very unhappy with Peggy.

There were a few who alluded to the talk of getting her out of her role as UPN’s leader.

I liked Peggy, and I though her to be very good for UPN, so I took it upon myself to find out who the people behind the talks were.

I played the part of a double agent very well, it seems, considering the person who finally stood up, GreatWhiteHurricane, had no idea that I was really a pro-Peggy member.

Any who, I on the morning of June 5 (talking in server time), GreatWhiteHurricane had a chat with Peggy, and Peggy resigned. She posted both into IRC and onto the forums.

In an act of severe protest, I kicked everyone in #upn an extremely enormous amount of times.

I then proceeded to remove everyone from the access list of #upn except for SOPS and FOUNDER.

Going further along, I removed the access lists just as I had done in #upn for #upn2 and #upn3, the members and gov channel respectively.

I wake up later on June 5th to find that she had actually decided not to resign (which I believe to be a good thing)
[/quote]

In this year's [u]Moldavi Rebellion: The Musical[/u] revival, the role of Electron Sponge is taken on by newcomer to the stage GreatWhiteHurricane, with a sound performance by veteran Peggy_Sue in the role of TrotskysRevenge.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='05 June 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1275794044' post='2325671']
In this year's [u]Moldavi Rebellion: The Musical[/u] revival, the role of Electron Sponge is taken on by newcomer to the stage GreatWhiteHurricane, with a sound performance by veteran Peggy_Sue in the role of TrotskysRevenge.
[/quote]

[img]http://img4.cookinglight.com/i/2009/01/0901px-laughing-l.jpg[/img]

Thanks, I needed that laugh.

[quote name='D34th' date='05 June 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1275793044' post='2325650']
Good to know that Peggy, we haven't talked for a while butif you need anything let me know ;)

[/quote]

This is me agreeing with d34th. Go somewhere else to harass UPN.

[quote name='D34th' date='05 June 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1275793044' post='2325650']

[/quote]
It is a shame that that seems to be all they ever do.

Edited by Style #386

[quote name='joracy' date='05 June 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1275794751' post='2325690']
This is me agreeing with d34th. Go somewhere else to harass UPN.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. In fact, I would say just don't harass them and save us all a few seconds.

[quote name='greene345' date='06 June 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1275790808' post='2325593']

[/quote]
Sounds like someone had a hissy fit when they found out Peggy was resigning. Nice reaction. I just wish I was there. xD

Also you cannot accuse others of treason and spying when you have your own spy to spy on your own members. ;)

Wonderful, congratulations on clearing out the undesirables and good luck in driving UPN forward. I hope this means I won't be receiving anymore queries or amsgs about this little fiasco.

[quote name='Style #386' date='06 June 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1275798825' post='2325800']
It is a shame that that seems to be all they ever do.
[/quote]

Here's my mandatory hate, then;

:mad::mad::mad::mad: