An Announcement from CnG and our brahs

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' date='27 February 2010 - 08:45 AM' timestamp='1267282122' post='2206484']
FEAR got off way to easy for being among the initial aggressors.

I guess we can get more reps next time they attack us.
[/quote]SAME AS THE OLD BOOOOSS

[quote name='Nada2486' date='27 February 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1267304261' post='2206896']
lol yeah i really like how they put "FEAR/NEW/WFF Surrender" How do we(WFF and NEW) surrender if we get white peace? And he puts "P.S. NEW and WFF get white peace." all the way at the bottom...

CnG are full of their own ego...

EDIT:Decided against using foul language.
[/quote]If you would rather we were still at war...

Clearly though you wouldn't, since you surrendered. Our terms were a bit tough though, so you should invidually redeclare in protest.

[quote name='Shinpah' date='27 February 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1267307847' post='2206962']
Hanlon's Razor, look it up [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Assuming something not in evidence.
Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity. Don't assign to stupidity what might be due to ignorance. And try not to assume your opponent is the ignorant one -- until you can show it isn't you. - M. L. Plano JoaoMiranda

[quote name='Yggdrazil' date='27 February 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1267323726' post='2207289']
Assuming something not in evidence.
Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity. Don't assign to stupidity what might be due to ignorance. And try not to assume your opponent is the ignorant one -- until you can show it isn't you. - M. L. Plano JoaoMiranda
[/quote]

Was directed at X Tela X, but pretty much. Going off on a rant about intentional dickery while it can be more easily explained that this was a mistake...

[quote name='K1L1On1Mr4' date='27 February 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1267309185' post='2207003']
Blame Gen Lee since he's way too late to nuke me with his WRC :P
Next time maybe iClean :wub:
[/quote]

Haha, definitely. :wub:

Also, the only CnG alliance I like is Athens. Definitely not brahs. But...
:wub: Athens

[quote name='Haflinger' date='27 February 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1267273992' post='2206390']
Yeah, they did. :wub: FEAR.

Glad to see CDT out of war; unhappy to see C&G joining up with the GOONS crew.
[/quote]
Yes, how dare C&G demand reparations from a party that attacked them aggressively!

[quote name='Gaius Aurelian' date='27 February 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1267309841' post='2207019']
I don't know why people are complaining about the reparations. First off, one of the advantages of a long, tough war is that we now have a bunch of disciplined nations in the 0-500 infra range. Second, we attacked CnG, we did lots of damage, but we lost. Quite justifiably they want some compensation (and if I were in their shoes I would demand reps too).

Maybe I've been too exposed to "hegemony" ways, but since when shouldn't winners enjoy the fruits of a victory well earned?
[/quote]
Shush, you! You don't know what's best for your own alliance.

[quote name='AirMe' date='27 February 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1267284672' post='2206518']
Congrats on peace. We are now down to TITtD. I do think FEAR got off pretty light for being one of the originators of the preemption but I guess that's the deal you get when you are the first to bite at terms.
[/quote]

I see what you did there. i like the subtle yet noticeable infering that we are somehow cowards for surrendering first. or something.

The truth is,we are not a large superpower alliance, we dont have the numbers etc needed to soak up as much damage as we were getting. we fought until we were no longer capable of doing any significant good for our side, at that time all we could do was divert attention and soak up nukes, but its not like we would even be doing much of that with our size, so the only thing to to was to surrender so that we could at least start rebuilding and not be a burden to our other allies, and maybe even help them with rebuilding down the road.

it wasnt a question of if we wanted to surrender, it was that surrendering was the best thing we could do for ourselves and our "side"

also, i love run-on sentences.

[quote name='Curly Mullet' date='28 February 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1267380554' post='2208532']
I see what you did there. i like the subtle yet noticeable infering that we are somehow cowards for surrendering first. or something.

The truth is,we are not a large superpower alliance, we dont have the numbers etc needed to soak up as much damage as we were getting. we fought until we were no longer capable of doing any significant good for our side, at that time all we could do was divert attention and soak up nukes, but its not like we would even be doing much of that with our size, so the only thing to to was to surrender so that we could at least start rebuilding and not be a burden to our other allies, and maybe even help them with rebuilding down the road.

it wasnt a question of if we wanted to surrender, it was that surrendering was the best thing we could do for ourselves and our "side"

also, i love run-on sentences.
[/quote]

I did nothing of the sort. I was not referring to FEAR being cowards in anyway. I was referring to the nature of negotiations.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='28 February 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1267382240' post='2208583']
Reps are a joke, isn't beating them down enough now you gotta rub it in their faces?
[/quote]
Sometimes it is enough to beat someone down, sometimes reps are necessary. When you are unjustly attacked you have every right in the world to demand compensation for the damages you've suffered.