Impressive alliances

Divi Filius

[quote name='bigwoody' date='26 February 2010 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1267205915' post='2205077']
On our fronts, tR surprised us a bit, they were in general very well prepared and did well.
[/quote]
tR surprised me quite a bit too. Their guys were ready for a war like this. Not many alliances are.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on our fronts TORN did the best with what they had but you just can't overcome NS variances like that but their resolve is firm and are still giving us fits here and there.
BAPS I didn't fight personally but I have been hearing great things about from my members included.

on our side gotta go with FOK. They keep scoring surrenders quickly (Although if you DoW that many someone is bound to :P)

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='26 February 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1267213675' post='2205226']
Polar performed admirably.
[/quote]

I'd like to second this. Some mistakes were made by some of their younger members just as you would expect to see in any alliance, but what impressed me was how quickly they learned from their mistakes and were able to turn things around in less than one war cycle.

Wasn't super impressed with anyone I fought. One or 2 I saw in our first 3 opponents had decent warchests, but that's it.

Of the people I've just been casually watching the stats of, TOP and NEW seem to have torn some stuff up. TPF worked over some people as well.
On the other side, Umbrella is always awesome, and TOP people have complimented MK quite often. SO I'll go with that.

I'm going to have to go with FOK, since the OP already got PC. (Though both are about equal for me).

You guys are an awesome alliance all around. For some reason, I never think about all the awesome things you've done, but really, you guys are radical.

[quote name='Overlord Shinnra' date='26 February 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1267213698' post='2205227']
on our fronts TORN did the best with what they had but you just can't overcome NS variances like that but their resolve is firm and are still giving us fits here and there.
BAPS I didn't fight personally but I have been hearing great things about from my members included.

on our side gotta go with FOK. They keep scoring surrenders quickly (Although if you DoW that many someone is bound to :P)
[/quote]

Ditto. Not to toot our own horn, but TORN is taking a beating, and lost like 70% of their strength, and they're still holding strong, so they get a tip of my hat.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='26 February 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1267199508' post='2204969']
Prediction: over half of nominations will be MK or TOP.
[/quote]

Doubt that. Not only are we "as bad as them" (whatever that's supposed to mean) but we're also the godliest military in CN 2008 and 2009. It's difficult to impress when everyone expects you to perform highly. Even if we do.

Also, not a dig at my opponents but none of my targets have been very impressive so far. Hopefully, I'll get people in shape when I come out of PM.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='26 February 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1267204352' post='2205056']
Not fought an alliance that is impressive as a whole. 2 of my TOOL targets have been great fighters (one was the Hand of War so I guess it's expected) and the other 3 or 4 have been terrible/turting/not even hitting me with cruise missiles ffs. I've not seen enough TOP nations to say and those I did fight had our war interupted by first me disappearing for 2 days, then him disappearing for two days ^_^
[/quote]
I've been hit by nearly every alliance in on this front now, and I have to say LoSS and Nemesis fight the best. This guy ^^ :P manages to hit nearly every attack despite that fact that I have a load more infra then him. Also, I'd hope I'm that second guy. :smug:

Edited by Gamemaster1

[quote name='potato' date='26 February 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1267216005' post='2205262']
Doubt that. Not only are we "as bad as them" (whatever that's supposed to mean) but we're also the godliest military in CN 2008 and 2009. It's difficult to impress when everyone expects you to perform highly. Even if we do.

Also, not a dig at my opponents but none of my targets have been very impressive so far. Hopefully, I'll get people in shape when I come out of PM.
[/quote]I guess we're just not NPO. Time was, reputations begat more reputation...now it seems the opposite is true.

Definitely impressed by tR, wasn't expecting quite as much as we got :nuke:. Obviously MK never ceases to disappoint :wub:. Also, heard good things about NoR from Val. FOK! has been a force to contend with as well it seems.

For our side I've been impressed by Zenith, I thought they did a great job taking on Gre. BAPS also, the DoW in defense of invicta was great. Argent too, tied up a lot of upper tier and spit out some serious damage. Also, TOP of course.

Edit: I forgot DAWN, who I think have done a great job with the members they have. Good strong willed alliance.

Edited by Lord Curzon

Of the alliances I fought, ODN definately was a positive surprise; of course having met Merlin and Arsenal in combat I may have hit more activity than expected, but for a so-long derided alliance they did very well.

MK was an expected success story.
From a distance, VE seems to be doing quite well too.

As to our side, OG/Zenith taking on Grämlins with some serious success surprised me a bit, definately good going there.

TPF showed some admirable skill at coming back from the dead by performing admirably in this war.

Purple in general gave a pretty good fight in what was even announced as a curbstomp.

The rest of our allies are also doing well, and cooperation has been good on our direct fronts.

But, in the end, the sheer volume of damage that we, TOP, have caused, is somewhat of a surprise. Certainly people had calculated how much damage we could do (and truth be told, could take), but to see it in action... consider me pleasantly surprised.

I had already high expectations for VE, FOK, Umbrella, BAPS so their doing well wasn't a surprise. The two alliances who most exceed my expectations were NV and NoR, especially NoR. For a relatively quiet alliance they had an outstanding level of participation and coordination.

I've been very impressed by TOP. Their initial wave of attacks was very well planned- and since then they have minimised damage well. Their tactics of moving off AA regularly to avoid staggers are fairly successful too- and appear to be well coordinated.

MK has obviously fought well- that's expected.

Aircastle did exceptionally well. They could possibly work on coordination other attacking nations- but the number of offensive wars they engaged in was very impressive.

Polaris did well. After their initial hit my PC (+ hangers on) and FOK they took a pretty big beating. But they seemed to turn it around. Their aid coordination has also been solid from what i've seen there.

Sparta did better than I thought they would, tR impressed me considering how new they are, Fark did well, VE had a nice blitz and STA did very well too (although I think we all expected them to :P).

[quote name='Choader' date='26 February 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1267221208' post='2205368']
I had already high expectations for VE, FOK, Umbrella, BAPS so their doing well wasn't a surprise. The two alliances who most exceed my expectations were NV and NoR, especially NoR. For a relatively quiet alliance they had an outstanding level of participation and coordination.
[/quote]

My sentiments exactly :D

[quote name='Yankeesfan924' date='26 February 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1267215257' post='2205252']
Ditto. Not to toot our own horn, but TORN is taking a beating, and lost like 70% of their strength, and they're still holding strong, so they get a tip of my hat.
[/quote]
I'd say strength loss when you have 15 alliances lined up against 36 nations is pretty inevitable (you can't take that much credit), but our guys have stuck to what works for dealing damage at an impressive rate all the way down.

I will say though that of our opponents, who are mixed in skill (not going to trash talk here), tR has been pound for pound the toughest.