A joint announcement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='21 May 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1274397172' post='2305930']
[font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]So we can take them down together? Alright. You guys have fun.[/font]
[/quote]
You are welcome to try, though the last thing I remember Nemesis bringing down was the average IQ of this world.

I think you should include a clause in there that should state that should an announcement be posted that states that this treaty will never be canceled, the alliance in question should be obliged to keep their word and not cancel the treaty anyway. So we don't have a repeat of the Ordinance of Orders.

[quote name='Cager' date='23 May 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1274670724' post='2309834']
I think you should include a clause in there that should state that should an announcement be posted that states that this treaty will never be canceled, the alliance in question should be obliged to keep their word and not cancel the treaty anyway. So we don't have a repeat of the Ordinance of Orders.
[/quote]
OH. Thanks for comparing us to a relationship that dominated [ooc] this game [ooc] for quite sometime though, im glad people see that much potential in us.

[quote name='Cager' date='23 May 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1274670724' post='2309834']
[/quote]

You have to try harder.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Thank you for showing your ignorance in regards to the relationship between the Orders. Polar and Pacifica had to part because they had different friends, each who happened to be the enemy of the other. It was an inevitability that took years to happen. I will not claim to predict the future, but the relationship between the Sith and Pacifcans is a result of the fact that we share a similar goal. Plus, last time I checked this treaty did have a cancellation clause. Nice try though, although you're obviously not up to par with your buddies in MK. To be fair, I am not quite sure if that last statement is a compliment or an insult, so take it as you will.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 May 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1274737296' post='2310509']
[color="#0000FF"]Thank you for showing your ignorance in regards to the relationship between the Orders. Polar and Pacifica had to part because they had different friends, each who happened to be the enemy of the other. It was an inevitability that took years to happen. I will not claim to predict the future, but the relationship between the Sith and Pacifcans is a result of the fact that we share a similar goal. Plus, last time I checked this treaty did have a cancellation clause. Nice try though, although you're obviously not up to par with your buddies in MK. To be fair, I am not quite sure if that last statement is a complement or an insult, so take it as you will.[/color]
[/quote]

...but that doesn't [i]quite[/i] make sense, RV....and I think you know that. Regardless of having 'different friends who are enemies', if you have a treaty that has been deemed unbreakable, it takes precedence over 'friendships'. Also, I don't see why you have to answer him in that tone without provocation. The leader of Facepunch recently did the same to you, and a herd of NSO came out of the wordworks to defend you...not as if you need it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='nippy' date='24 May 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1274739461' post='2310552']
...but that doesn't [i]quite[/i] make sense, RV....and I think you know that. Regardless of having 'different friends who are enemies', if you have a treaty that has been deemed unbreakable, it takes precedence over 'friendships'. Also, I don't see why you have to answer him in that tone without provocation. The leader of Facepunch recently did the same to you, and a herd of NSO came out of the wordworks to defend you...not as if you need it. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You had to try pretty hard to work the FacePunch incident into this conversation, but you managed, didn't you?

[quote name='Corinan' date='25 May 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1274741864' post='2310596']
You had to try pretty hard to work the FacePunch incident into this conversation, but you managed, didn't you?
[/quote]

Miraculously, I don't clear my brain every time I post in a new thread. What I've seen and done in the past carries on, somehow.

The post in question could be seen as a snide remark about parallel history between the Orders. A shrewd man would use such a statement to poke up some dissension between Pacifica and us. Of course, that's just stupid. I don't know what his intentions were in making such a remark, but I can tell you that RV probably saw some hostility in it.

And I don't know why you had to bring up the FB comment. That has absolutely nothing to do with this topic and possibly one of the worst analogies that you can make for how RV responded.

[quote name='nippy' date='24 May 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1274739461' post='2310552']
[/quote]

I do hope you realize that we all were laughing and amused about the MoD going bat !@#$ on RV in addition to the lame attempts of defense you guys used against us. That's really all there is to it.

The unbreakable treaties that NPO held with Polar and MHA show how stupid unbreakable treaties are, not to mention the current fiasco with the 'unbreakable treaty' between MHA and GRE. We're both not going to continue that silly habit dated from '06 and '07, even if it has some kind of romantic appeal to some today.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='25 May 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1274742869' post='2310614']
And I don't know why you had to bring up the FB comment. That has absolutely nothing to do with this topic and possibly one of the worst analogies that you can make for how RV responded.
[/quote]

Worst analogies? It fit perfectly. Someone made a benign inquiry that was answered with an undue amount of hostility. I brought up a perfect example of that happening TO RV. Not sure why you're so opposed to that, but whatever.

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='25 May 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1274743810' post='2310624']
I do hope you realize that we all were laughing and amused about the MoD going bat !@#$ on RV in addition to the lame attempts of defense you guys used against us. That's really all there is to it.

[/quote]

You were 'laughing and amused' despite your cries of horror upon viewing his unexpected retort? Nice performance. I'll be sure to look out for the 'NSO drama bomb' in future posts of yours.

[quote name='nippy' date='24 May 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1274739461' post='2310552']
[/quote]
Let's not go there. This thread is not about RV or Facepunch.

Edit: Too Late, Warned.

Edited by Harry Dresden
Too late

I'll stipulate that non-cancellation clauses are not only silly in general, but also unneeded in this specific case. The Sith-Pacifican relationship is plenty strong, thank-you-very-much.

Edited by heggo