GOONS Announcement

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='24 May 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1274722702' post='2310354']
but for whatever reason the same people 180ed and decided that Salithus, Lamuella, and Sardonic, could be trusted with the same culture that Alastor and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2116"]banned member[/url] could not, even though both sets of leaders disavowed the actions of 404, hels, Crapolia, etc. Their decision might have come down to something as simple as passage of time, it might be as ironic as a failure to understand that they were coronating members of the Sept 2007 graduating class of Neutral Shoving. Alastor and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2116"]banned member[/url] would have done things as differently as Lamuella and Sardonic, it's just that the two were not given a chance and the other two were.
[/quote]
That's probably because banned member and Alastor were part of the old GOONS gov and weren't trusted whereas Sardonic was simply a member at the time. Salithus wasn't even in Neutral Shoving.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='24 May 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1274722702' post='2310354']
So, yes, the actions of a few brought the roof down, but it was the refusal of our enemies to consider peace that brought about the June 11 disbandment by Alastor. Negligence and Sadism has more and more of the same grunts (who wer always innocent) every day, Sardonic and Lamuella were both Neutral Shoving, but for whatever reason the same people 180ed and decided that Salithus, Lamuella, and Sardonic, could be trusted with the same culture that Alastor and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2116"]banned member[/url] could not, even though both sets of leaders disavowed the actions of 404, hels, Crapolia, etc. Their decision might have come down to something as simple as passage of time, it might be as ironic as a failure to understand that they were coronating members of the Sept 2007 graduating class of Neutral Shoving.
[/quote]
There was no "failure to understand" anything. Throughout the long negotiations to secure our return we were completely up-front about everything that we had to do with the old GOONS. Additionally you make it out like I was a major player in the old GOONS, I wasn't. I wasn't even a squad leader. I may have been in the culture, but I was essentially a foot-soldier, hardly a member of some grand graduating class.

The primary reason we were able to secure our return is the primary reason we have been so successful in the past year. We know diplomacy. We've had plenty of experience with it in other places, we know better than to slag off on somebody who does not bear us ill will, and we are always up front and willing to discuss our issues. It was no mistake that we were able to secure a protectorate from NpO. On its face it looked impossible, the two alliances which could not be more different signing a treaty of protection. But NpO listened, they gave us a second chance. We explained to them fully our intentions, who we were, and where we were going and it was eventually signed and ratified. Diplomacy, not brute force, is our ability.

[quote]
I'm glad you're finding success, I am hopeful you can understand my analysis as cold and not an accusation, I would have preferred rehab in 2008 with the same acronym.
[/quote]
Well I'm sorry we're not living up to your expectations.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='24 May 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1274732559' post='2310440']
Well I'm sorry we're not living up to your expectations.
[/quote]

For some people, we'll never meet their expectations simply because of who we are and will always compare us to the past.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='24 May 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1274722702' post='2310354']
That's what I said :) Neutral Shoving was around for 9 months after the flag went missing.

I have to apply a slightly different interpretation. After the crap hit the fan, most of the gov (the ones that hadn't already been banned) destroyed their nations and left 900 of us holding the bill. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2116"]banned member[/url] and Alastor were both mortified by THE incident, but the powers that be decided that Neutral Shoving could never be given peace regardless of who was in charge or who was left. So, yes, the actions of a few brought the roof down, but it was the refusal of our enemies to consider peace that brought about the June 11 disbandment by Alastor. Negligence and Sadism has more and more of the same grunts (who wer always innocent) every day, Sardonic and Lamuella were both Neutral Shoving, but for whatever reason the same people 180ed and decided that Salithus, Lamuella, and Sardonic, could be trusted with the same culture that Alastor and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2116"]banned member[/url] could not, even though both sets of leaders disavowed the actions of 404, hels, Crapolia, etc. Their decision might have come down to something as simple as passage of time, it might be as ironic as a failure to understand that they were coronating members of the Sept 2007 graduating class of Neutral Shoving. Alastor and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=2116"]banned member[/url] would have done things as differently as Lamuella and Sardonic, it's just that the two were not given a chance and the other two were.

I'm glad you're finding success, I am hopeful you can understand my analysis as cold and not an accusation, I would have preferred rehab in 2008 with the same acronym.
[/quote]

You forgot the importance of miniputt at the time.

Also, Alastor was awesome. I remember the long talks I had with him, the long talks I had with the rest of ODN gov't to convince them to [i]talk[/i] to him and IRON beating the drums of war to roll us for talking to ... *gasp* ... GOONS. If you ever hear from Alastor and Sara, tell them I said hi.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' date='24 May 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1274735231' post='2310473']
IRON beating the drums of war to roll us for talking to ... *gasp* ... GOONS.
[/quote]

Heh. Glad I wasn't the only one caught up in that.

[quote name='potato' date='24 May 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1274735231' post='2310473']
If you ever hear from Alastor and Sara, tell them I said hi.
[/quote]

I've contacted her through the aether and she says "whatup".

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='24 May 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1274674064' post='2309894']
I'll be honest, at first I was in the first 1/3 you speak of, however over the last year I have come to know you and I am now rather glad your around.
Great flag.
Congrats
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'll be honest as well. I was at first among those that thought it kind to give GOONS a chance. Then as I got to know you I realized that you displayed the exact same behaviors that made me despise GOONS v1 (no, you're not the same alliance - they were better), \m/ (both original and lite), GOD, and many others.

Furthermore, the fact you had to mentioned my name in a flag announcement further adds evidence to supporting that you do have a petty grudge against me. Nonetheless, there really is nothing to criticize here or boil my blood - you've let me down today - so I will just go ahead and congratulate you. Carry on.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 May 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1274737015' post='2310502']
[color="#0000FF"]I'll be honest as well. I was at first among those that thought it kind to give GOONS a chance. Then as I got to know you I realized that you displayed the exact same behaviors that made me despise GOONS v1 (no, you're not the same alliance - they were better), \m/ (both original and lite), GOD, and many others.

Furthermore, the fact you had to mentioned my name in a flag announcement further adds evidence to supporting that you do have a petty grudge against me. Nonetheless, there really is nothing to criticize here or boil my blood - you've let me down today - so I will just go ahead and congratulate you. Carry on.[/color]
[/quote]Not so much a petty grudge so much as you are one of the more... [i]vocal[/i] members of the :(( GOONS :(( Cavalry. We name you out of honouring your sheer number of posts against us, sir! It is a compliment [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img].

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 May 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1274737015' post='2310502']

Furthermore, the fact you had to mentioned my name in a flag announcement further adds evidence to supporting that you do have a petty grudge against me. Nonetheless,[b] there really is nothing to criticize here[/b] or boil my blood - you've let me down today - so I will just go ahead and congratulate you. Carry on.[/color]
[/quote]

And yet you criticize us in the first set of sentences of your post. How ironic.

Edited by Choson

[quote name='Lamuella' date='24 May 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1274737723' post='2310516']
certainly we're the ones with the petty grudge. Hey, remember all those threads Rebel Virginia started where we showed up and went on and on about how horrible he was? Good times.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You're an alliance. If you don't like criticism might I suggest not doing anything at all? Try taking the path of WTF. They don't do a thing. Guess what? No one hates them. But you're not like that, and I can respect that small bit about things. You're too good to be boring. You actually do things, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

Anyway, I have congratulated you on your obtaining of a flag. I am quite sure that we can continue the rest of this conversation some other day.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 May 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1274738091' post='2310521']
[color="#0000FF"]You're an alliance. If you don't like criticism might I suggest not doing anything at all? Try taking the path of WTF. They don't do a thing. Guess what? No one hates them. But you're not like that, and I can respect that small bit about things. You're too good to be boring. You actually do things, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

Anyway, I have congratulated you on your obtaining of a flag. I am quite sure that we can continue the rest of this conversation some other day.[/color]
[/quote]...A compliment? From RV?

Is this where I lower my guard now and then something leaps out of his mouth and swallows me whole?

[quote name='Dajobo' date='24 May 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1274740581' post='2310574']
I skipped all the stuff from the OP to here. Congratulations Goons, on each occasion we work together it's always a pleasure.
o/ Sexy flag
[/quote]
Thank you for the kind words.