Impressive alliances

Divi Filius

As this war has been raging on for nearly a month now (or even longer, depending on the interpretation of events) and most fronts are winding down, I think it's high time to evaluate which alliances left a distinct mark on this conflict. So :

[b]Militarily speaking, which alliances impressed you the most throughout this conflict ?[/b]

Your picks can be friend or foe and are not limited to alliances you or your alliance fought.

[u]My personal two picks would be[/u] :

[b]PC[/b]. They took a lot of damage in the war against Polar whilst defending \m/, yet still managed to declare on numerous other alliances later on in the (other) war.

[b]TPF[/b]. I didn't even think they would be capable of warfare after the beating they took in 'Blue Balls War', yet they still put on a very impressive display in this one.

Edited by Divi Filius

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw a shout out to OG and Zenith, they staggered us well and kept us in nuke anarchy so we couldnt reup on IRON. They really threw themselves under the bus for thier allies, I respect them for that, a lot of them hit us knowing they were going to take massive damage from our tech.

Not fought an alliance that is impressive as a whole. 2 of my TOOL targets have been great fighters (one was the Hand of War so I guess it's expected) and the other 3 or 4 have been terrible/turting/not even hitting me with cruise missiles ffs. I've not seen enough TOP nations to say and those I did fight had our war interupted by first me disappearing for 2 days, then him disappearing for two days ^_^

OMFG has to top lists in this. Smaller membership deals out huge amounts of damage and quit is just not in their vocabulary.

BAPS One of the greatest allys to have they will never leave a man behind

PC While politically we hate each other i got nothing but mad respect for these guys

NoR One of the most effecient AAs when it comes to war.

FAN 3 years off had a bit of a learning curve to start but Ill take them as a friend any day of the week.

Picked two for both sides of the current war.

TOP = They are taking a beating but not without a fight. They are dragging alot of the opposing alliance with them.
TPF = The Phoenix insignia is so appropriate for this alliance. They keep getting knockdown yet they keep rising up for every war since the Karma/Armageddon War.

VE = No nonsense alliance. They seem to go in hit hard and get out nice and clean. Was impress with them during the Karma/Armageddon War.
FOK = Another no nonsense alliance that seem to be very organize and effective whenever they enter a fray.

IRON: The sheer fact they've retained so much of their membership despite this being the second time in a year in which they've had like 10m NS chopped off. Not saying they're great militarily, but not many can say they've been through what they have (twice) and continued on.

On our fronts, tR surprised us a bit, they were in general very well prepared and did well.

On our side, the sheer epicness of the damage TOP is doing is without precedent, as far as I can remember.

On the other side, I keep hearing about how skilled NoR and FAN are.

Our entire front was pretty great stuff. NoR, PC, DT, \m/ were great to fight alongside, and Valhalla didn't disappoint either as an enemy - cut an arm off, they pick it up in the other hand and beat you round the head with it!

Well there are a few alliances that are impressive, but if this is getting at which alliances were more impressive than I anticipated there aren't that many. I would have to say NoR was one of them, I honestly didn't know they had that much war potential.

TOP was impressive yes, but moreso than I expected going in? No (I did have high expectations so don't take that in a negative manner)

As for some of our allies like FOK, DT and Umbrella, same deal as TOP.

Edited by Drai

I was really impressed with how Aircastle did.

On a serious note, I think MK fighters were hardest I had. Few Vanguard I did have were decent (Rafael Nadal was awful though :D), but their warchests were really bad. MK on other hand has good warchest, and keeps hitting :). Good work guys.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='26 February 2010 - 09:09 AM' timestamp='1267204352' post='2205056']
Not fought an alliance that is impressive as a whole. 2 of my TOOL targets have been great fighters (one was the Hand of War so I guess it's expected) and [b]the other 3 or 4 have been terrible/turting/not even hitting me with cruise missiles ffs.[/b][/quote]

Methinks you caught inactives. <_<

I'm a tech-bank so I'm in PM for the duration of the war (which sucks because I wanted to see if I'd improved any since I got pounded during NoCB) but I've heard a lot of people giving props to the Superfriends alliances hitting us (MA and RIA) and also VE.

Edited by Uralica