An Announcement From The Legion

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='08 May 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1273330556' post='2291307']
As brought up by others, this is basically symbolic as Legion still holds treaties of a higher level than Poseidon with every Poseidon signatory other than Olympus. This had been discussed several times in the past and each time eventually shot down, I wonder what prompted the change in opinion
[/quote]

Sorry to be the boogie man here but that Legion still holds treaties with other alliances doesn't mean those won't get cancelled as well. It's not the first time it have happened. However, this doesn't mean they will cancel but the option remains :P

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='08 May 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1273334140' post='2291346']
Sorry to be the boogie man here but that Legion still holds treaties with other alliances doesn't mean those won't get cancelled as well. It's not the first time it have happened. However, this doesn't mean they will cancel but the option remains :P
[/quote]

Thats very true, yet considering that I was #2 of The Legion just 2 months ago and have stayed fairly well informed about their policies through various sources, I'm doubting the likelihood of them pulling a LoSS out of the blue. However, if they do decide to go that route I'd be impressed at how someone managed to make the powers that be make a full 180. Time to propose that iFOK-Legion MDoAP eh?

[quote name='Buffalo Niagara' date='08 May 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1273329225' post='2291292']
However, most of purple is still tied to each other via individual treaties. This is a reshuffle of priorities by some. TBH, the larger alliances leaving just tells me they have other plans. Some have stated lack of direction or different interests. TBH a larger alliance leaving a bloc over differences of opinion honestly tells me some other things about that alliance and its strengths, not things about the bloc itself.

That being said, I wish Legion the best in your travels. I've had some really interesting conversations with you all and look forward to continued relations regardless of treaty situation.
[/quote]
You honestly think so?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='08 May 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1273335125' post='2291360']
Didn't know Invicta had left, when did that happen?
[/quote]

Invicta left a bit after this war wrapped up, UPN left pre-war, Legion has left, and iFOK and some other Stickman alliance are both larger than the remaining Poseidon signatories, so the 5 largest Purple alliances aren't in it.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='08 May 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1273334623' post='2291352']
Thats very true, yet considering that I was #2 of The Legion just 2 months ago and have stayed fairly well informed about their policies through various sources, I'm doubting the likelihood of them pulling a LoSS out of the blue. However, if they do decide to go that route I'd be impressed at how someone managed to make the powers that be make a full 180. Time to propose that iFOK-Legion MDoAP eh?
[/quote]

Fair enough. I guess time will tell if this is the start of a new FA direction or that it is just to cut down on redundancy.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='08 May 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1273334623' post='2291352']
Thats very true, yet considering that I was #2 of The Legion just 2 months ago and have stayed fairly well informed about their policies through various sources, I'm doubting the likelihood of them pulling a LoSS out of the blue. However, if they do decide to go that route I'd be impressed at how someone managed to make the powers that be make a full 180.[/quote]
Actually, Legion dropping out of the ex-Hegemony orbit would represent a return to the alliance's roots, and therefore a (very delayed) 360.

(This ex-Legionnaire tends to take the long view.)

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='08 May 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1273307657' post='2291190']
This seems like a smart move. Good job, Legion.
[/quote]

I disagree.. I'm disheartened by the slow drifting of relations in the Purple sphere... I was there when this all came to fruition and know that the purple alliances are a great group. I hope that in time, relations can regrow to the "Purple Love" that all the alliances once shared! Best of luck to Legion and the remaining members of P.E.A.C.E. :wub:

May Purple once again be united in strength and purpose.

oo/

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='08 May 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1273338082' post='2291452']
Fair enough. I guess time will tell if this is the start of a new FA direction or that it is just to cut down on redundancy.
[/quote]

I still say you should push that iFOK-Legion treaty you know you've been keeping in your hope chest.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='08 May 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1273338601' post='2291460']
Actually, Legion dropping out of the ex-Hegemony orbit would represent a return to the alliance's roots, and therefore a (very delayed) 360.

[/quote]

Thats true. One can always hope right?

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='08 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1273335804' post='2291382']
Invicta left a bit after this war wrapped up, UPN left pre-war, Legion has left, and iFOK and some other Stickman alliance are both larger than the remaining Poseidon signatories, so the 5 largest Purple alliances aren't in it.
[/quote]
M*A*S*H and iFOK are the third and fourth-largest purple alliances, respectively.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='08 May 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1273338601' post='2291460']

[/quote]

Thing is, both power spheres have traditional Legion enemies.

NPO or \m/...

The great thing about having such a long history is that we're basically following our roots whoever we decide to try and kill. It's great!

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='08 May 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1273346480' post='2291579']

NPO or \m/...

The great thing about having such a long history is that we're basically following our roots whoever we decide to try and kill. It's great!
[/quote]

Ha, always looking on the positive side Linc. Hopefully this turns out well for The Legion

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='08 May 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1273346480' post='2291579']

NPO or \m/...

[/quote]

We're traditional enemies? We only attacked you for no good reason once.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='08 May 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1273347247' post='2291594']
We're traditional enemies? We only attacked you for no good reason once.
[/quote]

LOL. True, and we returned the favor, but with a good reason. :P

As Imperator of the Legion, I can safely say the Legion has no plans whatsoever in canceling any of our treaties with the remaining Poseidon signatories.