DoE of /b/

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Comrade Korey' date='27 April 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1272397945' post='2277527']
Hopefully you guys get 8 trillion members overnight, I always find it interesting when that happens. Do what you want, as long as it isn't against the Terms of Service or forum rules. Oh, and keep everything IC. We're all in this game for some drama, so why are you all complaining?
[/quote]

Drama is fun, but the last /b/ took us far beyond the realm of drama and into the land of felonies.

There are still some of us who were around, and even online for (like me) Dark Friday. To those who were not, I say this; The wiki summary as bad as it as, is not nearly so terrible as the actual events.

Ah, please tell me you'll do more terrible things and draw our combined wrath upon you like a hurricane. It's so satisfying to be morally outraged, after all. Oh Wai-

Seriously dude, good luck in this stuff. You'll have alot of haters, but they hated on \m/ and GOONS when they came back too. Just don't mess it up by /b/ombing the boards. Then, well...instant pixel death.

The original /b/ went bye-bye before I came to the world of Bob but I've heard nothing but bad things about them. I'm sure you'll strive to match up to their high level of fail in order to honor their memory. Don't let us down.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' date='27 April 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1272397945' post='2277527']
Hopefully you guys get 8 trillion members overnight, I always find it interesting when that happens. Do what you want, as long as it isn't against the Terms of Service or forum rules. Oh, and keep everything IC. We're all in this game for some drama, so why are you all complaining?
[/quote]
I'm hoping that they follow the laws of Planet Bob and recruit many more nations if only to get the numbers back up to GWIII days when we had 40K nations. Also, tech sellers. I'd like my $3M/150 tech deals back.

Good luck, have fun and all that other stuff everyone else is echoing as if it wasn't said before.

If you need tech deals to grow shoot me a pm. I'm a buyer.
[quote name='Lamuella' date='27 April 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1272396709' post='2277501']
question for the OP:

Did you check with anyone before doing this?

The name "GOONS" was slightly less mired in mud than that of /b/, but it still wasn't exactly squeaky clean. We spent over a month talking behind closed doors to even be allowed to start an alliance with the same acronym. Please tell me that before your big "oh hi, we're back" thread, you sat down and chatted with a few major players.
[/quote]
Considering he wasn't aware of /b/'s previous incarnations let alone their past I think you know the answer to your question.

[quote name='Hyperbad' date='27 April 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1272399436' post='2277557']
Considering he wasn't aware of /b/'s previous incarnations let alone their past I think you know the answer to your question.
[/quote]
I beg to differ, see the OP (emphasis mine):

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='26 April 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1272343610' post='2276948']
Greetings CN, [b]we meet again[/b]. On behalf of /b/, I would like to welcome you all to our new alliance. [b]We know the history of those who came before us[/b], and we strive to overcome it, whilst still standing proud. I would like to formally begin this process by declaring the [b]re-existence[/b] of the alliance of /b/ as we forge a new path. Thank you all, and wish us good endeavors as we build our alliance.
[/quote]

From what I remember, everyone actually respected the original /b/ because they were a quiet, neutral alliance on green and whatnot. Obviously their actions were reprehensible, but every alliance deserves a second chance. GOONS got it, VE got it, Genmay would probably get it (but no Genmayer will ever put forth the effort to recreate it), Nordreich got it, and of course, [s]LUE[/s]MK got it too :smug:

My advice to /b/: If you are serious, set up a legitimate forum, find an alliance that is willing to protect you, draft a charter, start tech dealing (be reputable, and on time with it), and I think you guys could do well.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='27 April 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1272399814' post='2277563']
I beg to differ, see the OP (emphasis mine):
[/quote]
Interesting why did I read that differently. Meh, maybe a previous link threw me off. Anywho, I stand corrected.

[quote name='Utracia' date='27 April 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1272399232' post='2277554']
The original /b/ went bye-bye before I came to the world of Bob but I've heard nothing but bad things about them. I'm sure you'll strive to match up to their high level of fail in order to honor their memory. Don't let us down.
[/quote]

Well done on harassing something that you have never had any experience or contact with.

Edited by Lennox

[quote name='Pyroman' date='27 April 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1272397654' post='2277522']
That would be completely un/b/ like. They don't care what major players want/think, and I don't blame them for that one bit.

As for this "new" adaption of /b/, good luck not spamming the politics board with CP and gore. Quite honestly if your intentions were to forge a new path, you'd have picked a different name.
[/quote]

Well actually, like I said before, some /b/ came and talked to us a month or so ago about coming back and were "doing it right", so obviously some of them were looking to do things in a manner such as GOONS did. From what I understand this group is not them nor affiliated with them. Looks like someone got their signals crossed.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='27 April 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1272400425' post='2277573']
Really VE, you guys are going to baaw about something that happened 3 years ago? Seriously give these guys a break. If they turn out to be the same, how hard will it be for you to roll them?
[/quote]
It might be more difficult than you think - at the moment VE only has 10 nations in range of any of the 18 /b/ nations. They're outnumbered!

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='27 April 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1272400425' post='2277573']
Really VE, you guys are going to baaw about something that happened 3 years ago? Seriously give these guys a break. If they turn out to be the same, how hard will it be for you to roll them?
[/quote]

No, notice I said we talked with a group of /b/ about a return...that infers the exact opposite of bawing and that we have no intention of barring a return. To be clear, we have no interest in keeping people out who have not done anything wrong in the modern tense

That being said, the fact that this group of /b/ bypassed the other who had already been working on a return and formed without so much as a peep to anyone is quite telling. But, if it was anyone's place to keep them out, it would be that group of /b/ who were already working on a return, as we simply don't care enough to "baw".

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='27 April 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1272401137' post='2277587']
No, notice I said we talked with a group of /b/ about a return...that infers the exact opposite of bawing and that we have no intention of barring a return. To be clear, we have no interest in keeping people out who have not done anything wrong in the modern tense

That being said, the fact that this group of /b/ bypassed the other who had already been working on a return and formed without so much as a peep to anyone is quite telling. But, if it was anyone's place to keep them out, it would be that group of /b/ who were already working on a return, as we simply don't care enough to "baw".
[/quote]
Other VE responses ITT say otherwise.

[quote name='Kenfolk GTS' date='27 April 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1272344151' post='2276968']
Please try and not do what your predecessors did. Kthxbai
[/quote]

This.

I can probably be labeled a dinosaur since i recall some of the events that led to the fall of the previous alliance holding that name.

Good luck, if you wish to go by that name you'll have a lot of negative publicity from the old days to overcome.

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='27 April 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1272400425' post='2277573']
[/quote]

Believe me that was sceptism at best due to /b/'s history.

The VE is the last one that will prevent a come back of anyone by all means.
Note, I'm not speaking for the alliance, that's just the atmoshphere that I feel that has always been present in our alliance.
Just like when we did not had a huge problem with the fact that GOONS returned on the face of planet Bob, which haven't been the bestest of friends with us in the past.