Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Imperial

An Announcement From The Legion

[center][img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/LegionFlag.png[/img]

[img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/FM.png[/img]

[color="#800080"][b][size="4"]An Announcement From The Legion Regarding Poseidon[/size][/b][/color]
[/center][center]
[/center]
[quote][b]Article XI: Withdrawal[/b]

Member alliances are free to withdraw from the agreement at any time, provided they have given one-hundred and twenty (120) hours written notice to all other member alliances, or immediately through the mutual consent of all members.[/quote]

Earlier this week, The Legion gave notice to fellow Poseidon members of our intention to withdraw from the treaty bloc. Tonight, we officially announce our withdrawal from the P.E.A.C.E. MDoAP Bloc. We wish the remaining members all the best and will continue to work with our neighbors for the betterment of the sphere.

[indent][i]Signed,[/i]
[img]http://www.avelegio.net/images/seal.png[/img]
Hubb, Imperator
Watcher, Proconsul
Feibelman, Minister of Defense
The Arbiter, Minister of Economics
Imperial, Minister of Foreign Affairs
the god of lightning, Minister of Internal Affairs
[/indent]

Are you still part of the economic part or is this a full cancellation?

Either way, looks like tough times for Poseidon, not much of a team unity treaty when you're missing the three biggest alliances.

Hmm, seems like a big move. Best of luck to everyone involved in this.

Matt, stop by our embassy, I'd like to ask about this ;)

Sorry to see this happen. Good luck to our friends in P.E.A.C.E. I'm sure you guys will bounce back.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 May 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1273290333' post='2291013']
Are you still part of the economic part or is this a full cancellation?[/quote]

We currently have a senator as apart of the PEACE senate rotation for this month so we will be abiding by PEACE protocol. Beyond this, we are still examining long term options.

BAPS Val and Olympus are only ones left in Poseidon

saw this coming a while ago, good luck to legion :)

Interesting move indeed.

Good luck to you guys.

Expected, but I agree with most of the other posters and say congrats on this intelligent move Legion. Good luck in the future :)

Best of luck to Legion from now on; I'm excited to see what happens!

)): The Arbiter )):

A sad but necessary prerequisite to your upcoming move to Green.

Good luck, Legion.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 May 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1273290333' post='2291013']
Either way, looks like tough times for Poseidon, not much of a team unity treaty when you're missing the three biggest alliances.
[/quote]
Five biggest, actually.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='08 May 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1273311732' post='2291202']
I'm sure it was a tough decision, but its good to see none the less.
[/quote]

But their still allied by MDoAP to BAPS and Valhalla. Unless they plan to cancel on them as well, this is meaningless. Legion is just disturbing the little Unity purple had left.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 May 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1273321289' post='2291242']
Good luck, Legion.

Five biggest, actually.
[/quote]
However, most of purple is still tied to each other via individual treaties. This is a reshuffle of priorities by some. TBH, the larger alliances leaving just tells me they have other plans. Some have stated lack of direction or different interests. TBH a larger alliance leaving a bloc over differences of opinion honestly tells me some other things about that alliance and its strengths, not things about the bloc itself.

That being said, I wish Legion the best in your travels. I've had some really interesting conversations with you all and look forward to continued relations regardless of treaty situation.

As brought up by others, this is basically symbolic as Legion still holds treaties of a higher level than Poseidon with every Poseidon signatory other than Olympus. This had been discussed several times in the past and each time eventually shot down, I wonder what prompted the change in opinion