Impressive alliances

Divi Filius

[quote name='Trinite' date='26 February 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1267226628' post='2205470']
Shockingly, TOP is really active, have great tech ratios, know how to play, and have huge warchests :-o. OMFG impressed me both in their prowess and demeanor.
[/quote]

I can't wait to see OMFG in a relatively even war (So far they've had to fight TOP and Sparta...)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jstep' date='26 February 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1267241127' post='2205766']
I can't wait to see OMFG in a relatively even war (So far they've had to fight TOP and Sparta...)
[/quote]
Our name is Ordinary Men Fighting Giants, not Ordinary Men Fighting Ordinary Men :P

That being said, during NoCB, we fought =LOST= and it was a pretty even fight in terms of NS and membership. I think both of us would have enjoyed a rematch in this war. Maybe next time, guys :awesome:

[quote name='potato' date='26 February 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1267216005' post='2205262']
Doubt that. Not only are we "as bad as them" (whatever that's supposed to mean) but we're also the godliest military in CN 2008 and 2009. It's difficult to impress when everyone expects you to perform highly. Even if we do.
[/quote]
The godliest military in CN 2008 and 2009 got ran over by a bunch of infra huggers. :smug:

Poking aside, MK has indeed lived up to their expectations as one of the best alliances in the game. ODN comes in second place if I were to rank the twenty two alliances we've been fighting. People busted their chops for awhile but they've done a great job of putting up a fight, alot better than most of the people who piled on us.

NSO - What other alliance puts themselves out there for their allies like that, and does so with such courage and honour?

Zenith - They were an inspirational ally for the Old Guard.

TOP - Say what you will about them, but they are an excellent war machine. Their organisation is second to none.

FOK and VE - Both have many fronts open and are doing well to co-ordinate them.

I'm quite impressed with my friends in WFF and NEW for what they've accomplished.

I'm also very proud of my alliance, Veritas Aequitas and our protectorate DB4D. We're thoroughly outnumbered and outmanned and haven't given in and continue to fight.

o/ WFF
o/ NEW
o/ VA
o/ DB4D

edit: I'm a jerk and left off our protectorate DB4D. :( Sorry guys. I :wub: you!

Edited by JWConner

When Old Guard was tasked with hitting Grämlins the consensus was that we were running head first into a brick wall without a helmet.

And Zenith said - oh, goody, can we come?

Grämlins was the brick wall we expected, Zenith was the battering ram no one expected.

We tip our soiled and tattered caps to both.

EEjack

[quote name='Ch33kY' date='26 February 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1267246396' post='2205858']
NSO - What other alliance puts themselves out there for their allies like that, and does so with such courage and honour?

[/quote] What other alliance? STA :P

I'm gonna second this statement regarding the NSO, sadly due to differences in FA we are no longer allied.

[quote name='JWConner' date='27 February 2010 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1267247687' post='2205900']
I'm quite impressed with my friends in WFF and NEW for what they've accomplished. I'm also very proud of and thankful for my good friends in DB4D who came to our defense and continue to fight by our side.

I'm also very proud of my alliance, Veritas Aequitas. We're thoroughly outnumbered and outmanned and haven't given in and continue to fight.

o/ WFF
o/ NEW
o/ VA
o/ DB4D
[/quote]

Ftfy sir. :unsure:

Edited by rabonnobar

I fought a number of LoSS nations, and they gave me the hardest time in taking them down then any other AA I fought, and it was them that finally put me in anarchy. Something No one has ever done with any of my nations in the two years I've been playing CN. I salute LoSS and its members. Arkarian Was the most difficult soldier I had the honor of fighting in this war, he should get a military position in LoSS if he doesn't have one already.

o/LoSS
o/Arkarian

My shout outs would have to go to Death Before Dishonor, and VA. but the allaince that has impressed me the most is Death Before Dishonor, i have heard more then a few people both in LoSS and from our allies comment on the fierceness of the fighting from Death Before Dishonor

ODN performed much better than I had expected and are a solid and reliable military alliance.

TOP is still one of the loss-leaders of this war; with something around 60% NS loss from peak. At the present point, they are taking very little infra-damage as they are rebuying infra as fast as we can smash it. They'll take warchest damage for this tactic, but they have decent enough warchests to last a while.

That said, some TOP members coordinated pretty well, and I'm ashamed to say I never managed to interrupt even one attack from Crymson, Telchar, and Stukov. That round, I lost 7k infra, but I bought back to 5k afterwards.

As far as for their size goes, TOOL's ability to fight back in the upper ranges impresses me. Usually an alliance that size has all crappy coward members, but TOOL has delightfully surprised me.

But the best fighters we've faced had to be Death Before Dishonor by far. Those guys have been a real fun group to fight, and I think all my alliance-mates would agree with that.

EDIT: Asmo, he does :P

Edited by Co God Ben

Let's see, I've fought guys from IAA, LoSS, HoG, and Mafia in this war.

Doch from IAA has been very solid, as I expected. LoSS targets were either great (sup junior) or horrible. HoG was divided similarly. Mafia has just been terrible tbqh.

But, I can solidly hail IAA, LoSS, and HoG. Even if HoG is the 2nd worst alliance ever*. :awesome:

*(inside joke, don't get defensive :P)

Edited by rabonnobar

[quote name='Arkarian' date='27 February 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1267255631' post='2206212']
My shout outs would have to go to Death Before Dishonor, and VA. [b]but the allaince that has impressed me the most is Death Before Dishonor[/b], i have heard more then a few people both in LoSS and from our allies comment on the fierceness of the fighting from Death Before Dishonor
[/quote]

Completely agreed. DB4D fought damn well and we're extremely proud to be their protectors.

Also, as far as nations I personally fought, Lord Ditka of IAA kicked my $*#. If he hadn't been there, I'd have held my own, but he was definitely the one guy I couldn't get past.

Oh, and I have to give some props to Voodoo Nova. Yes, the rumors are true, he does suck at war. And yes, he did declare on me without any military improvements and I laughed at him for a few days for doing so. But, his SDI did take away my last 4 nukes, so he did do something right :D

:wub: LOLVoodoo :wub: