Farkistan Detective Agency

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Starfox101' date='11 April 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1271023766' post='2256603']
Yes, and right after that war you rebuilt, signed 30 treaties and were a "changed" alliance.
[/quote]

Current issues aside, I actually miss Sponge's reign. You must admit it was at least more exciting.

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='Starfox101' date='11 April 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1271035641' post='2256824']
NPO said the same thing, my friend.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]To be fair, it was more than just you. NPO stepped on the toes of pretty much everyone, declaring that because people minded NPO must have been doing something right. In the last war Polaris screwed over everyone. Of course they eventually had that come to Jesus moment and went back to SuperComplaints, but people will still remember. Only reason Polar is still around is because they agreed to become a lapdog to MK and Co. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.[/color]

[quote name='Dilber' date='09 April 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1270793718' post='2254068']
I'd love to, but you are in the middle of rebuilding, and CSN would make you peace out. :smug:
[/quote]

Touche, Dilber. CSN's actually fine with me fighting; it'd just have to be an actual war with CSN. You bring your friends and I'll bring mine?

[quote]And now the New Polar Order signs a treaty with one of the alliances responsible for holding the New Sith Order in the war for so long. So, how exactly has Polar changed?[/quote]

Too early for spin, bud. Fark gave NSO multiple white peace opportunities very early in the war.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 April 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1271038758' post='2256886']
Too early for spin, bud. Fark gave NSO multiple white peace opportunities very early in the war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, you demanded reps and a no-entry. That isn't white peace.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 April 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1271039736' post='2256914']
[color="#0000FF"]No, you demanded reps and a no-entry. That isn't white peace.[/color]
[/quote]

We offered several sets of peace terms as Fark has mentioned time and time again. And no, adding in re-entry doesn't change it from being almost no terms. NSO was offered a white surrender several times. In the end they paid a dollar in reps and agreed that leaving the war meant leaving the war. Pretty damn easy terms I must say.

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 April 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1271040044' post='2256920']
We offered several sets of peace terms as Fark has mentioned time and time again. And no, adding in re-entry doesn't change it from being almost no terms. NSO was offered a white surrender several times. In the end they paid a dollar in reps and agreed that leaving the war meant leaving the war. Pretty damn easy terms I must say.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Those were not the original terms and NSO was never offered white peace. No, a beer review, a declaration of defeat/surrender, and not re-entering....that is not white peace. White peace is no terms.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 April 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1271040655' post='2256937']
[color="#0000FF"]Those were not the original terms and NSO was never offered white peace. No, a beer review, a declaration of defeat/surrender, and not re-entering....that is not white peace. White peace is no terms.[/color]
[/quote]

Fine. White surrender. The point is they had offers that all they had to do was walk away and never come back, along with typing a paragraph. It's not the harsh surrender terms you'd imply by mentioning they had to pay "reps" and were "kept in war so long"

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Smacky' date='09 April 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1270848622' post='2254641']Political advantage? No. I implied that it's disgraceful for anyone to associate with NpO, who's only redeeming factor is being the 4th largest alliance. Don't bother trying to extol your virtues because as far as I'm concerned nothing will ever outweigh the negatives. [/quote]You flat out said said that the only reason Fark signed with Polar was to get "a little more NS on their side." The only reason you need more NS on your side is if you're angling for political advantage.

[quote]Oh man, I need to wipe some tears of laughter away. What treaty did you follow the first time you attacked RoK's allies?[/quote][quote name='Gamemaster1' date='09 April 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1270850083' post='2254657']
Wait, what? Hahahahahahahahaha.

You followed no treaties attacking \m/. Don't even try to pull that crap.[/quote]We didn't follow a treaty in attacking \m/. I never claimed we followed a treaty in attacking \m/. Saying I said otherwise is just stupid.

And, for the record, attacking RoK's ally, while a stupid and generally !@#$%* thing to do, was not a violation of any treaty provision. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 April 2010 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1271037802' post='2256869']
[color="#0000FF"]To be fair, it was more than just you. NPO stepped on the toes of pretty much everyone, declaring that because people minded NPO must have been doing something right. In the last war Polaris screwed over everyone. Of course they eventually had that come to Jesus moment and went back to SuperComplaints, but people will still remember. Only reason Polar is still around is because they agreed to become a lapdog to MK and Co. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.[/color]
[/quote]
My point exactly. This unfortunate Polar attempted to claim as though I represented the opinions of fools, and this just goes to show he is wrong. I encourage him to stick his hands in his ears and cover his eyes and pretend he is right though, then it will be just as easy to blindside them as it was NPO.

Quit living in a fairy tale.

[quote name='Fallen_Fool' date='12 April 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1271055752' post='2257195']
And, for the record, attacking RoK's ally, while a stupid and generally !@#$%* thing to do, was not a violation of any treaty provision. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
[/quote]
It may not have violated any treaty provision, but any good alliance attempting to uphold the spirit of the treaty wouldn't do such a thing.

Edited by Starfox101

[quote name='Penkala' date='08 April 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1270789746' post='2254010']
Oh man oh man. Imagine some logs got out from an alliance like, say, NSO, discussing how they could roll purple and yet do it in a way that would allow NSO to pick alliances such as Invicta up as meatshields afterward. And imagine an alliance like Invicta actually signed a treaty with NSO after that. That'd have made even less sense! Good thing that will never happen!
[/quote]
I couldn't help but lol at this little gem.

Congrats to FARK & Polar, I hope this is the start to a beautiful friendship.

[quote name='Fallen_Fool' date='12 April 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1271055752' post='2257195']
You flat out said said that the only reason Fark signed with Polar was to get "a little more NS on their side." The only reason you need more NS on your side is if you're angling for political advantage.

We didn't follow a treaty in attacking \m/. I never claimed we followed a treaty in attacking \m/. Saying I said otherwise is just stupid.

[/quote]

Maybe Hoo should have thrown in a "don't use our MDoAP as a tool to attack our allies while preventing us to enter in defense of them" clause to the new treaty, then. I think it's crystal clear that you broke the spirit of the treaty.

[quote name='Fallen_Fool' date='12 April 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1271055752' post='2257195']
[/quote]
And here we were all buying into the rhetoric that treaties were some high-minded representation of a relationship between two alliances, where the spirit is as important as the letter (perhaps moreso). Once upon a time the preference for one over the other was reversed in the Polar Order. Ah well, I'm sure those facts make great friends.

[quote name='Doitzel' date='12 April 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1271075090' post='2257281']
And here we were all buying into the rhetoric that treaties were some high-minded representation of a relationship between two alliances, where the spirit is as important as the letter (perhaps moreso). Once upon a time the preference for one over the other was reversed in the Polar Order. Ah well, I'm sure those facts make great friends.
[/quote]

Try reading the first part of Fallen's sentence you quoted and not just the second part.

Edited by Grumpdogg