Farkistan Detective Agency

I don't quite get why NSO still care about NpO when it's been obvious for some time the feeling isn't reciprocated. Seriously, Polaris doesn't like the Sith, Sith obviously have no love for Polaris right now, does that really mean we have to go through a list of their mistakes in every thread you can possibly tie it into from now until the end of time?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Starfox101' date='09 April 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1270792868' post='2254050'][quote name='Bilrow' date='09 April 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1270792487' post='2254045']
Why are people making me agree with Starfox?
[/quote]
You know Polar truly sucks when we agree. That very well may be a first.
[/quote]
Strange... I'd be far more inclined to guess that if you two agree on something the exact opposite must be true.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='09 April 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1270818175' post='2254229']
I'm pretty confused as to why anyone would sign a treaty with NpO after the way they've behaved in the last two months. Is having their NS bound to SF/SG really so important as to set aside principles?
[/quote]

I believe this has been in the works for a longish while now. Maybe Farkistan like others have found that the good is still there, in a quantum good enough to overtake the recent mishaps.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='09 April 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1270819181' post='2254236']
I believe this has been in the works for a longish while now. Maybe Farkistan like others have found that the good is still there, in a quantum good enough to overtake the recent mishaps.
[/quote]
Perhaps they merely see the NpO as a group of good people who may have made mistakes, rather than an incorrigible group of misfits who will always be screw-ups or a sinister group of evil scoundrels who will always taint everything they touch. Especially if the leadership under which said mistakes were made is now no longer in power.

Honestly speaking, almost every alliance of any real significance has screwed up at least a few times (and sometimes in astronomically stupid ways), many of which have gone on to earn the respect and admiration of the community as a whole (and some of whom were already respected/admired when they screwed up). There seems to be an awful lot of throwing stones in glass houses in this thread.

Nor is it entirely surprising that many of the people who seem unwilling to ever cut the NpO any slack or push to abuse them the hardest are also the people who stand to gain politically by painting the NpO as unrepentant villains with no redeeming features. Realpolitik is alive and well, as it always has been, and the morality of any given action is apparently directly proportional to just how tied you are to a given alliance.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='08 April 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1270782742' post='2253847']
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/Aceofspadezs/HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

C'mon, man, that's really a crime against Tintin.

Like this treaty; love this thread.

[quote name='Smacky' date='09 April 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1270793850' post='2254073']
It just goes to show how people here will stoop to anything for a little more NS on their side.
[/quote]

You do realize that Polar and Fark were already linked through Ragnarok right? And that this is a PIAT which entails no actual defensive obligations? How exactly is either Fark or Polar (can't tell who you're trying to take an uninformed, cheap swipe at, assuming Polar though) stooping "to anything for a little more NS on their side"? Do you even know anything about the relationship between Fark and Polar?

Anyway, congratulations guys. Here's hoping the relationship grows into something much more.

Edit:

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='09 April 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1270818175' post='2254229']
I'm pretty confused as to why anyone would sign a treaty with NpO after the way they've behaved in the last two months. Is having their NS bound to SF/SG really so important as to set aside principles?
[/quote]

Something about a friendly relationship being developed over a period of many months, in part due to the fact that they jointly protect us. But nah, let's go with them setting aside principles to bound themselves to SF/SG for no reason. Just because.

Edited by Jyrinx

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='09 April 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1270818175' post='2254229']
I'm pretty confused as to why anyone would sign a treaty with NpO after the way they've behaved in the last two months.
[/quote]

Similarly, I'm confused why anyone is doubting Fark's judgment. You would think, considering the intensity of Polar-Fark relationship over the past few months - as opposed to, say, the intensity of our relationship with VE (and you) over the past few months - that Fark would be in a better position to qualify what constitutes a foreign affairs mistake. as well as whether their friends (Polar and Fark being friendly alliances before this treaty) can be defined as a politically unreliable alliance. It is not as though Fark has a history of signing weak treaties - they actually seem to have a higher treaty retention rate than most other alliances of their size. If their record is anything to go by, I would say Fark seem to have a very good idea of what they are looking for in an alliance, and how to maintain a friendship through a treaty. If you want to accuse Fark of having bad judgment, then you would need to somehow prove they are deviating from their normal, rational, foreign policy. Either Fark is making a mistake with this NAP and thereby acting somewhat out of character (their high treaty retention proving their generally intelligent foreign policy), or you're wrong.

I would consider your confusion more of a result of your ignorance of the Polar-Fark relationship than your own exhaustive knowledge of my alliance's character.

o/ Polaris

o/ FARK

[quote name='Näktergal' date='09 April 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1270817205' post='2254222']
Strange... I'd be far more inclined to guess that if you two agree on something the exact opposite must be true.
[/quote]
Well hello there - I like how you think :D

EDIT: Also, very well written... congrats on that :)

Edited by endovelicus

I am somewhat torn on this. This was a horrible move by both polar and fark. It was one that was from the very beginning calculated, planned, and aimed squarely at the Sith for no other reason than to prod them. It is definitive proof that we have become the monster we have for so long feared...

On the other hand,
[img]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll270/sweetchinmusical/WelcometoFark-Dawson.jpg[/img]

/Yeeees. Let the tears flow through you.

Edited by chewy milk

I think NSO would find itself less surprised today if they actually took that easy way out of the war from the start back when it was offered (p.s. when i say easy i mean possibly because some people tried to make it easy).

Anyway congrats on the piat fark and NpO

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' date='09 April 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1270838589' post='2254483']
Why's that?
[/quote]
The topic name had me thinking, " What an elite spy organization? An investigate press corps? Cracking down on tech raiders? Internal affairs issues?"

The ideas seem far fetched but judging from what I've seen on CN so far, you never know whats coming next.

[quote name='Jyrinx' date='09 April 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1270835831' post='2254448']
You do realize that Polar and Fark were already linked through Ragnarok right?
[/quote]
Haha, oh wow. Are you suggesting that being allied to RoK puts you in NpO's good graces?

You should go have a little chat with \m/.

Glad to see this come to fruition.

[quote name='Smacky' date='09 April 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1270839285' post='2254495']
Haha, oh wow. Are you suggesting that being allied to RoK puts you in NpO's good graces?

You should go have a little chat with \m/.[/quote]No. He was referring to the fact that this treaty wasn't signed "just to get a little more NS" on Superfriends sides since, in theory, Polar already is through RoK.

Perhaps next time you should read the thread and get the context before replying.

[quote name='uaciaut' date='09 April 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1270837673' post='2254470']
I think NSO would find itself less surprised today if they actually took that easy way out of the war from the start back when it was offered (p.s. when i say easy i mean possibly because some people tried to make it easy).

Anyway congrats on the piat fark and NpO
[/quote]
You mean the easy way out that was presented as an ultimatum while I had Grub in my ear telling me he had worked out white peace for us, while he was also at the same time telling Farkistan that he didn't know why we were being unreasonable? That one, right? The one that was removed from the table [i]before[/i] most of the peanut gallery started harping on how I should have just accepted it? Odd.

Anyway, I don't care one way or the other about Polar's diplomatic relations, just as I do not care in the same vein about the Sith's relations. I just find the revisionism about what I "should" have done over things that I actually did to be humerous.

[quote name='chewy milk' date='09 April 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1270837174' post='2254463']
I am somewhat torn on this. This was a horrible move by both polar and fark. It was one that was from the very beginning calculated, planned, and aimed squarely at the Sith for no other reason than to prod them. It is definitive proof that we have become the monster we have for so long feared...
/Yeeees. Let the tears flow through you.
[/quote]
Actually, I think it will be the MADP with GoD that will do that. :P

[quote name='Fallen_Fool' date='09 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1270841090' post='2254521']
No. He was referring to the fact that this treaty wasn't signed "just to get a little more NS" on Superfriends sides since, in theory, Polar already is through RoK.

Perhaps next time you should read the thread and get the context before replying.
[/quote]
[i]You[/i] are the one entirely missing context here bub.

1. Sharing RoK as an ally with NpO does [i]not[/i] put them on your side. This is a provable fact.

2. His post was in response to my own previous post and not some ethereal concept that can only be gleaned by reading the entire thread, which I have by the way.

[quote name='Smacky' date='09 April 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1270841691' post='2254530']
[i]You[/i] are the one entirely missing context here bub.

1. Sharing RoK as an ally with NpO does [i]not[/i] put them on your side. This is a provable fact.

2. His post was in response to my own previous post and not some ethereal concept that can only be gleaned by reading the entire thread, which I have by the way.
[/quote]
Aren't we all one big happy family now? You don't need to be so harsh. Polar will stand by those allies that are strongest and don't make waves. If you quiet down you might be one of the lucky ones.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='09 April 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1270841840' post='2254534']
Aren't we all one big happy family now? You don't need to be so harsh. Polar will stand by those allies that are strongest and don't make waves. If you quiet down you might be one of the lucky ones.
[/quote]
We can only hope.

[quote name='RavingMainyYak' date='09 April 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1270807037' post='2254185']
Looks like a win-win to me.

Oh, and here's a tear review for you . . .
[center][img]http://www.worldproutassembly.org/images/iraq-tears.jpg[/img][/center]

[center]Corinan Lachryma[/center]
Produced in the same brewery as the world famous [i]Ivan Moldavi Tears of Utter Fail[/i] -a most delicious libation- this brew is remarkable in its bitterness. Despite the intense assault on the tongue's bitter receptors, these tears are remarkably devoid of any additional sensory stimulus. This is likely due to the absence of any ingredients of substance. To be fair, there is little remaining of the sith infrastructure and the makers of [i]Corinan Lachryma[/i] have been reduced to brewing this vile ale in whatever vessels can be scavenged. That and the sith practice of placing their water intakes downstream from their solid waste discharges. On a scale of five handkerchiefs, this brew rates a two.
[/quote]
Yak you are beautiful :wub:

Congrats to my friends in Fark on this very important treaty(or atleast per NSO its important, what with all their complaining)